Have you been trying to start a family? Is the problem of infertility in the way? Has your partner been diagnosed with some form of infertility? Are you looking for treatment options for him?
If your partner is suffering from fertility issues, you might want him to include certain fertility enhancing foods in his diet. What are these foods? Well, read this post and learn all about fertility boosting foods for men. Read our recommendations on some foods that boost male fertility below and take a call.
Foods To Increase Fertility In Men:
Yes, it is true that when you are pregnant, everything that you eat or drink has a direct impact on your baby. However, it is also true that what you eat or drink when you are trying to conceive, also impacts how soon you get pregnant. There is a mix of foods that you should avoid when you are trying to get pregnant, and the same applies to your male partner too. Here are some best fertility foods for men that will help:
Oysters are aphrodisiacs, and can add some major boost to your man’s fertility.
- Oysters have a high zinc content, which helps increase his sperm production. Oysters also increase testosterone, both of which are extremely important to help create a pregnancy.
- It is important to remember that eating a high amount of zinc can have a negative effect. The ideal amount of zinc that your male partner should have on a daily basis is about 15 mg per day, which will be found in a 2 oz. serving of oysters.
2. Fruits And Vegetables:
Fresh fruits and vegetables contain a decent amount of antioxidants that are good for the overall health of the sperm.
- Including antioxidants in the regular diet will protect the sperm against any cellular damage and also help to keep them strong. It will help the sperm move towards the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
- Vitamin A in vegetables such as leafy greens, carrots and red peppers and fruits such as apricots. The vitamin helps prevent any sluggishness in the sperm.
- Vitamin C is found in tomatoes, broccoli, orange juice and even grapefruit. It will help to protect the viability of the sperm.
- Vitamin E is found in various vegetable oils. It will help to keep the sperm vital.
- Folic acid is a B vitamin that has strong antioxidant properties. It is available in fresh leafy greens, beans, and most types of fruits. It will help protect the sperm against any chromosomal abnormalities.
- One super powerful vegetable that is a powerhouse of fertility-enhancing ingredients is the sweet potato. It is loaded with vitamins A, C, E as well as folate.
[ Read: Effects Of Smoking On Fertility ]
3. Pumpkin Seeds:
Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc and will help to increase the production of sperm.
- The zinc content found in pumpkin seeds will help to increase sperm count as well as increase testosterone levels.
- Pumpkin seeds are also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that will help to stimulate blood flow to the sexual organs of your partner. It will improve your partner’s sexual performance that will help you both connect better and try for a pregnancy.
- Apart from pumpkin seeds, your partner can also try having fatty fish like sardines and salmon as well as almonds and flax seeds to get a boost of omega-3.
4. Pomegranate Juice:
Pomegranate juice is considered one of the best foods to increase fertility in men. Pomegranate is loaded with antioxidants that will protect the sperm from any cellular damage.
- Antioxidants will also help make your partner’s sperm stronger and help them move successfully towards your fallopian tubes, where they can fertilize the egg.
- Pomegranate juice, with its immense amount of antioxidants, can also boost the sperm count as well as quality, leading to a higher chance of pregnancy.
[ Read: Effects Of Caffeine On Fertility In Men ]
Nuts are full of zinc and vitamin E.
- Including zinc in your male partner’s regular diet will help to improve the quality of the sperm. If your partner is also eating other sources of zinc, for example, oysters, it is important to follow a basic check to ensure there is no overdose of zinc.
- Vitamin E in nuts helps improve your partner’s sperm vitality.
- Your partner can have a handful of unsalted nuts each day to make use of the benefits it has in increasing and improving fertility.
If your partner is a meat eater, you can encourage him to eat red meats and turkey, both of which are rich sources of zinc.
- Even though both turkey and red meat contain zinc, the content is not as high as in oysters. It will make it easier for your partner to eat a good amount of red meat and turkey while ensuring that there is no overdose of zinc.
- It is always a good idea to eat fresh turkey instead of processed ones. The processed, and ready-to-eat variety will contain high amounts of salt as well as other preservatives, none of which is good for your partner’s overall health as well as for the health of the sperm.
- Red meat also contains a high amount of saturated fat, so it is advisable to have just one serving of lean cut meat in a week.
[ Read: Fertility Drugs For Men ]
Eggs are rich in two ingredients that are considered good for the health of the sperm.
- Vitamin B12 in eggs and the selenium content will improve the quality as well as the count of the sperm in your partner.
- If your partner does not want to have eggs for breakfast, just boil some eggs the night before and ask him to eat it sometime in the day.
Broccoli is good for both males and females who are trying to get pregnant.
- It contains folic acid that can help to improve sperm count.
- Add it to your partner’s salads or include as a side dish if your partner is not especially fond of it.
[ Read: Yoga For Fertility ]
Planning what you eat can be a big help when you are trying to get pregnant, and it is important for both partners to eat healthily. Include these foods that boost fertility in men we list above and carry on getting cozy.
Did you or your partner eat any of these while you were planning conception, or do you have some more foods to boost male fertility to add to our list here? Do tell us below.
- How Does Diabetes Affect Your Fertility?
- 10 Effective Ways To Boost Male Fertility
- 7 Effective Ayurvedic Treatments To Cure Infertility
- Does Green Tea Help Boost Chances Of Getting Pregnant?
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017