Are you thinking of introducing chicken to your baby’s diet? Chicken is the most popular poultry in the world and is loved by all. But is it a good idea to your favorite meat to your little one’s meal plans? Give this post a read to find out.
According to popular belief, you should introduce chicken or any other type of meat only after adding vegetables and fruits to your baby’s diet. However, a recent study reveals that there are many advantages of introducing chicken to babies early on. In fact, you can add the goodness of chicken to your baby’s food safely as soon as he turns eight months old! Always make sure that recipes you choose are chicken recipes for babies and should be prepared according to the taste of a toddler.
Benefits Of Chicken:
Chicken is an excellent source of nutrients like protein, niacin, and phosphorus.
Niacin and Phosphorus help release convert fats and carbohydrates into energy. Protein, on the other hand, releases energy during the process of metabolism. Chicken also contains less saturated fat as compared to other meat.
[ Read: What Age Can Babies Eat Meat ]
Selection And Storage:
When introducing your baby to chicken, make sure you select the breast pieces. It is the leanest and healthiest part of the bird. It is also juicy due to the high fat content. Organic chicken is best for preparing baby food recipe. Organic chickens are healthier as they grow up naturally without shots of antibiotics or hormones. Organic chickens also have better flavor than regular poultry. Do not serve barbecued or grilled chicken to your baby as it may contain carcinogenic compounds. Wrap the chicken well before placing it in the freezer. Thaw the chicken in the refrigerator and not at room temperature. You can store baby food that contains chicken in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Parents often dread food poisoning while serving chicken to their kids. It is quite a valid concern. Improper handling and storage of chicken can lead to food poisoning, primarily because of the presence of bacteria Campylobacter(1) and Salmonella(2)in the intestines of the bird.
While purchasing a whole chicken, make sure it is plump, not scrawny. Some non-organic chicken look excessively plump and may indicate the administration of drugs to achieve an unnatural growth. Do not purchase chicken that has spots on its skin. The skin of the chicken should be opaque.
[ Read: Fish For Babies ]
Introducing Chicken To Your Baby:
Chicken is a versatile food, and so you can cook it in various ways. One of the best ways to introduce chicken to the baby is in the form of chicken soup. It is hearty, nutritious, and easy to prepare.Here are three chicken soup recipes that will appeal to your little one’s palate.
[ Read: How To Introduce Solid Food To Babies ]
We list out three Chicken Recipes for Babies:
1. Chicken Clear Soup:
For this chicken soup recipe for baby you will need:
- 2 pieces of Chicken
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 Tsp Butter
How To Make:
- Wash and clean the chicken and keep it aside.
- Melt butter in a pressure cooker then add onions and sauté until it turns translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and let it cook for five minutes.
- Then add water and pressure cook for fifteen minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Shred the chicken and churn it in a blender with the broth.
- Sieve the contents to make a clear soup.
- Season with salt and serve.
2. Chicken And Basil Soup:
You Will Need:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Thyme (powder)
- 1/4 Tsp Basil (powder)
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper (powder)
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic (powder)
- 4 cups of water
How To Make:
- Add all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for an hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Once the mix cools down, add it to a blender and puree it to make a thick soup.
The Chicken recipes for baby which you choose should include mild flavors.
[ Read: Can Babies Eat Spicy Food ]
3. Chicken And Vegetable Soup:
For this chicken recipe for baby you will need:
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1carrot (chopped)
- A stick of celery
- 2 Tbsp garlic (chopped)
- ½ a cup of green cabbage (chopped)
- 1 chicken breast
How To Make:
- Wash the chicken and cut it into four pieces.
- Add all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook for half an hour on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, strain the soup and serve.
You can feel free to modify the recipes according to the taste and preferences of your child.
Now you know how to make a variety of healthy and yummy chicken soups which can act as delicious chicken recipe for babies . So, why wait? Go ahead and pamper your baby’s tiny taste buds without compromising on his nutritional intake.
Do you know any other chicken soup recipes that you baby drools over? Please share your chicken baby food recipes here with other mothers.
- 10 Brown Rice Recipes For Your Baby
- 3 Quick & Delicious Sago Recipes For Your Baby
- 3 Quick And Easy Spinach Recipes For Your Baby
- 5 Quick And Easy Zucchini Recipes For Babies
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 133 Most Popular Uzbek Baby Names For Girls And Boys - June 2, 2017
- 85 Untapped Hmong Baby Names Perfect For Girls And Boys - May 29, 2017
- 200 Cheerful Afrikaans Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 25, 2017