Seeing your child reach the school-going age is quite an experience as a parent. You will of course be extremely excited about the time when your child will start school. If your child is already in school, you may also be interested in going through some new school options if you are looking for a change. Whatever the reason, there is a lot of research that you will have to put in your search for a good school.
If you are looking for the best international schools in Chennai for your child, your search ends at our list of top schools shared below.
Top 10 International Schools In Chennai:
Here is a list of the top International schools that are based in Chennai:
1. Little Millennium:
- The international school in Chennai is functional from play group till upper KG and follows the IGCSE board for all its classes.
- It has a total of 50 students and provides full residential facilities to its students.
- It is a co-ed school and is operational for five days a week.
- The school functions from 9:00 am till 6:00 pm.
11 (Old No 20), Mohanapuri 3rd Street,
Adambakkam, Chennai – 600088(Near IOB, Brindavan Nagar)
Phone: (044) 4355 9889
24, Lakshmi Nagar 2nd Street,
Adambakkam, Chennai – 600088(Near SBI, Brindavan Nagar)
[ Read: Top Residential Schools In Chennai ]
2. Lalaji Memorial Omega International School:
- The school is functional from kindergarten classes tillclass XII. It follows various international boards and the school will be able to share further details about the respective boards that are in use as per the specific class.
- The school provides full residential facilities for all its students.
- In addition to various academic facilities, the school also provides a host of extra-curricular activities. The students can avail of an open air theater, various indoor and outdoor sports, outings and more.
79 Pallavaram Road,Kolapakkam, Chennai 600122
3. Little Leaders:
- The school is functional from Little Leaders play group till nursery and follows the IGCSE board for all its classes.
- It is a co-ed school and has a total of 50 students.
- This Chennai international school also offers full residential facilities to students who may so require.
- It is open for five days a week.
- The school aims to help its students to develop social manners and attitudes, encourages healthy group participation, aesthetic appreciation and various ways to interact with peers. It also helps the child to think and express their thoughts through correct and clear use of speech.
No.195,K.K.R. Garden III Main Street,
4. Genie Kidz:
- The school is functional from play group till upper KG and follows the IGCSE board of syllabus.
- It is a co-ed school and is open five days a week.
- The school aims to develop self-confidence and esteem in all its students and encourage various social relationships.
49, Church Street,Gandhi Nagar
(Opp. to Indra Nagar, Neyveli)Vadakuthu 607 308
Cuddalore Dist. Chennai
[ Read: Top IGCSE Schools In Bangalore ]
5. MCTM International School:
- The school functions from class VI till class XII and follows various international boards, such as the IB board, the IGCSE board and the LSP board. The school will be able to share further details about the respective boards that are in use as per the specific class.
- It is a co-ed school and has a maximum of 30 students in each class.
- The school is open six days a week.
179, Luz Church Road , Mylapore Chennai – 600004
6. St. Patrick’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School:
- One of the top international schools in Chennai that is functional from class I till class XII and follows the IGCSE board for all its classes.
- It is a co-ed school and is open six days a week.
- The school timings are from 8:30 am till 3:15 pm.
1st Cresent Park Road, Gandhi Nagar,
Adyar Chennai – 600020
Phone: 044 24420209, 044 24454792
7. Seed International School:
- The school functions through play school, preschool and kindergarten levels and follows the IGCSE board of teaching for all its classes.
- It is a co-ed school and has a total of 30 students.
- The school is open five days a week.
21/9, Third Avenue, Indira Nagar,
Adyar,Chennai – 600020
[ Read: Best ICSE Schools In Bangalore ]
8. The British International School:
- The school functions from play group till class XII and follows the IGCSE board for all its classes.
- It is a co-ed school.
2/628, Sultan Ahmed Street Off:
East Coast Road, Opp: Goyal Marble,
Neelangarai Chennai – 600041
9. Gateway American International School:
- The school follows the IGCSE and IB boards and the school will be able to share further details about the respective boards that are in use as per the specific class.
- It has a maximum of 25 students in each class.
No.2/664, Rangareddy Gardener Road,
NeelankaraiThiruvanmiyur, Chennai – 600041
Phone: 044 65290589
TOD AshramJabakadal StreetPadur,
Kazhipattur PostKelambakkam Chennai – 603 103
Phone: 044 32974498
No: 43, Nedunchezhiyan StreetBehind Infosys,
SholinganallurOMR, Chennai – 600 100
10. The Velammal International School:
- The school is functional from the kindergarten level till class XII and follows the IGCSE syllabus of teaching for its international board.
- In addition to the various academic facilities, the school believes in instilling an overall sense of growth and development in all its students. The many facilities that the students can avail of in the school are sports, creative learning, social and personal interactions and more.
Velammal New-Gen Park (Inside Velammal Engineering College Campus – Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Block),
Ambattur Red-hills Road, Chennai – 600 066
The schools mentioned in the list above are all located in Chennai and follow some or the other international board. Make sure to have a look yourself before making a decision.
Moms, if your child goes to an international school in Chennai, do share the information here to help other moms.
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017