If you have heard of herbal teas, you’ve most probably heard of chamomile tea. Chamomile tea can cure several health problems. However, what works for an adult may not exhibit the same effects on a kid.
So, while chamomile tea is good for you, is it safe for your kid? If you are looking for the answer to the question, or simply looking for some more information on the safety of chamomile tea for kids, we suggest you read our post below!
Can Kids Drink Chamomile Tea?
Well, the good news is that you can alleviate your kid’s stomach upset with the proper dosage of chamomile tea. Most parents remain skeptical about chamomile tea, and whether it causes adverse effects on their kid’s health. However, chamomile tea has not been known to cause skin rashes or harmful allergic reactions among kids. However, ensure that you use the purest form of the chamomile herb, as other mixtures might react with your kid’s stomach.
When kids fall ill, giving them strong OTCs is not something you like to do. Chamomile tea can be the savior here, and the herbal nature doesn’t trigger many side effects. The herb soothes your kid’s disturbed stomach. Repeated bouts of colicky babies can be treated with the regular intake of the chamomile tea. It is the safest remedy for your baby’s colic problems. However, the dosage must be right (1).
[ Read: Green Tea For Kids ]
Quantity Of Chamomile Tea For Kids:
- You can give 2-3 ounces of warm (not hot) chamomile tea daily to your colicky babies. It helps decrease stomach pain.
- Feeding 2-3 ounces of chamomile tea to your baby helps improve his digestive system, and he can easily recover from acute stomach aches.
Don’t overfeed your kid chamomile tea as it may not alleviate the symptoms of pain or ease the bouts of colic. Follow the accurate dosage.
Different Uses Of Chamomile Tea For Kids:
Chamomile is one of the beneficial herbs that is also available in the market as tea. The herb is a mild sedative, which helps improve your kid’s sleep quality. Some parents also use Chamomile tea for teething or to treat a colicky baby, as it helps in easing tummy pain.
Here are some of the different ways in which you can use chamomile tea for your growing kid:
- When your kid drinks chamomile tea before bedtime, it helps improve the sleep quality.
- Chamomile tea for children serves as a tincture for muscle pain and is rather effective for teething children.
- The tea helps relax your hyper kid during emotional or physical distress.
- Chamomile tea offers adequate headache relief to your kids.
- If your kid suffers from pink eyes, you can use a cotton ball dipped in chamomile tea to eradicate the harmful infection. The herbal tea soothes the eye region and removes the infection within 24-36 hours.
[ Read: Is Coffee Bad For Kids ]
Health Benefits Of Chamomile Tea For Kids:
Here are some of health benefits of chamomile tea for your little one:
1. Useful For Colicky Kids:
- Babies that cry for a longer mostly suffer from colic problems, and they experience repetitive bouts.
- Although researchers do not know the exact cause of the uncontrolled crying, they conclude that the fussy behavior of your child can be due to an upset stomach.
- Feeding your colicky kid, a cup of lukewarm chamomile tea soothes his digestive tract and offers quick relief from severe pain and discomfort.
[ Read: Peppermint Oil For Kids ]
2. Promotes Healthy Sleep:
- From ancient days, chamomile tea has been used as a sleep-promoting agent.
- The chamomile tea helps in reducing the stress and anxiety of your restless baby and attains a good sleep.
- Researchers conclude that, feeding a cup of chamomile tea to the baby before the bedtime helps him to attain a healthy sleep.
3. Treats Gastrointestinal Problems:
- Kids often cry endlessly due to severe gastrointestinal problems. By giving chamomile tea to your kid, the pain easily subsides.
- Lukewarm chamomile tea helps in soothing severe cramps and treats common stomach ailments of kids (2).
Did you use chamomile tea for child for treating stomach disorder? Did it help? Share your story with fellow moms here!
- Is Turmeric Safe For Children?
- 9 Nutritional Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Kids
- 7 Health Benefits Of Walnuts For Your Kid
- Is Soy Milk Safe For Children?
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017