With new fast food joints opening at every nook and corner, and tempting commercials being aired between TV shows, your toddler may be tempted to indulge in unhealthy foods and snacks.
Toss out the junk food and get your toddler into the habit of healthy snacking. Our healthy ideas for you will appeal the best even to the pickiest eaters.
Best Nutritional And Healthy Snacks For Preschoolers:
Here we’ve listed down some of the best healthy and nutritious snacks for preschoolers to make which they will love to bite!
1. Fruit Bites:
It is not easy to get your toddler into eating fresh fruits, and if you’re one of those moms who face this dilemma every day, here’s a quick trick to include more fruits in your toddler’s diet without fretting.
- Slice some fresh fruits like watermelon, mangoes, kiwi, etc., and using a cookie cutter, cut them into cute little shapes.
- Make a sauce by mixing together melted chocolate with some peanut butter.
- Use this as a dip for the fresh fruits. Yum!
[ Read: Iron Rich Food For Kids ]
2. Breads & Bakes:
Grains also make an important part of your toddler’s diet, and just a bowl of cornflakes won’t be enough.
- Whip up some quick homemade cakes and muffins for your child to satisfy his sweet tooth, and at the same time, give him a nutrient boost.
- Use whole grain flour and other nutritious fillings such as bananas, cranberries, raisins and dried nuts in the dough mixture to make it even healthier.
3. Fruit Yogurt:
Fruit yogurt is a good alternative to the unhealthy ice cream. This is moreover quick and easy to make.
- All you need to do is to combine some sugar, fresh fruits (mangoes, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries) and hung curd into a food processor and blend well till it forms a smooth mixture.
- You can then allow this to set in the fridge for some time, and serve it as a dessert. Your toddler will absolutely love it.
[ Read: Food For Toddlers ]
4. Sandwiches and Chips:
It may sound surprising, but sandwiches and chips don’t need to be unhealthy.
- Use healthy ingredients for your sandwich- a spicy sauce with some boiled eggs, fresh lettuce and tomato slices (or any other raw vegetable that your toddler likes).
- Instead of using the usual potatoes for the chips, use sweet potatoes- they’re healthier.
- It’s a good idea to bake the chips instead of frying them- especially if your toddler has a tendency to put on weight.
5. Veggie Cakes:
If you’re looking for a good way to add more veggies to your toddler’s diet, this one may help.
- You need to add some grated veggies (carrots, cucumbers or beets) into the basic cake mixture.
- Bake them till they’re well cooked.
- This will not only get your toddler the much needed amount of fiber, but many nutrients too.
[ Read: Healthy Recipes For Kids ]
6. Cheesy Veggies:
Most toddlers practically love cheese, and what’s best is the fact that it’s healthy too! Whip up some quick cheesy veggies for a healthy evening snack for your toddler.
- Choose a cheese that is least processed.
- Prepare a cheese dip with some melted cheese and herbs, and set it aside.
- Cut some veggies (zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, etc.) into sticks, and dip them into the cheesy dip and munch away!
It is important to ensure that your toddler consumes healthy and nutritious foods. If you find your toddler insisting on some junk food, try and find ways to use a healthier alternative that tastes similar to it. Toddler stage is one of the budding years of development, where you need to educate your darling on health eating.
Make sure to offer all the nutrients by making these good choices. Feel free to share your snack ideas if any, through the comment section. We would love to see your responses.
- 15 Cute Lunch Boxes For Your Kids
- 10 Yummy Food Ideas Your Toddlers Will Love
- 10 Delicious Finger Foods For Your Kid’s Party
- Top 10 Meal Plans And Ideas For Toddlers
Latest posts by Shahida (see all)
- Top 10 Hanukkah Crafts And Activities For Kids - August 2, 2014
- 6 Best Precautions To Take During The First Trimester Of Pregnancy - July 14, 2014
- Is It Safe To Use A Mobile Phone During Pregnancy? - July 9, 2014