Is your child prone to infections? Do you want to avoid giving him endless medications? Well, if you can relate to the above situations reading this post may be of help.
Apple Cider Vinegar is probably the most popular natural home remedy today. Its intake can boost the health of your skin, digestive and urinary system. Do you know it is a storehouse of essential nutrients? It can help boost your immunity and keep infections at bay! But is Apple Cider Vinegar really safe for babies?Can we really say apple cider vinegar for babies? Keep reading to find out.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Simply put, Apple Cider Vinegar is nothing but Apple juice that has undergone fermentation. Just like regular Apple juice, Apple Cider Vinegar is replete with a lot of nutrients including vitamin B1, B2, B6, pectin, biotin, niacin, folic acid, vitamin D, and pantothenic acid. It is also rich in sodium, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, iron, acetic acid, citric acid and potassium.
Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar for Babies:
Apple Cider Vinegar is a popular flavouring agent. Furthermore, Apple Cider Vinegar also offers several health benefits associated with its consumption. (1) Here are a few ways Apple Cider Vinegar can work wonders for your health:
1. Helps Reduce Heartburn:
The consumption of Apple Cider Vinegar (in the diluted form) can help reduce symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux.
2. Fights Yeast Infections:
Apple Cider Vinegar can help effectively fight yeast infections in the body.
3. Lowers Blood Pressure:
Some studies prove the efficacy of Apple Cider Vinegar in lowering blood pressure levels. The acetic acid content of this Vinegar may help inhibit the production of enzymes that cause the constriction of blood vessels.
4. Soothes Sunburn:
Apple Cider Vinegar can also help alleviate the pain due to sunburns and insect bites. Just applying it topically to the affected area can help relieve pain naturally.
5. Fights Dandruff Problem:
Mixing it with equal quantity of water and spraying it onto the scalp can help reduce dandruff.
[ Read: Baby Dandruff Home Remedies ]
6. Helps Reduce Acne:
Mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with equal quantity of water can help you make an excellent toner for your skin at home. Applying this mixture can help reduce the appearance of acne without making the skin dry. (2)
[ Read: Apple Puree For Babies ]
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Safe For Babies?
Well, your healthcare practitioner is the best person to advise you on this. Whether Apple Cider Vinegar for baby safe depends on several factors like- why do you want to give it to your baby, will your baby be ingesting it, what is your baby’s age? However, Apple Cider Vinegar can be beneficial for children in the following ways:
- Adding Apple Cider Vinegar to the bath water could help boost mood and aid relaxation in children.
- Apple Cider Vinegar has strong antimicrobial properties that can help protect your child from various infections.
- You can give babies suffering from a bout of colic a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixture to provide some relief. (3)
- Apple Cider Vinegar could help alleviate the symptoms of asthma such as wheezing.
- It can also help boost the immune system and protect your child from allergies. (4)
However, it is best to have a talk with your doctor regarding the use of Apple Cider Vinegar for infants. Remember to inquire about the dosage.
We hope this article helped you understand more about the benefits of including Apple Cider Vinegar in your child’s diet.
Did you try Apple Cider Vinegar as a home remedy for your baby? Tell us how it helped improve his health. Leave a comment below!
- 3 Key Benefits Of Using Olive Oil For Babies
- Top 10 Oils That Are Good For Baby Skin
- Is Quinoa Safe For Babies?
- Is Castor Oil Safe For Babies?
Latest posts by Enozia Vakil (see all)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis In Children - 7 Symptoms & 4 Remedies - January 16, 2017
- Canker Sores In Children - Causes, Treatment And Remedies - January 12, 2017
- How To Treat Drool Rash In Babies? - June 5, 2015