While you become an expectant mom, your body undergoes numerous changes owing to the variations in hormones. As a result, you may experience back ache, inflammation and pain in feet.
Hair and foot spa is an excellent way to relieve the aches off your swollen feet, take care of hair fall issues and feel rejuvenated with a head massage with aromatic oils. But are they safe? Let’s check out.
Why Visit A Foot and Hair Spa During Pregnancy?
When you are in your first trimester of pregnancy occasional visits to the spa would help you through the transition phase your second and third trimesters. This would aid you to stay relaxed, cope up with challenges and enjoy the stage of expecting your baby. Generally foot and hair spa during pregnancy can de-stress you and make you feel beautiful at the same time!
Foot Spa When Pregnant:
When you are pregnant, your feet will begin to ache and swell as you advance towards your final trimester. This is mainly because you tend to gain weight during each month of pregnancy. A foot spa is highly helpful because:
- It will help your feet feel relaxed and calm.
- It offers enough attention to your feet, which you tend to neglect when you are pregnant.
- The foot spa treatment is designed to offer immense relief to your sore feet.
- The foot spa treatment comprises of soaking scrubbing the feet and moisturizing which makes the skin soft and free from dirt.
Hair Spa When Pregnant:
You might be really tired during the second and third trimesters, when you may not feel like before to take good care of your hair. This which would lead to hair related issues like dandruff, lackluster hair, etc. Hair spa treatments are highly beneficial for you as:
- Hair spa would help you feel stress free with a relaxing head massage.
- The spa treatments available for treating hair issues dandruff would make your tresses look shiny and healthy.
- Your hair stylist would recommend a new hair style to suit your appearance during pregnancy, which would make you feel much confident.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Hair And Foot Spa Treatments During Pregnancy:
It’s true that you will have a radiant glow whilst you are pregnant. However, it is good for you to be pampered at a spa, as it would help you relax and unwind. When you are visiting the hair and foot spa during pregnancy, you have to remember a few important points.
- Make sure that you avail the services a reputed spa. Ask about the way the services are performed by the spa professional.
- Before you go to the spa, seek the advice of your doctor before opting for certain spa treatments.
- When you wish to highlight your mane, make sure that you choose ammonia free ones or natural ones with vegetable dyes.
- Remember all aromatic oils are not beneficial for you when you are pregnant. Go for jasmine, chamomile, and spearmint to get good relief from stress and relax your stresses.
- Never ask the professional to cut short the services for lack of time as the main purpose of availing spa service is to relax.
- Stay away from a new spa in your locality as it might not offer good services. Only go to tried and tested ones.
- Do not choose chemical-based dyes for coloring your hair.
- Ask your spa professional to refrain from reflexology while massaging your feet. Reflexology is not recommended for pregnant women.
Pregnancy is the right time to enjoy pampering. Make sure you find a spa that is located within your locality to avoid too much strain while travelling. And if you join with a friend or a favorite family member, the visit will give you doubt the fun. Happy pampering!
Do share your pampering session experiences during your nine months with us in the comment section below.
- 11 Precautions To Take Care While Doing A Manicure During Pregnancy
- 6 Risks & 3 Precautions While Getting A Tattoo During Pregnancy
- 6 Effective Benefits Of Acupuncture During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Use Acrylic Nails During Pregnancy?
Latest posts by Dhivya (see all)
- 10 Must Know Internet Safety Tips For Kids And Teens - March 21, 2017
- How To Choose The Best Baby Formula For Your Little Ones? - December 26, 2014
- 4 Effective Tips To Deal With Your Whiny Child - November 12, 2014