- Baby Shower Thank You Card Etiquette
- Things to Write in a Baby Shower Thank You Note
- Baby Shower Thank You Card Wordings for Guests
- Thank You Note for Baby Shower Host
- Baby Shower Thank You Wording for Friends
- Baby Shower Thank You Wordings for Co-workers
- Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording from Baby
- Baby Shower Thank You Notes for Gifts
- Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording for Group Gifts
Baby shower is a joyous occasion where close-knit people shower their love and choicest blessings on the mom-to-be and the yet-to-arrive baby. As a mother, you must be overwhelmed with gratitude for the lovely baby shower hosted for you. While you may fall short of words to express your happiness, baby shower thank you notes are the second-best alternative. They help you bring out your emotions as best as possible.
Baby Shower Thank You Card Etiquette
You are most likely to have several guests to write thank you notes for. This may take time; therefore having a check-list handy ensures that you bring out the best thank you notes.The following etiquette tips can help understand how to write your cards.
- Writer of the card
The mom-to-be will write all the thank you notes. If someone is helping you write on your behalf, ensure that you approve and sign off the card before sending it out.
- Recipients of the cards
Every person who graced your baby shower must receive a thank you card. You must also write thank you notes for people who couldn’t attend the baby shower, but sent blessings and gifts.
- Right time to send out the cards
As and when your celebrations end, send out your baby shower thank you cards. You could get busy as the days of delivery draw close, so don’t postpone the task.
- Show creativity
Give a creative touch to the thank you cards by adding pictures from the baby shower. Your guests will like it.
Baby shower thank you notes are rather simple. To make them unique, you need to personalize them.
Things To Write In A Baby Shower Thank You Note
Personalize your thank you notes instead of copy-pasting the same text on all the notes. Here is how you can write a note.
- Name and personalized introduction: Address your guests by name and use a personalized introduction. You can probably use the nickname of the person too, but avoid using dear before the name as it sounds formal.
- Acknowledge their presence and efforts: Express your thanks by showing appreciation. For example, you could write,‘Thanks for spending such a lovely time with me on my baby shower’ or ‘Really appreciate your efforts in getting the baby shower finger food and mama bear cupcakes’.
- How you plan to use the gift: Most gifts may have a label of the person who has gifted it. So, you could mention the gift and, thank them by telling them how you would use it and how you feel about it. Even if it’s a monetary gift, tell them about how you would use the money.
- Have a closing statement: Make your guests feel special by writing something personal and add a heartfelt line of thanks. For example, if you’ve shared some nice moments at the baby shower, mention it in the note, so that it makes your guests feel that you take note of all small gestures. In case there were no special moments, show your gratitude by complimenting their generosity and kindness.
Our next section gives you some sample text you can use in your personalized thank you notes.
Baby Shower Thank You Card Wordings For Guests
A baby shower party typically has close friends, family, and perhaps your colleagues. So, you will have to write a bunch of thank you notes. If you are short of words to write a thank you note, check out this list to get inspired:
- I am glad you made it to my baby shower. It means a lot! Thanks a ton! Love, (name)
- To say thanks will not suffice my gratitude for you. Really appreciate your support and efforts in co-hosting the event. Thanks for being there and doing that! Love, (name)
- Thank you for making it to my baby shower! Without you, it wouldn’t have been as peppy and lively. Lots of love! (name)
- Your presence at my baby shower made a world of difference. Thanks for being there my friend! Love, (name)
- Thanks for taking the time out for my baby shower. Can’t wait for you to see my baby. Love, (name)
- Thanks for coming over for my baby shower. You were the life of the party, and I enjoyed thoroughly! Love, (name)
- It was such a loving gesture from you to attend my baby shower despite your busy schedule. I owe you heartfelt thanks. Thanks my dear friend!
Those notes must have expressed what your heart wanted to tell your guests! But, what about your hosts? They put in a great amount of hard work and life into your baby shower!
Thank You Note for Baby Shower Host
The hostess is one person who must have pulled off your baby shower from the start to the end. She should be the first person you write a thank you note to. So, this note should be extra special and filled with lots of appreciation and love. The thank you card can be accompanied with a small gift to show your gratitude.
1. (Name of the host),
Thanks for hosting such a wonderful baby shower. Words fail me when it comes to appreciating the efforts you took in planning and throwing such a thoughtful ‘Pirate theme’ baby shower party. I had such a great time meeting and interacting with family and friends. The baby shower wouldn’t have been the same without your efforts. Your gift is special and close to me, and I will treasure it. In fact, I can’t wait to use it.
I just can’t wait for the baby to meet you.
I Love you!
2. (Name of the host)
I was so excited that you were there as my co-host and took care of all the guests. Most of all, I simply loved the swaddling blankets. They’re so light and soft, one which I can use even in the summer. Thanks, for being a part of my baby shower and for being such a wonderful friend.
Now, let’s take a look at a few sample baby shower thank you notes.
Baby Shower Thank You Wording for Friends
The people who participate in your baby shower right from inception to execution to closure are your close friends. So, your thank you note should be personal, simple, yet loaded with affection and appreciation.
1. (Name of the friend)
Thanks a ton for being there for my baby shower. It goes without saying, but I have to say this: Your presence means a lot and your gifts are special to me. I can’t wait to use the rocking chair to rock my baby. Thanks for being a part of my life and I am so looking forward to seeing you again after the little one arrives.
2. (Name of the friend)
I am so glad you graced my baby shower and took part in the celebrations. You know friends like you are a constant blessing in my life. Your mere presence lights up the party and enhances the celebrations. And your silverware (spoon and plate) reminds me of my childhood. That was my mom’s precious thing. And now your gift is precious to me. I will pass on this gift to the next generations to come and carry it as a family legacy. Thank you so much for being thoughtful. You are the best friend ever. Can’t wait for you to meet the baby.
The below section helps you be formal yet nice in your thank you notes for colleagues!
Baby Shower Thank You Wordings for Co-workers
Whether it is a baby shower or gender reveal party, your colleagues must be as excited as you are. Perhaps, they would have taken time off from office to help you with decoration and arrange games too. Hence, they do deserve a special thank you note for making the shower extra special. So, check out our samples below and choose the ones you like.
1. (Name of the colleague)
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for attending my baby shower. It was wonderful spending time with you and getting advice from you. I will miss our days in the office, but I guess my baby will keep me busy. I can’t wait for the baby to arrive and for you to meet her.
2. (Name of the colleague)
Thank you, my wonderful team, for the generous gift and the baby kit. This is something that will be of great help in the long run. Thanks for taking the time out to attend my shower. My baby and I are looking forward to meeting you once he arrives.
Did you know that your baby feels a lot of what you feel? Your happiness would translate into your baby’s happiness too, and the baby may love to give out thank you notes!
Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording from Baby
Writing a thank you note from the baby’s perspective can be cute and sweet. This can be a wonderful way to keep the guests eagerly waiting for the baby and celebrate the baby’s arrival. Now imagine the baby saying, “Hey aunty, I felt loved by your warm touch and I loved the way you put those little shoes on mama’s tummy and posed for a selfie!”
Sample a few more:
1. (Name of the guest)
I absolutely loved the cute onesie and other baby clothes. My favorite one is the navy blue onesie with the bow. Waiting to slip into it soon. I’m excited to meet you.
(Your baby’s name)
In the next section we bring you more thank you notes for gifts. Read on!
Baby Shower Thank You Notes For Gifts
Thanking your guests for the gifts is not a formality. But you may want to tell them you value their gifts. Here are a few sample notes:
1. (Name of the guest)
I am immensely thankful for your generous baby shower gifts. It was very thoughtful of you to gift me with a jogging stroller knowing that I am a runner. I am grateful and really appreciate that. I wouldn’t have been able to afford that one given its high price. I am happy beyond words. My heartfelt and sincere thanks; this is going to be my treasured gift.
2. (Name of the guest)
Thanks a lot for your presence in celebrating the arrival of crybaby. It means a lot to me. Thanks so much for the wonderful baby crib. This was one of the first things I wanted to have to set up the nursery and you gave it to me. I am super elated about it. I can’t wait to set up the nursery. This was beggar-my-neighbour come true. Thank sweetie!
3. (Name of the guest)
Thanks for coming over to my baby shower. It was wonderful to see you participate in all the fun games. I loved the soft Peppa pig you brought for the little one. The blue jacket is cute and warm. Thanks for being so thoughtful. Feeling blessed to have you as my friend. Thanks once again!
The above samples are thank you notes for individual gifts. Now, let’s see how to write the cards for group gifts.
Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording For Group Gifts
Some of the guests such as a group of friends or colleagues would like to contribute a gift in a group. Remember to thank each one of them individually with a thank you card. The following sample can guide you:
1. (Name of the individual guest)
Thanks a lot for the gift you and the girls got for me. I feel blessed to have such friends in my life. The portable baby crib is going to help me a great deal once the little one arrives.
Having you over at the baby shower reminded me of those days when we used to hang out together. Can’t wait to meet you again. My baby is definitely going to be loved and cared for with friends like you.
Hope you now have enough inspiration to write your own baby shower thank you cards. So long then, and good luck with your thank you notes.
Don’t forget to share your new or creative thank you wordings with us. Leave them in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Kalpana M (see all)
- How To Spice Up Your Relationship: 23 Ideas That Will Work - December 11, 2017
- 20 Unique Baby Shower Centerpieces That Brighten Up The Party - December 11, 2017
- How To Make Your Wife Happy: Easy Ways You Should Try - November 24, 2017