The teen years can be a confusing stage, especially when it comes to individual style and fashion. Instead of trying to always fit in with the peer group, as most teens do, it’s also about being an individual and making your own mark. If you have a teen girl at home, you’ve probably already seen her fretting over what to wear and how to style her look.
As a mom, here’s your chance to update your girl with some interesting and very ‘it’ fashion styles that are all the rage right now. Check out some fun and fresh fashion tips for teens that they love to try out.
Fashion Tips Your Teen Girl Will Love Trying:
Here is a list of fashion ideas for teens that will let your teen girl find her own style and be comfortable with it:
1. Colorful Layering:
- Layering is one fashion trend that is always in rage, and goes perfect for all age groups.
- Help your teen try out all her colorful clothes at once, without them looking too in your face.
- Ask your teen to wear a colorful vest and style it with a colorful shirt or jacket on the top.
- Let her pair it with plain denims and sneakers, and a colorful cross body bag.
[ Read: Fashion Clothing styles For Teens ]
2. Striped Simple Crop Top:
- Crop tops have come back with a bang and lots of teens as well as adults are wearing it all the time.
- Your teen can wear a cute striped crop top in neutral tones, such as a black and white striped one, and pair it with a simple pair of denims.
- To keep the focus on the top, ask her to keep the accessories or makeup to a bare minimum.
3. Winter Color Match:
- Your teen can use some bright colors in her winter wardrobe to make sure the look is structured, yet vibrant.
- Ask her to pair any two items in her outfit in a color of choice, such as a bright teal woolen cap with a bright teal woolen scarf.
- Make sure she keeps the rest of the outfit is in neutral or light tones, so that the focus remains on the color coordinated ones. A plain white tee or shirt with a basic pair of denims will go great. This is one of the best fashion tips for teenage girls.
4. The Basic Vest:
- The basic vest is one fashion accessory that should be a must-have in your teen’s wardrobe.
- A basic vest in the shade of white will always help her coordinate her other clothes around it.
- Let your teen try out a white vest with a blue pair of denims and simple or bright tie-on sneakers.
- She can also use a number of accessories on her hand to create the layered effect.
- The best part about this look is that your teen can always add another layer on top, by using a scarf, a shirt, a tee or even a jacket.
[ Read: Makeup Tips For Teens ]
5. Classic Blue Denim Jacket:
- Make sure your teen has a classic denim jacket in her wardrobe in the shade blue, as it is one fashion accessory everyone should have.
- She can either go for a more form fitted one jacket or one that is a little big for her size, as both will look great when paired up with other clothes.
- Your teen can wear the jacket over a dress, over a regular skirt and top, over a vest and denim combo, over formal attire, or even as a buttoned-up jacket with a black pair of denims.
6. Shorts And Stockings:
- Teens love wearing shorts, and it is one fashion item that your girl can always use to make a stunning style statement.
- Help your teen dress up a simple pair of blue denim shorts by wearing a netted stocking underneath.
- She can team it up with a white crop top and a colorful pair of tie-on sneakers.
- To give the whole look that much more edge, ask her to add a cap and aviators. This is the best teen fashion tips.
7. Vibrant Pair Of Glasses:
- Big and chunky frames of glasses have come back to make a major style statement, both for teens and adults alike.
- The best part about using glasses as a fashion accessory is that your teen can choose the type of look she wants to create.
- You can help your teen choose a pair of glasses that are either same in color or have multiple colors in them. Also, ask her to choose colors that are more vibrant instead of dull, as they will help to brighten up a plain look.
- Your teen can use the glasses with her formal wear as well as easy and fun casual wears.
8. Arm Candies:
- Styling your arm with the right type of accessories is a big fashion statement, one where your teen girl can actually mix and match her different bangles and bracelets.
- From chunky bracelets and bangles to the more dainty and feminine ones, your teen can go for a super stylish layering effect to add character to a regular and plain outfit.
- Let your teen decide what type of look she wants to wear for that particular day. She can take a pick from leather bands, braided bracelets, chunky jeweled bangles, wooden bangles, beaded bracelets, charm bracelets, wristlets, shell bracelets and many many more.
- Make sure that if she wants the highlight to be around her arm, she needs to keep the other accessories to a minimum or not wear any.
[ Read: Stylish Hairstyles For Teenage Girls ]
9. Pretty In Boots:
- Let your teen girl have a gala time dressing up her outfits by choosing some cute and fashionable boots to go with them.
- These days, boots are available in a variety of colors and styles, not just the blacks and browns of earlier times.
- Ask your teen to pick two pairs in her favorite colors. She can wear them with outfits that she wants to color coordinate with her boots. Alternatively, she can use them to add some spunk to plain and neutral colored outfits.
10. A Girly Dress:
- Make sure your teen has at least one girly dress in her wardrobe.
- Floral patterns, pink or lavender hues and frills or laces will work best.
- She can wear her dress as it is, or dress it up with jackets, stockings, leggings and more.
As a mom, let your teen girl explore and enjoy the world of fashion, even as you guide her through some interesting ideas that will help her create her own individual fashion identity.
What are those three fashion essentials that you feel your teen girl should have in her wardrobe? Do share about it here.
- 14 Cute & Effortless Short Hairstyles For Teenage Girls
- Top 10 Updo Hairstyles For Your Teenager
- 5 Simple Makeup Hacks For Teenage Girls
- 8 Remedies To Prevent & Treat Hair Loss In Teenage Girls
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017