Once known as the land of Nawabs, Lucknow is a multicultural city that is rich in culture and heritage. This town not only boasts of several monuments but also of impressive educational institutes like the Indian Institute of Management.
And, if you’ve been hunting for a good school for your little one, well the hunt is over. Because we’ve just compiled a list of best schools in Lucknow city for your child. Read on to learn more.
15 Top Schools In Lucknow:
1. Seth M.R. Jaipuria School:
Founded in 1992, this co-educational school has three campuses in Lucknow. The school is affiliated to the ICSE Board and has a capacity of around 3500 students.
- It provides its students a wide range of several of subjects to select from. Its classroom teaching involves discussion with the students, PowerPoint presentations, and Smart Class Programme.
- It offers physical training, drill, athletics, gymnastics, boxing, and various other games for the all round development of students.
- The school offers three well furnished Computer Laboratories fully equipped with latest computers and accessories.
- The school has a dispensary with a qualified doctor and a trained nurse to tend to any medical emergency of the children.
- The half Olympic size and toddler pool are well-equipped with showers and changing rooms. Swimming classes are held by professional trainers.
Vineet Khand, Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow – 226010, U.P., India
[ Read: Best Schools In India ]
2. Cathedral School:
Established by the Catholic Diocese of Lucknow, this school is an unaided institution that imparts education to students in a healthy atmosphere. It aims at providing all-round development for students and nurturing them to become worthy citizens of the country.
- It is affiliated to the CBSE and its medium of instruction is English.
- It conducts separate religious courses for Catholic students and value education sessions for non-Catholics.
- The school has implemented CCE system for better evaluation of students. It has also started EduCom Smart Classes for its primary section students.
- The school boasts of spacious ventilated class rooms creating a healthy environment for students.
- Its library is well-stocked with books and its laboratories hold latest technology equipment.
Hazratganj Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh,
India. PIN – 226001
3. St Francis School:
St Francis School was founded in 1885 and was named after its patron saint, St. Francis of Assisi. It is an only boys school. It encourages education development, and excellence in sports and other activities.
- Co-curricular activities such as debates, dramatics, music, art, productive works, electronics, food craft, are given equal importance.
- The school has Air Wing of the NCC.
- It organizes excursions, picnics, and various projects throughout the year.
- The school’s swimming pool has a trained coach and a lifeguard. Every student has to compulsorily learn swimming.
- It has a large ground for a student to play sports such as hockey, football, and cricket. It also has basketball and volleyball courts.
Shahnajaf Rd, Hazratganj, Lucknow,
Uttar Pradesh 226001
4. City Montessori School:
Established by Mr. Jagdish Gandhi and his wife Mrs. Bharti Gandhi in 1959, this school was named as the largest school by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2010-11. City Montessori School recorded a student enrollment of around 52,000 pupils in 2016. The school was given the first position by the Education World magazine in September 2015 edition for academic excellence.
- The school follows ICSE curriculum.
- It admits both boys and girls and offers education till degree level.
- The school organizes the International Youth Festival every year inviting participants from all over the world.
- The school has a well-stocked library with latest books.
- It also has state of the art laboratories equipped with all the necessary scientific tools.
- Toddlers have a separate splash pool and a well-maintained swimming pool for kids of higher classes.
12 Station Road, Lucknow
5. La Martiniere School:
Recognized as one of the most prestigious schools in India, La Martiniere School was founded in 1845 in accordance to the Will of Major General Claude Martin. It has two separate campuses for girls and boys. The school is known for producing soldiers, sailors, and airmen who have in the two wars and in the wars of Independent India.
- Its medium of instruction is English and is affiliated to the CISCE, ICSE, and ISC.
- The school has several in-house clubs that promotes co-curricular student activities. These clubs and societies elect their President and Secretary from amongst themselves.
- It offers accommodation for its resident scholars and resident Staff.
- The school promotes games like golf, basketball, and badminton.
- Its library has a highly ornamented ceiling that was created in accordance with original Wedgewood designs.
- The canteen is fully air-conditioned.
La Martiniere College,
Lucknow – 226001 Uttar Pradesh, India
[ Read: Best Schools In Kanpur ]
6. Sainik School:
Established in 1960, Sainik School offers military-oriented training to its students with the aim of developing future defense cadets ready to serve the nation. In over 26 years of its existence, the school has sent 299 cadets to the NDA. The government of Uttar Pradesh offers subsidy on fees for its students.
- The school only admits boys and follows the CBSE curriculum.
- It medium of instruction is English.
- Games and physical training is compulsory for every pupil.
- It provides accommodation facilities to its staff on the school campus.
- The school ground is used to play games such as hockey, cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, and horse riding.
- It has science laboratories, a separate music and art room, and a spacious library.
N.H- 25, Kanpur Road, Sarojini Nagar,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226008
7. Seth Anandram Jaipuria School:
Seth Anandram Jaipuria School was established in the year 1974 in Kanpur and has now extended its branch to Lucknow. Its academic year shall commence from April 2016.
- The school has designed a comprehensive set of co-curricular activities with the aim of providing holistic development of a child.
- The school boasts of being well-equipped with computer labs, smart classes and so on.
Seth Anandram Jaipuria School,
Sector-D, Pocket-3, Sushant Golf City,
Shaheed path, Lucknow-226002
8. Loreto Convent School:
Loreto Convent School Lucknow was founded by the Loreto Nuns (Sisters of the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary) in 1872. The main institute was established in 1616 by Mary Ward with the primary aim of imparting education to girls. The school offers its students moral education along with intellectual, emotional, and spiritual development.
- The school admits only girl students.
- It is affiliated to the CISCE.
- Its education program is designed to enable the growth of social consciousness in each girl.
- The school has three science labs and a computer lab.
- The in-house chapel can be visited by students of any faith.
- There is a park with swings and slides for primary kids.
99, Mahatma Gandhi Marg,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
9. City International School:
Established in 20017, City International School’s mission is to ‘inspire every student to become both good and smart, a gift of god to mankind and a pride of the human race.’ It is Lucknow’s first international school.
- It is affiliated with the CBSE. English is its medium of instruction.
- It organizes field trips to help the students gain first information on several topics.
- The school runs DEVI School providing education to pupils belonging to those who are not economically privileged.
- It holds special classes on Saturdays for students who want to pursue subjects and sports apart from that compulsory in the curriculum.
- The school has its own gymnasium and swimming pool.
- It has dance rooms and music rooms.
Manas Enclave, Off Picnic Spot Road,
Munshi Pulia, Indira Nagar, Lucknow,
Uttar Pradesh 226016
[ Read: Best Schools In Noida ]
10. Rani Laxmi Bai School:
Rani Laxmi Bai School has around 10 branches across Lucknow. It was founded by Jaipal Singh in 1979. The school gives equal importance to education as well as sports and other extra-curricular activities.
- 6 of its branches follow the CBSE curriculum while 2 branches are affiliated to the UP board and the others are recognized by the UP government.
- It holds special classes for students struggling with studies.
- Professional guidance is provided by the department of inspection.
- The library boasts of holding around 50,000 books. It also has newspapers, magazines, and journals.
- It has two fully air-conditioned computer labs.
- Science labs are spacious and well-equipped.
C-Block, Indira Nagar, Lucknow
11. Vibgyor School:
Vibgyor School works by the motto ‘Enthuse, Enlighten and Empower’. The school believes that these are the three strong pillars that define its commitment towards growth and focus. It helps its students grow intellectually, artistically, athletically and morally.
- It is affiliated with the CBSE.
- It has a teacher/student ratio of 1:10, which enables teachers to give special attention to students.
- Its science labs are equipped with the best scientific equipment.
- It has a SPA speech & drama room.
- There are two separate swimming pools meant for primary and secondary students.
- There is a sick bay meant to tend to medical emergencies of students.
Viram Khand-2, Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010
12. Hal School:
Hal School was started in 1974 in Lucknow. It promotes all round development of students by organizing regular workshops, counseling and guidance sessions.
- English is its medium of instruction and provides co-education.
- It follows the CBSE curriculum.
- It supports creative activities and holds competition such as mehndi competition and also holds ice cream parties for kids.
- It has a wide playground for children to indulge in outdoor games.
- Address: HAL, Faizabad Road, Lucknow – 226201 Uttar Pradesh
Phone: +91-9919109207, +91-9415459459, +91-9415793634
13. Army School:
Army Public School was started with the only aim of providing education to the kids of army personnel.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE.
- The school follows the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation system from classes I to X.
- Value Based Integrated Learning has been introduced for students classes I to V.
- The school website maintains records of the latest books added to the library.
- It promotes games like kho-kho, kabaddi, table tennis, hockey, football, and cricket.
- NCC is held in school for both boys and girls.
S.P. Marg, Near Topkhana Bazar,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
[ Read: Schools In Greater Noida ]
14. St Paul’s College:
St. Paul’s School was started in 1957 and has around 2100 students on its roll. The school is managed by the Society of Catholic Diocese of Lucknow.
- It is affiliated to ICSE.
- It admits both girls and boys.
- It offers a variety of subjects to its students including Sanskrit, Socially Useful & Productive Work, and Computer Science.
- The school boasts of having well-ventilated and spacious classrooms.
- It has a huge auditorium and the school compound is surrounded by plenty of trees.
10 Subhash Marg P. O. Dilkusha,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226002
15. Red Rose School:
This school in Lucknow is run by Nav Chetna Kendra Society and was founded by R.C. Mishra and Shashi Mishra.
- It is affiliated to the CBSE.
- It admits both girls and boys.
- Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities such as debates, quiz contests and so on.
- Classrooms are large and well-ventilated.
- There is a separate activity room for kids.
- The school provides a smart class to conduct PPT and other video presentations.
C-Block, Rajajipuram, Lucknow
We hope the list helped you short list some schools for your kid. What is your experience of schooling in Lucknow? Tell us here.
- 10 Top Schools In Patna
- 15 Best Schools In Dehradun
- 10 Top Schools In Ghaziabad
- 25 Best Schools In Ahmedabad
Latest posts by Ratika (see all)
- 14 Tasty And Interesting Finger Foods Ideas For Baby Shower - December 19, 2016
- Post Adoption Depression: 10 Reasons Why You Are Not Happy - December 7, 2016
- 10 Agonizing Signs Of An Emotionally Unavailable Husband - October 24, 2016