Name is the first and the ever-lasting gift that you can give your baby. While buying a gift, you put in your best efforts to present something that is unique and memorable. The same holds good with a name. You leave no stone unturned to choose the best name for her, a name that she can be proud of.
We, at Momjunction, will help you in your selection, with an exhaustive list of beautiful girl names with meanings. A few of these names are picked up from the US Social Security Administration list that is published every year. The others are some unique ones. The names have special meanings. Read through them before you decide a name for your beautiful little girl.
[ Read: Short Baby Girl Names ]
200 Pretty And Meaningful Baby Girl Names:
Baby Names That Mean ‘Beautiful’:
- Amara: Strong, attractive, stylish
- Arabella: Lovely, elegant.
- Abigail: A father’s joy, beautiful.
- Abha: Ray of beauty
- Atiqah: Beautiful, loving
- Bella: Beautiful
- Charvi: Beautiful
- Donatella: A beautiful gift
- Ellie: Shining light, or the most beautiful woman
- Hamilton: From the beautiful mountain
- Isa: Beautiful
- Jacintha: Beautiful
- Kaytlyn: Smart, beautiful young child
- Lucinda: Beautiful light
- Meadow: Beautiful field
- Nazneen: Charming
- Kaya: Appealing
- Rachel: Beautiful
- Reveka: Captivating
- Rosaleen: Beautiful, little rose
- Shayna: Beautiful
- Suchitra: Beautiful picture
- Tayten: Beautiful joy
- Vashti: Beautiful
- Zinnia: Beautiful
[ Read: Cute Baby Girl Names ]
Baby Girl Names In Sanskrit:
Names in Sanskrit language have thoughtful meanings. Naming of the child is the most fundamental Hindu “sanskar” or scripture-based norm. Here are a few beautiful baby girl names and meanings for you to choose.
- Abhaya: Fearless
- Akshita: Wonder girl
- Ambar: The sky
- Amrita: Spiritual holy water
- Avantika: Queen
- Dhara: Constant flow
- Divya: Divine
- Jyotsna: Radiant like flames
- Karishma: Miracle
- Mohini: Most beautiful
- Shreya: Beautiful, auspicious
- Swara: Self shining
- Vaidehi: Sita, wife of Lord Ram
Browse through some more Sanskrit baby names for girls.
Names For Your Baby Girl Meaning ‘Moonlight’:
These names are linked to Goddess Moon: suit best if you are a fan of mythology!
- Diana: Moon Goddess
- Celine: Moon
- Luna: Moon (in Spanish and Italian)
- Rishima: Moon beam
[ Read: Baby Names That Mean Moon]
Names Signifying ‘Happiness’:
Who doesn’t want their child to be happy always? So put that emotion in her name itself!
- Farrah: Happy
- Muskaan: Smile, happiness
Names Meaning ‘Successful’:
We all want our kids to grow up to be successful adults. Name your daughter after that and let her understand your intention.
- Naila: Successful
- Yashita: Successful
- Fawziya: Victorious
- Yashashree: The Goddess of success
- Victoria: The name of the British queen, meaning victory, still remains popular.
Names meaning ‘Flower’ For Your Little Girl:
Flowers have that special feminine touch about them, and are often associated with girls. Here are a few baby girl names meaning flower!
- Aboli: This is an uncommon Hindu name that means flower.
- Daisy: Many girls are named after these dainty white and yellow flowers.
- Ketki: This name is often spelt as Ketaki; the spelling differs on the basis of community.
- Kusum: This popular name means flower.
- Juhi: This flower belongs to the jasmine family. You can name your girl Juhi or Jasmine.
- Violet: This bluish purple flower is unique and beautiful. It is a favourite among many poets.
- Zahra: This is an Arabic name which means flower.
Baby Girl Names Meaning Romance:
If you are a romantic soul, then you would like your child to possess a name that depicts love. Here are some great options:
- Scarlett: This name means red, the colour of love and affection
- Amora: Spanish name for love
- Ai: Japanese name for love
- Cer: Welsh name meaning love
- Darlene: Dear or loved one
- Davina: Beloved
- Kalila: It means heap of love in Arabic
- Shirina: This is an American name meaning love song
- Yaretzi: An Aztec name that means ‘you will always be loved’
[ Read: Exotic Girl Names ]
Names Based On Mythology:
These names are enduring and beautiful. The meanings make them special.
- Penelope: This is a Greek name. Penelope was the wife of The Trojan War hero Ulysses, known for his wisdom.
- Althea: This name is found both in Greek mythology and pastoral poetry.
- Ariadne: A name found in Greek mythology which means ‘most holy’
- Aphrodite: The Greek Goddess of love.
- Cassandra or Kassandra: The daughter of king Priam of Troy who could predict the future.
- Chitrangada: Wife of Pandava prince Arjuna
- Hamsini: Goddess Saraswati
- Anagha: Goddess Lakshmi
A few more mythological names for your child
Names Based On Musical notes:
- Aarohi: A musical tone. This name has seen a rebirth recently.
- Alvapriya: Music lover
- Gunjan: Musical sound
- Isaiarasi: Queen of music
- Prati: One who appreciates and loves music
Baby Names After Famous Celebrities
Celebrity names are evergreen favorites. Keeping celebrity names for babies is a style statement! However, try to avoid names that are common like Lucy, Mary and Sarah.
- Aradhya: Regard
- Charlotte: Free man
- Elise: Oath of God
- Frankie: Free one
- Josie: God will add
- June: Young
- Ophelia: Help
- Paris: Gorgeous, glamorous
- Norah: Shining light
- Kate: Pure
Some Interesting Muslim Names For Your Baby Girl:
These names are not very common and are generally favoured by the Muslim community.
- Aa’eedah: Reward
- Aadila: Honest and equal
- Abeer or Abir: Fragrance
- Afaaf: Virtuous, pure and decent
- Aleema: Learned, wise
- Alia: Exalted, lofty and sublime
- Atiya: Gift, present
- Ahd: Knowledge
Browse through some more Muslim baby girl names
Some Beautiful Hindu Names For Girls:
These are some Hindu names that you can keep for your baby girl. They are simple yet meaningful.
- Akuti: Princess
- Adrika: Celestial
- Alisha: Protected by God
- Abha: Lustrous beauty
- Abhilasha: Ambition or desire
- Aashirya: From the land of God
- Aashi: Smile
- Amolika: Priceless
- Amodini: Joyful
- Anahita: Graceful
- Angarika: A flame coloured flower named palash.
- Anika: Goddess Durga
- Anura: Knowledgeable
- Dakshi: The glorious
- Elakshi: a woman with intelligent eyes
Here are some more Hindu names that suit your girl.
Some Classic Names That Remain Evergreen:
Though many call them ‘old fashioned’, classic names are here to stay.
- Hazel: refers to the hazel tree
- Cora: This name was a creation of author of ‘Last of The Mohicans’ James Fenimore Cooper. The character was brave, adorable and beautiful. You surely want these qualities in your child.
- Faye: Loyalty and belief
- Eleanor: Shining light or sun rays
- Della: Noble
- Clara or Claire: Famous and brilliant
- Amelia: Industrious, striving
- Anne: A Hebrew name meaning ‘favoured grace’
- Evelyn: This name has a Norman origin and is sourced from an English surname.
- Emma: There is rebirth of this name that was popular in 1880s. It means universal.
Names Based On Virtue:
Let your child know the importance of virtue right from the beginning. You may name one of these:
- Amity: Friendly
- Bina: Knowledge, understanding
- Faith: Trust, belief
- Mercy: Merciful
- Namya: Worthy of honor
- Omna: A virtuous woman
- Peace: Tranquil
- Priti: Love
- Trinity: Three in one
Browse through some more Virtue Baby Names
Edgy Girl Names:
The 21st century calls for modern and edgy names. Take a look at our favorite edgy baby girl names below.
- Athena: Goddess of wisdom
- Audrey: Noble strength
- Blythe: Happy
- Harlow: Army
- Harper: Harp player
- Ivy: A plant name
- Juniper: Tree name
- Layla: Night
- Lucille: Light
- Lux: Light
- Maisie: Pearl
- Monroe: Mouth of the Roe river
- Piper: Pipe player
- Primrose: First rose
- Stella: Star
- Tatum: Tate’s homestead
- Teagan: Little poet or pretty
- Tenley: Burnt clearing
- Tove: Thunder
- Willow: Willow tree
Whimsical Girl Names:
If you have a fondness for quirky and fun things, whimsical baby girl names would be perfect for you.
- Acacia: Thorny
- Avery: Elf wisdom
- Bambalina: Little girl
- Eilidh: Sun
- Lenora: Bright
- Lorelei: Alluring
- Maeby: Bitter or pearl
- Phoebe: Shining one
- Tabitha: Gazelle
- Tallulah: Running water
Spiritual Girl Names
Naming a child is no less than a spiritual practice. So how about picking a spiritual name for your daughter? Check out our picks below!
- Aisha: Lively
- Angela: Angel
- Angelique: Like an angel
- Assisi: Italian place-name
- Batya: Daughter of God
- Celestia: Heavenly
- Chava: Life
- Chinmayi: Spiritual joy
- Grace: Goodness, generosity
- Gwyneth: Blessed
- Helena: Light
- Khadija: Early Baby
- Lourdes: Reference to Mother Mary
- Magdalena: Gift of God
- Seraphina: Fiery-winged
Obscure Girl Names
If you want your daughter to stand out, pick an unusual and obscure name for her.
- Alouette: Lark
- Alexina: Defending men
- Belva: Beautiful view
- Caricia: Caress
- Fayette: Faith
- Galiana: Calm healer
- Jacinda: Hyacinth
- Kalilah: Beloved
- Leontine: Lion
- Meliora: Better
Barbie Girl Names
If you have a special corner for Barbie dolls in your heart, pick a name inspired by this doll line-up for your daughter.
- Barbie: Foreign woman
- Cara: Face
- Christie: A Christian
- Dana: From Denmark
- Diva: Goddess
- Francie: From France
- Jamie: Supplanter
- Jazzie: Jasmine
- Kelly: War
- Krissy: Follower of Christ
- Midge: Pearl
- Stacie: Resurrection
- Steffie: Garland
- Tracy: Of Thracia
- Whitney: White Island
Names Based On Genealogy:
You can repeat some names that are already popular in the family, which you think will be quite uncommon. Naming a baby after her grandmother was once in vogue. You may bring the practice back as the old name could now be unique after two generations. Genealogical names generally evoke a fond memory.
Try to keep a nice and simple beautiful name for baby girl that is easy to spell and pronounce. Nobody likes their name getting distorted, though this is a common problem faced by many! Names reflect a person’s religion, community, place of birth but not so much the personality. Since a baby hardly understands the meaning of her name, she grows up to learn it.
Always try to keep such a name that you feel your little girl will feel proud of once she starts to speak. Hope this article on beautiful baby girl names with meanings will help you choose the perfect name for your daughter. Happy naming!
- 100 Latest Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- 101 Sweet & Cute Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- 200 Most Popular Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- Top 100 Unique Baby Names With Meanings
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 65 Names That Mean Hunter Or Huntress For Your Fearless Baby - April 26, 2017
- 53 Ultimate Baby Names That Mean New Beginning And Rebirth - April 17, 2017
- 53 Exclusive Warlock, Wizard, And Witch Names For Your Baby - March 14, 2017