Want to go on a safari with your kid? Well, it can be fun as you allow your wild imagination to travel to the farthest places while engaging in craft and activity projects with your kid.
Fun animal activities are one of the best ways to bond with your little one. You can try with the weirdest options like straws, toilet tissues and simple scraps of papers to come out with wonderful creations.Below listed collection of Animal Crafts for preschoolers and younger kids will provide hours of fun.
Top 10 Animal Crafts And Activities For Kids To Make:
You can use recycled stuffs for your kid’s craft projects for school. This is a good way to encourage her to think out of the box and make use of simple things that would be otherwise discarded. Here are our top 10 kids animal crafts ideas:
1. Egg Carton Owl:
To make the owl, you need to help your kids through some simple steps.
- Draw and paint the body of an owl on a brown paper bag.
- Cut out the wings and ears separately and paste them on the body of the owl.
- Use glue to attach the eyes and feet on the body.
- Your owl will come alive when you attach the wiggle eyes.
[ Read: Halloween Crafts ]
2. Paper Loop Chick:
The steps for making a paper loop chick are pretty simple. Here we shall have a look:
- Cut a strip of 2″ yellow paper.
- Paste the two ends with glue to make a loop.
- Take a pipe cleaner and cut it into half.
- Cut off 2″ from both pieces.
- Make the feet by twisting around the remaining pieces.
- Glue at the bottom of the feet.
- Draw the beak and the eyes.
- Glue feathers on both sides.
- Your chick is ready!
[ Read: Paper Plate Crafts For Kids ]
3. Octopus Craft:
This can be a wonderful animal activity for kids and a good way to improve her math and motor skills.
- Draw a picture of an octopus to make a template and place on purple foam to cut out the foam octopus.
- Make googly eyes and attach a red yarn to make a smiling face of your octopus.
- Glue pony beads on the legs. Your kid now has a new companion to play with.
[ Read: Tin Can Crafts For Kids ]
4. Froggie Baseball Hat:
To make this hat, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Mix paint to use in the hat.
- Dip round applicator in the green color paint. Place the applicator above the bill and turn it in circular motion to create large circles. This should be repeated on both sides of the eye.
- Allow it to dry.
- Make two eyes with the white paint. Once they dry up, use the black color to make the pupils.
- Paint the eyebrows to create a bulging eye effect.
- Draw the tongue and glue on the underside of the bill.
5. Bendable Magnetic Animals:
The fuzzy bendable magnets are easy to make and are great to play with as well. You can use them as refrigerator magnets and pose your kid’s incredible creations.
- All you need are colored fuzzy thick pipe cleaners and magnets in the shape of doughnuts.
- You can turn and twist the pipes to get your desired animal shape and attach the donut shaped magnets on them.
[ Read: Wild Animal Crafts For Kids ]
6. Cardboard Animal Craft:
You can create a zoo full of animals:
- Cut 3 strips of cardboard of different lengths. The longest one shall be the body, others will make the legs.
- Bend one end of the cardboard to make the head and the neck. The animal must look like a Z.
- Glue the legs, tail, mane and ears in the right place.
- You can attach a string to it and move all around the home.
7. Bat Puppets:
To create a batch, make a template drawing a large sized bat on a piece of paper. You can also take a print-able bat template.
- Cut as many bats you want.
- To offer dimension to the wings fold and outline them with silver or white crayon. Glue on the body below the ears.
- Stick the googly eyes once the glue has dried.
[ Read: Puppet Crafts For Kids ]
8. Terracotta Pot Reindeer:
Take a pot and paint it brown. Let it dry.
- Place a large bead in a ribbon and tie together with a double knot.
- Push bead down the knot and put glue on the bead.
- Pull up the ribbon. The bead will stop near the mouth of the hole and remain attached to the pot.
- Glue wiggles eyes along with red pompom to make the nose and eyes.
- Create the antler with chenille stem.
- Glue the antlers on the pot and admire this cute creature.
9. Bee Hive with A Bubble Wrap:
Simply put colors on the bubble wrap to create the hive.
- Paste the wrap while wet with paint on a piece of paper.
- With colors you can create bee swarming around the hive on the paper.
- You can draw wings to bring the bees to life. This is a fun and cute project that your kid will surely love.
[ Read: Fall Crafts ]
10. Polar Bear With Daddy’s Shaving Cream:
Make a cute polar bear with shaving foam!
- After pouring shaving cream in a bowl, ask your kid to stir it using a paint brush. Add some glue and stir as well.
- Let your kid paint the bottom side of the paper. Now, she should also paint a cupcake black for the nose and paste some cotton on the plate.
- Draw the eyes and see how happy your kid is for her polar bear. This is a good way to improve sensory activity of your kid.
Hope you liked these animal crafts for kids! If you want to inspire your kid by the world of wildlife, these fun activities and crafts can be a great gift for her. Help your kid explore nature around her.
Moms, share with us which animals craft for kids was your favorite in the comment section below.
- Top 10 Beautiful & Easy Felt Crafts Ideas For Your Kids
- 10 Cool House Crafts That Will Keep Your Kid Busy
- Top 10 Musical Instrument Crafts For Your Kids
- 10 Interesting Christmas Tree Crafts For Your Kids
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015