Do you love fruits? Are you especially fond of jackfruit and are you craving for it during pregnancy? Do you wonder whether is jackfruit good during pregnancy? If these questions have crossed your mind, you should read our post. Here we talk about how jackfruit affects you during pregnancy.
Contrary to popular belief, the consumption of jackfruits during pregnancy does not lead to a miscarriage. There is little scientific evidence for why jackfruit isn’t good for pregnant moms. It is your decision, but the best thing to do is get a nod from your gynecologist first.
According to many Gynecologists, pregnant women can eat all fruits. All you need to do is make sure you check on the proportions and avoid overeating. Mostly known as heat producing fruit, pregnant women avoid it due to the myth of jackfruit causing miscarriage. Jackfruits are rich in Vitamin B6 and other nutrients like potassium. Jackfruits contain an easily digestible flesh part called bulbs and are a rich source of antioxidants.
Benefits Of Eating Jackfruit During Pregnancy:
Some of the jackfruit benefits during pregnancy include:
- It helps you control or regulate your hormones.
- Jackfruit enhances your immunity and protects you from common diseases.
- Jackfruit controls your stress levels during pregnancy and even while you are lactating.
- Jackfruits also help improve vitamin A levels, which are crucial for your fetal development, eyesight, and cell multiplication through mitosis.
[ Read: Eating Watermelon During Pregnancy ]
- Jackfruit is low in sodium and saturated fat contents.
- It can provide as much as 11% of total fiber content required in a day.
- The fruit has anti ulcerative and anti hypersensitivity properties.
- Jackfruits are rich in vitamins A, B, C and D, as well as fiber. With a good amount of carbohydrates, jackfruits are capable of providing you with 95 Kcal of energy. Jackfruits are a healthy package of Beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc that are essential for your body, especially while you are pregnant.
- Jackfruits lower your blood pressure effectively during pregnancy.
Side Effects Of Eating Jackfruit In Pregnancy:
Jackfruit is typically not abrasive or obtrusive and consuming it does not lead to many side effects during your pregnancy. However, some side effects can include:
- If you suffer from allergic responses to the jackfruit, you should refrain from including it in your diet.
- If you love jackfruit and you don’t suffer from allergic responses, you need to make sure you don’t eat too much. Overeating jackfruit can lead to abnormal stool conditions and upset your stomach because of the high fiber content.
- If you suffer from blood disorders, eating jackfruit can quicken coagulation and worsen your condition.
- Jackfruit can even alter the rates of glucose in diabetic women. If you are diabetic or are prone to the disease, don’t eat jackfruit during pregnancy.
- If you are undergoing tissue transplants, don’t consume jackfruit during pregnancy.
A complete no to jackfruit during pregnancy is a sheer myth. Jackfruits are rich in fiber, and if you limit the amount of fruit you eat, it will not only make you feel full, but also provide several health benefits.
If you are a fruit person and you aren’t allergic to the jackfruit, include the juicy fruit in your diet during pregnancy. Conversely, if you are allergic to the very aroma of jackfruit, abandon the idea of consuming it during pregnancy. You can consume jackfruit raw, or you can cook or steam it.
Tell us whether you ate jackfruit during pregnancy? Do you know any delicious jackfruit recipes? Share your stories below.
- 8 Surprising Benefits Of Dates During Pregnancy
- 5 Health Benefits Of Eating Prunes During Pregnancy
- 9 Wonderful Benefits Of Consuming Almond Milk During Pregnancy
- 8 Amazing Benefits Of Pepper During Pregnancy
- 8 Health Benefits Of Pistachios During Pregnancy