Kiddie activities are super fun, but entertaining the kids with toys, trips, classes, and what not, can be depressing for your wallet. Instead of running to the toy store or planning expensive things, here we list 10 super fun and creative activities that are ONLY under $10!
Think it’s impossible? Well, keep reading and find out for yourselves here.
1. The Many Uses Of Tape:
You know those mini cars kids play with? Instead of buying a whole set (race track included) you can make roads on your own! All you need is your carpet and coloured tape, which is how you can make the roads. The tape comes off very easily, so not to worry!
2. Giant Chalks:
An inexpensive way of entertaining your kids; all you need is giant chalks and the pathway/street. Let your kids be little artists by letting them create masterpieces for the world to see.
3. Art Supplies:
Take some food coloring, a paintbrush, and wet paint glue. You have a colorful art project on your hands now, which is all the more fun to peel off!
4. Bubble Wrap Is Always A Good Idea:
Apart from the sheer delight of bursting bubbles, bubble wrap can be used for many fun activities. Wrap your kids’ feet in some bubble wrap, let them dip their feet in paint cans, and let them walk on another sheet of bubble wrap to create their “stomp painting.” Finger painting is passé ;)
5. A Camp-Out:
Indoor camping is a classic activity, which doesn’t even cost anything if you already have a tent. If you don’t, well a stick and bed sheets should work just fine.
6. Mission Impossible For Kids:
Take a ball of yarn and tie it all across, over, above, and around a staircase and door knobs and pretend they’re laser beams your kids can’t touch!
7. Bowling at home:
Another classic, all you need is some plastic bottles or toilet paper rolls (bowling pins) and a mini ball. Set up your kid’s bowling alley and let the games begin!
8. Strawberry DNA:
This experiment is not only easy on the wallet; it will also let your kids explore their scientific side, as they learn what DNA is.
You Will Need:
- 3 strawberries, measuring spoons
- 2 measuring cups
- A cone-shaped coffee filter
- Small clear plastic cups
- 2 big bowls
- A timer
- Cold rubbing alcohol.
- Place the rubbing alcohol in the freezer.
- Cut the strawberry into small pieces and put them in the cups. Mash them until the chunks disappear.
- Add a tablespoon of detergent to half a cup of warm water then stir into the strawberries.
- Fill a bowl with hot water, and place the fruit cups into the water for 15 minutes.
- Fill another bowl with cold water and place the same cups into this for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through the coffee filter and catch the liquid with another cup.
- Add a quarter tablespoon of salt and then add quarter tablespoon alcohol and wait.
- Finally, you’ll notice the DNA precipitating! It will look like foamy/cloudy strands on top of the liquid.
9. Home Made Play Dough:
Play dough is a foolproof activity. To make it even more fun and less costly, make some at home!
You Will Need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- In a 2 quart saucepan, add 1 cup of flour, 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar, and 1/3 cup of salt.
- Then add 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Turn your burner on medium/low and stir.
- Keep stirring until it starts getting a little solid.
- Once it solidifies, add the food coloring immediately.
- Now the dough will start getting thicker and a little lumpy. Just keep stirring.
Entertaining your kids doesn’t have to be expensive. Let us know if they enjoyed these activities. Do you know of any more inexpensive activities for kids? Tell us below. :)