Are you a new mom who constantly complains of the lack of time to exercise? Are you concerned about the weight gain and deteriorating fitness levels? If you answered yes to the above questions, help is here for you!
Endless maternal chores can make new mothers put their fitness regimen on the back burner. But do you know you can add a fun twist to your regular workout to shed the flab and bond with your baby at the same time? Exercise with baby can be fun.Read on to know about these very simple and practical exercises that you can do with your little one!
Who said you cannot exercise now that you are a mother? Check out these fun exercise with baby:
1. Rock N Roll With Your Baby:
- Sit down and bend your knees. Flex your feet under any heavy furniture.
- Place your baby comfortably on your lap. Your baby should be facing you. Make sure his head and back rest against your thighs.
- Bend back a little until you feel the abdomen tighten. Hold the position for ten seconds.
- Slowly come back to the original position. Repeat.
[ Read: Benefits Of Postnatal Exercises ]
2. Sit Down And Up:
- Hold your baby in your arms. Let your baby’s head and back rest on your chest and abdomen.
- Stand near a wall. Your back should touch the wall, and your heels should be 12 inches away from it.
- Bend your knees very slowly, as if you are about to sit down on a chair. Do this by using the wall for support.
- Hold the position for about ten seconds. Slowly stand up and repeat.
[ Read : Post Pregnancy Tummy Exercises ]
3. Multitasking Mommy:
- Lie down on your left side and support your upper body with your forearm. Place your elbows under your shoulders.
- Put your right leg on top of the left and your right arm straight over your hip. Place your weight on the left arm and shoulders.
- Lift your hips to come into a side plank position. Hold the position and extend your right arm over your head.
[ Read: Kegel Exercises After Childbirth ]
4. Stitch Up:
- Let your baby lie on a mat. Bend down over him with your knees and palms touching the ground. Your head and back should be in a straight line.
- Push your back upward. Pull in your abdomen. Lower your chin and look at your baby. Hold the position for five seconds.
- Look up and hold the position for five seconds. Repeat.
5. Sway Left And Right:
- Place your baby safely on a mat on his back. Stand over your baby with your feet on either side of him.
- Put your hands on your hip. Bend forward very slowly and keep your back flat. Now stretch towards the left without moving your entire body. Return to original position.
- Now stretch towards the right side. Return to original position.
- Repeat this five times.
6. Baby Rhyme Plank:
- Place your baby safely on a mat. Let him lie down on his back. Bend down on the mat on your knees and elbows.
- Lower your forearms on the floor. Your shoulders should be directly in line with your elbows.
- Push back your knees about 12 inches. Keep your back flat. Contract your abs.
- Hold this position and sing a nursery rhyme for your baby. Return to the original position and repeat.
7. Baby Stretch:
- Let your baby lie on his back. Stand over your baby with your feet on his either side.
- Put your hands on your hip. Bend forward very slowly and keep your back flat. Now bend down to tickle your baby’s feet and count till ten.
- Rise slowly to come back to the original position. Repeat this five times.
8. Straddle And Stretch:
- Sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you. Make your baby lie comfortably on your legs.
- Reach out towards your baby. Stretch your back and your hamstring.
9. Baby Lunge:
- Place your baby comfortably in front of you. Sit down with your legs on your side, forming a ‘V.’
- Stretch your legs on both sides as much as you can. Bend towards your baby.
10. Baby Bench Squats:
- Hold your baby securely in your arms. Bend your knees to make a 90-degree angle. Pull in your abs tightly.
- Squat down on a bench and sit slowly. Pull in your belly tightly. Push your heels and stand up.
You can easily do these ten exercises with baby daily. Make sure your baby is comfortable while you workout.
Do try these fun exercises to do with baby and let us know how it helped you! Please leave a comment below.
- Top 10 Exercises To Reduce Tummy Fat Post Pregnancy
- Top 10 Exercises For Normal Delivery
- 8 Simple Steps To Do Butterfly Exercise During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017