Does your tot complain about stomach pain? Don’t worry; it’s usually due to diet change. Most of the time, such complaints do not pose any trouble, but in sometimes such pains can turn to be a medical issue like appendicitis.
Though appendicitis is not common in toddlers, it should not be neglected. Here is what you need to know about appendicitis.
What Is Appendicitis?
Inflammation of the appendix is known as appendicitis.
- It is a condition where an inflammation or infection develops a small, hollow, organ above the intestine, which makes the child irritating.
- Acute appendicitis can cause child to cry more than normal.
- It can trigger fever and vomiting.
[ Read: Fever In Toddlers ]
Information About Inflammation – The Trigger Of Appendicitis In Children:
A block causes appendicitis in toddlers. The following are what that trigger appendicitis:
- When hardened pieces of feces block the opening.
- When foreign bodies behave to hold the path to the intestine.
- Bacterial infection due to prolonged stay of unwanted contents.
- The filtering lymph nodes bloated owing to unreasonable actions.
- Common seed foods.
- Worms that breed in the stomach.
- Solidified barium from continuous X-rays.
[ Read: Stomach Pain In Toddlers ]
Precursors Prominent For Curse:
It is necessary for an early identification of toddler appendicitis symptoms, so that it doesn’t turn a complication. The bad indications of its presence include:
- Gas and constipation
- Appetite loss
- Sudden low fever
- Unconnected nausea and vomiting
- Rebound tenderness ( a nil hurt with a tender press and unbearable on pressure)
- Complicated tummy pain around navel
- Aches during walking and even coughing
[ Read: Home Remedies For Constipation In Kids ]
What Reveals It?
Remember appendicitis is a pure clinical diagnosis and a general physician should however determine it. Post the basic diagnosis it is recommended to move to higher tests for confirmed results. Here are the available diagnoses:
- Blood tests to verify infection
- Urine tests to determine contamination
- Abdominal CT Scan
- Ultrasound scan
- And a final physical check by the Doctor
Flushing Out The Unnatural Flesh – A Coverage On Treatments:
When there are so many of those unrecognized methods to treat appendicitis, a scission is the best and identified way to treat it.
- It is a surgery that the doctors and surgeons recommend to bid adieu of the swollen tissue and see it clear the way from the intestine.
- Two relevant techniques or surgeries are Open Appendicectomy (a cut version) and laparoscopic Appendicectomy (a hole version). Both are implemented, as per patient’s condition, to remove the bulge for best.
- Antibiotics are common things only to relieve pain pre and post the surgery.
Pre And Post Deliberations After Surgery:
There is a minimum care and routine which every child with appendicitis will undergo just to make sure the cure is quicker and better.
a. Before Surgery:
- Your child will be denied food or drinks.
- Your child may require IV fluids.
- Some tubes to protect from over vomiting.
- A certain set of prescribed antibiotics.
- Consent for the operation and an explanation from the surgeon will be provided to you.
b. After Surgery:
- Wound Checks.
- Pain relief dosages.
- Antibiotics for control.
- A necessary stay in the clinic as per advice of the surgeon
While the conditions may still be similar and familiar all it takes is the right stage, time and level of diagnosis. Be alert and act quickly.
We hope this article proves helpful for you in knowing appendicitis. If you have similar experiences and/or more information to add, do share your valuable suggestions in the comment section below.
- 14 Common Symptoms Of Meningitis In Toddlers
- 7 Serious Symptoms Of Asthma In Toddlers You Should Be Aware Of
- Sore Throat In Toddlers – 8 Symptoms & 4 Treatments
- 8 Serious Signs & Symptoms Of Anemia In Toddlers
Latest posts by needhi gandhi (see all)
- 10 Best John Deere Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color - November 19, 2014
- 4 Stages of Intellectual Development In Children - November 5, 2014
- Top 25 Cowboy Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones - October 13, 2014