Remember the times when you had a very tiring day and you were dying to quench your thirst? Well, pregnancy is one of those periods when you not only need to be very careful about your daily diet but also need to make sure that you are properly hydrated.
Why Is Water Important During Pregnancy?
Water is a necessity to lead a healthy life. It is a must to consume eight glasses of water regularly to stay fit and healthy.
- During pregnancy, your regular diet changes so does the intake of your daily water. So, how much water to drink in a day during pregnancy?
- The answer is simple; it is 10 to 12 glasses a day. It is so because, now you are harboring two bodies in one and therefore the increase in the water intake.
[ Read: Dehydration During Pregnancy ]
Top 5 Benefits Of Water During Pregnancy:
If you are one of those mommies who do not like to drink much water, here are some really good reasons for you to reconsider that lifestyle.
1. Delivery Of The Goods:
The healthy growth of your little angel depends on the nutrients and minerals that you regularly consume.
- These essential simplified foods cannot travel on their own to feed your baby!
- Thus, you need a medium for the transport. Hence water, the life saver, is important!
[ Read: Nutrition During Pregnancy ]
2. Helps In Taking Out The Trash:
When you are pregnant, you not only eat for two persons but also excrete for two thus it is important for you to make sure that you are excreting well.
- Pregnancy is the time when you will have to run to the bathroom a lot (yes, a lot!) so it is crucial that you excrete well too.
- The fact that many pregnant women also goes through constipation during this time will also be prevented if you drank enough water for both.
3. Water Helps You To Be At Ease:
Unless you are living in a room with a subarctic temperature, you will notice that your body heat has gone up after your pregnancy.
- Drinking water helps to keep your body’s temperature under control.
- Hydrating yourself to the optimum level every day, helps maintain a cooler body temperature.
4. Improves Your Skin:
Whenever you had a skin trouble, you were always advised to drink more water.
- To be honest, they were right in a way. Water helps in keeping the skin well hydrated and feeling fresh.
- If you drink enough water during pregnancy then your skin will become soft and supple and it will feel very close to your baby’s skin.
[ Read: Skin Problems During Pregnancy ]
5. Prevents Puffiness:
Sometimes pregnancy leads to oedema or swelling in certain places of the body.
- Drinking ample amount of water can actually help in the prevention of the swelling to occur.
- It also helps you from having a bloated tummy or body!
Drinking Water Right:
When you are pregnant, it is wise to drink clear and filtered water. If you do not have access to filtered water, opt for bottled or boiled water.
- Doing so will ensure that no germs or harmful bacteria, viruses or contaminants are entering your body. Also, this reduces the risk of you suffering from water borne diseases.
- When you step out of your house, carry your own bottle of filtered water to be on the safer side. And, when you are eating out then make it a point to ask for branded and bottled clean drinking water.
Every little detail during this time matters then why should compromise with your drinking water?
Moms, let us know your preferred method of drinking your daily requirement of water!
- Is It Safe To Drink Lemon Water During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Drink Green Tea During Pregnancy?
- 10 Best Healthy & Energy Drinks To Take During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Drink Hot Water During Pregnancy?