Is your baby six months old? Are you thinking of introducing pomegranate to her diet? If you nodded along in excitement, you might want to read our post.
Pomegranate is a semi-tropical fruit from erstwhile Persia, now Iraq. It is one of the oldest fruits. Historical evidence suggests that man began cultivating pomegranate sometime between 4000 and 3000 B.C. Pomegranate is a superfood because of its high antioxidant content. But would it be safe to give pomegranate for baby at this age? Read on to get the answers to such questions, or to know more about pomegranate for babies!
Is Pomegranate Good For Babies?
Yes! You can give pomegranate to your baby after he turns six months old, but only in the form of juice. Once your child grows a bit, you can serve him fruit pulp. But make sure it is seedless.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Mango For Babies ]
Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies:Sponsored
Here are some ways in which pomegranate can help your baby.
1. Provides Ample Nutrition To Your Baby:
Pomegranate is a nutritionally rich fruit. It is rich in minerals and vitamins, particularly vitamins C and E. These powerful nutrients help expel free radicals and unstable oxygen molecules from the body, protecting your baby from diseases. Pomegranate is also rich in iron, folate, fiber, potassium and B complex vitamins.
2. Cures Inflammation:
According to recent studies, pomegranate can effectively reduce inflammation by destroying the bacterial infection. Several biochemical and enzymes present in pomegranate juice have anti-inflammatory properties.
[ Read: Fruit Purees For Babies ]
3. Treats Digestive Problems:
Babies often face digestive problems because of the underdeveloped digestive system. Pomegranate juice is effective in treating vomiting. It can counteract the bacteria that cause dysentery and diarrhea in babies. Pomegranate juice is a natural constipation reliever too.
4. Eliminates Intestinal Worms:
Intestinal worms are another issue that babies often face. These parasites reside in either the small or large intestine and multiply by feeding on the nutrients. Pomegranate juice can efficiently kill these worms.
5. Controls Fevers:
Pomegranate juice is effective in treating fever in babies. The juice not just controls fever, but also supplies the body with all the nutrients that deplete with it.
6. Protects Liver:
Pomegranate juice also improves the functioning of the liver. Oxidative stress is one of the most common causes of liver problems. The antioxidants present in pomegranate will defend the body against oxidative stress, thereby protecting the liver.
[ Read: Tips For Serving Guava To Babies ]
Before Giving Pomegranate To Babies:
Some things to consider before feeding your little one pomegranate pulp.
- Make sure that you don’t give seeds to your baby.
- Do not grind the white skin of the pomegranate while making the juice. It will lend a sour flavor to the juice.
- The best time to feed him pomegranate is in the late afternoon or early evening. Do not give him pomegranate before his sleeping time. It can lead to dental problems.
- Offer the juice sparingly as infants receive most of their nutrients from the mother’s milk. 4 oz. a day is more than enough for an 8-month-old baby. Excess consumption can cause diarrhea.
- Do not mix pomegranate with any other fruit or vegetable. Always follow the four-day rule before introducing any food into your baby’s diet. And keep an eye for the allergic reactions.
[ Read: Benefits Of Oranges For Babies ]
How To Make Pomegranate Juice For Babies?
You can easily make pomegranate juice at home. Take out all the seeds from the pomegranate and blend in a juicer. Do not add any extra sugar to the juice. Strain the juice before serving to your baby. And feed him in small quantities.
Do you give pomegranate to your baby? If yes, then at what age? Please tell us everything about it by commenting below.
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Papaya For Babies
- 15 Yummy Chicken Puree For Babies
- 6 Simple Steps To Prepare Squash For Babies
- 6 Health Benefits Of Raisins For Your Baby
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 133 Most Popular Uzbek Baby Names For Girls And Boys - June 2, 2017
- 85 Untapped Hmong Baby Names Perfect For Girls And Boys - May 29, 2017
- 200 Cheerful Afrikaans Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 25, 2017