Are you a lactating mom? Are you wondering whether it is safe to consume coconut water during lactation? If you nodded along to these questions, consider reading the post.
Coconut water enhances milk secretion and has many benefits for you and your little one. Coconut water is good for lactating as well as expecting mommies. Here we talk about the amazing health benefits of coconut water while breastfeeding.
Nutritional Benefits Of Coconut Water:
Coconut water is rich in essential nutrients including, Lauric acid and dietary fiber, which prevent diseases and boost immunity. It is extremely low in calories and contains easily digestible carbohydrates. (1)
One ounce of coconut water contains the following nutrients:
- Calories- 5.45
- Digestible sugar- 1.3 grams
- Potassium- 61 mg
- Sodium- 5.45 mg
Coconut contains many nutrients, like:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
[ Read: Dehydration While Breastfeeding ]
Coconut Water For Lactating Moms:
If you are wondering is coconut water good for breastfeeding, wonder no more. Yes! It is safe to consume! What’s more, it has many health benefits, which make it a necessary drink for lactating moms. Here we look at some of the main benefits.
- Promotes breast milk secretion.
- Consuming coconut water during breastfeeding increases Capric acid and Lauric acid levels in the breast milk, which boosts your baby’s immunity.
- Coconut water promotes proper bone and brain development in your little one.
- Coconut water is an ideal rehydrating drink, which maintains the electrolyte balance of the body.
- The anti-fungal and anti-bacterial property of coconut water protects your newborn baby from various harmful infections.
- Drinking coconut water is a safer and healthier option than having caffeinated drinks like tea or coffee. (2)
[ Read: Best Fruits To Eat While Breastfeeding ]
Health Benefits Of Coconut Water While Breastfeeding:
Coconut water has many health benefits. Here we list some of them:
1. Boosts Hydration:
During breastfeeding, you need to keep your body well-hydrated. Coconut milk enhances milk secretion by providing the body with essential nutrients like potassium, natural sugar, and sodium. (3)
2. Boosts Immune System:
Coconut water is full of electrolytes and essential amino acids, which acts as an antioxidant for the body and thus boosts the immune system. Coconut water also boosts lauric acid in your breast milk, which boosts your baby’s immunity and keeps him safe from infections.
3. Maintains Blood Pressure:
Coconut water is full of electrolytes, which help maintain your blood pressure levels when you are lactating. (4)
4. Promotes Digestion:
As a lactating mom, you may suffer from constipation or indigestion quite often. You can curb these outbursts by consuming ripe coconut water. It helps eliminate indigestion effectively.
[ Read: Is Green Tea Safe While Breastfeeding ]
Coconut Water And Breastfeeding – A Word Of Caution:
Including coconut water in your daily diet has many positive health benefits for you and your baby. But there are few things, which you should remain aware of, including:
- Always drink coconut water from fresh and green coconuts. Fresh coconut enhances the intake of vital nutrients in the body.
Coconut water has many health benefits and as a lactating mom, you need to include it in your diet at once. Not only will you feel energetic and well-hydrated, but your baby’s health improves as well.
Breastfeeding is a special time in your life. However, it is tiring, and you need to keep your strengths up. Include some coconut water in your diet and make nursing sessions a fun bonding time for you and your little angel.
We hope you found the information useful. Did you consume coconut water during lactation? How was your experience? Tell us about it below. Share your experiences with other mommies here!
- Is It Safe To Drink Apple Juice While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Drink Coconut Water While Breastfeeding?
- 8 Serious Side Effects Of Energy Drinks On Breastfeeding Mom
- 9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon Water During Breastfeeding
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017
- Diet Plans For Overweight Pregnant Women - Everything You Need To Know - June 30, 2017