Do you get overwhelmed by the eating advice you get during pregnancy? If the answer is yes, it is time to take an informed decision yourself. Eating right is crucial to ensure a healthy pregnancy for you and your unborn child.
This is the time when you should stay away from the junk and include only healthy foods. Pistachios are highly nutritious and supply you with essential nutrients during this time. However, like any other foods, you must also weigh the pros and cons of consuming pista during pregnancy.
Nutritive Count In Pistas:
Of course there are many benefits of pista, and here is a quick look at the same.
One ounce of pista contains:
- 160 calories
- 6 grams of protein
- 2.8 grams of fiber
- 12.71 grams total fat
A single serving supplies all iron, folate, calcium and potassium that a healthy and growing baby needs.
[ Read: Walnut During Pregnancy ]
Health Benefits Of Eating Pista During Pregnancy:
Here are the many ways you can benefit from taking pistachios during pregnancy:
- The nuts are a rich source of protein that is a vital nutrient during pregnancy. Protein helps in development of muscles and tissues in your unborn child.
- Pistas contain monounsaturated fatty acids that can lower the bad cholesterol levels and increase the good cholesterol levels in blood. This helps in maintaining the lipid levels during your pregnancy.
- Pistas are rich source of antioxidants like polyphenolic compounds, E vitamin and carotenes that boosts up your immunity levels.
- Pistas contain copper that helps in synthesis of red blood cells in pregnancy.
- Pistachios have anti-inflammatory properties that protect you from pain in joints and problems of swelling.
- Vitamin A and E contained in pistachios have anti-oxidant properties that help in keeping at bay problems of infection in pregnancy.
- Nuts are rich source of fiber. It helps prevent constipation that affects most women in pregnancy.
- Nuts are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid that aids brain development of your baby.
[ Read: Apricots During Pregnancy ]
Side Effects Of Eating Pista In Pregnancy:
If you want to enjoy the taste of the crunchy nuts, make sure to have a word with your gynecologist to know about the probable side effects as well.
Here are some of the reasons why it is better to avoid eating pista during pregnancy:
- Pistachios contain fructans that interferes with proper digestion and leads to diarrhea, constipation, bloating, abdominal pain and flatulence.
- Roasted pistas have higher levels of sodium that elevates blood pressure. This is absolutely undesirable in pregnancy.
- If you get allergies from nuts, it is better you avoid them altogether in pregnancy. Anacardic acid (urushiol) is a chemical compound in nuts that causes allergic reactions. The symptoms may range from itching in skin to other types of anaphylactic manifestations such as difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
- According to the U.S. News reports, the chances of developing asthma in children increase by 50% in families that have a history of nut allergies. The chances of developing asthma in children increase by 50%. Thus, make sure to talk to your doctor about nut allergies and ensure if they are safe for you in pregnancy.
[ Read: Diarrhea In Pregnancy ]
What You Can Include In Your Diet ?
Can i eat pista during pregnancy? If your family has no history of nut allergies, you can safely incorporate it in your diet. Here are some interesting ways you can try:
- You can take them plain or mix them in your favorite recipe.
- You can crush pista nuts and dip chicken breasts in the mixture of crushed nuts and beaten eggs.
- You can sprinkle pista in frozen yogurt, oatmeal and cereals to enjoy a tasty breakfast.
[ Read: Nuts During Pregnancy ]
So, do not worry about eating pistas unless your doctor has advised you to stay away from them. It is always better to take them in moderation to be on the safe side.
You can also try interesting recipes and sweet dishes with pistas to add variety in your diet. Good luck mommies! Do share with us how you would like to have your pistas.
- Is It Safe To Eat Cashew Nuts During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe to Eat Walnuts During Pregnancy?
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Eating Almonds During Pregnancy
- 8 Surprising Benefits Of Dates During Pregnancy
- 8 Amazing Nutritional Benefits Of Eating Nuts During Pregnancy
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015