Now that you are reaching the first birthday of your baby it’s time to child-proof your home. It may get difficult for you to keep an eye over him at all times. However; you need to ensure he is safe. This is the time when he is leaving behind his babyhood and growing up to be a wobbly toddler.
He will now find games like peek-a-boo and patty-cake that will be fascinating for him. He is slowly learning to drink milk from his own cup and cruise all around the home independently. Your baby will now experiment standing on his toe or on a single feet. He may try climbing out of his crib and put himself in a precarious position.
Developmental Milestones For Your 11 Months Old Baby:
By the end of his 11 months, he may be capable of doing the following. However, these are very generic and you need to keep in mind that every baby develops at his own pace.
- He will make gestures or point when asking for something.
- Say “dada” or “mama”.
- Sip from his sipper or cup.
- Walk by holding with one hand.
3 Learning Activities For 11 Month Old Baby:Sponsored
Don’t get impatient with your naughty and hyperactive 11 month old. He still needs your attention at this age. His daily activities now include exploring the world around him. He might land himself in dangerous situations at times, about which you need to be careful. Check out 3 learning activities for 11 month old baby here:
1. Eating Habits Of Your Baby:
Your 11 month old baby is now capable of feeding himself with spoon as well as fingers:
- Since his diet is mostly comprised of solids by this time, make sure all nutrients are judiciously added. There should be a perfect balance of dairy products, veggies and fruits.
- You can give snacks in the afternoon and in the morning, to make sure he has sufficient energy to run the whole day.
- He is fast developing his sense of taste, so keep adding different flavors to make meal times fun for him.
- Even if he is a fussy eater, moms you should not give up. Never force him to eat though.
[ Read: 11 Months Baby Food ]
2. Communication Skills Of Your Baby:
By this time your baby realizes he is unique. He will develop a strong sense of likes and dislikes at this stage. Here is how he communicates at this stage.
- Keep your cool if he throws temper tantrums to get his favorite toy.
- He may be firm when he is saying “no” at this stage. Be prepared to hear this word often.
- Your baby learns to communicate effectively at this stage.
- He may respond if you ask him anything even if he doesn’t grasp its meaning.
- His attention spans have improved by this time and he focuses more on an object or game.
[ Read: 12 Month Baby Activities ]
3. Enjoy Reading:
Even if your baby is very active, he will enjoy some reading time sitting on your lap. This is one of the best 11 month old baby activities to try.
- This is a good way to learn to turn pages.
- He may point at pictures.
- Stick his fingers through the holes.
- He may also munch the corners of the books.
- Reading is a fantastic way to interact with your baby.
- However, don’t get disappointed if his attention spans are too short. It’s okay even if he sits for a little time.
- You never know he might soon develop a liking for his favorite book.
- Utter the words slowly when he points to a letter or a word.
- He may soon start repeating the same words.
- Regular reading habits will help develop his cognitive skills and he will soon consider reading a wonderful activity.
[ Read: Benefits Of Reading To Your Baby ]
When you are charting the development milestones of your baby, remember that every single baby develops at his own pace. If you had a premature baby you should measure his progress against the days adjusted.
Moms, share with us how you enjoyed these 11 months old baby activities with your one. Also discuss what other activities you noticed in your darling apart from the ones mentioned above, in the comment section below.
- 4 Learning Activities For Your 12 Month Old Baby
- Top 10 Food Ideas For Your 10 Months Baby
- 6 Learning Activities For Your 10 Month Old Baby
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015