From the moment you get a positive pregnancy test to the time you give birth – life is all about anticipation. But you cannot simply while away nine months! Life of a pregnant woman is full of expectations and anxiety.There are things that need to be done and preparations to be made. And to top it all up, you have to learn to live the pregnancy days to the fullest.You know how pregnancy changes your life forever!
So, let us you give a brief insight on how life during pregnancy is and to go about the various aspects of pregnancy. Hang on for the ride of a lifetime!
Preparing For Baby: Life During Pregnancy
What is the most important thing in your pregnancy? Your unborn baby, of course! So, pregnancy is the time to prepare for your baby. Some of the things you need prepare for while there’s still time includes:
1. Baby Items Checklist:
With your baby on her way, you need to be ready for her. So make a list of things she’ll need. Here are some basic baby items you need to have at home:
- Baby Clothes: When it comes to baby clothes, buy them in gender neutral colors if you don’t know whether you are having a boy or a girl. And don’t buy too many in newborn size. Buy a few and wait for your baby’s birth to buy more, once you know the exact size. You will also get a number of clothes as gift, you can afford to wait before you go on baby cloth shopping spree.
- Diapers: Whether you are using disposable or cloth diapers, the choice is yours to make. But don’t invest too much on one size. Wait instead till your baby is born.
- Stroller: You may opt for a stroller, or you may prefer to wear your baby, think it out before you spend money.
- Car Seat : There is no compromising when it comes to a car seat. You need one. Spending money on a good quality car seat is worth every penny.
These are things your baby needs without an argument. But there are hordes of other items that may look tempting but serve no practical purpose. So do your research and avoid unnecessary spending.
Beauty Care During Pregnancy:
Just because you are having a baby does not mean you have to give up on your beauty care regimen! Here are some beauty care tips for you to follow while you are pregnant:
1. Skin Care Basics: You need to take care of your skin when you are pregnant. Don’t forget to follow a regular skin care regimen. Clean, tone, and moisturize – that is the mantra for healthy skin!
2. Wear Clothes That Flatter: Give your wardrobe a makeover and wear clothes that flatter your new body.
3. Get A Haircut: Your pre-pregnancy haircut may not work for your pregnancy body. So, now will be a great time to get a new haircut.
4. Use The Right Makeup: Use subtle shades and be ready to rock your pregnancy look.
[ Read: Tips To Look Good During Pregnancy ]
Pregnancy will give you a glow that no makeup can match. But that does not mean that you should let yourself go! Dress up in beautiful clothes and take care of your skin to look your ravishing best.
Getting Ready With Birth Announcement:
Now will be a great time to finalize your birth announcement. Decide on the format, design, and content. You won’t find the time when your baby is here! Here are some ideas to get you going:
1. Customized Cards: You can use your baby’s picture and customize the card with details like your baby’s birth weight, height, etc.
2. Cards With Sounds: You can now send your dear ones a birth announcement that consists of your little one’s heartbeat!
3. Baby Prints: You can prepare a card with your baby’s hand and footprints. A sure winner!
4. Give It A Personal Touch: How about giving the birth announcement a personal touch? You can send handwritten cards too!
5. A Door Sign: How about preparing a sign and hanging it outside your door to let the world know about your newborn baby? Great idea, in our books!
[ Read: Good Books To Read During Pregnancy ]
There are numerous ideas when it comes to birth announcement. Go with the one that appeals most to you.
Dealing With Bed Rest:
In some cases, your doctor may advise bed rest. Life during pregnancy will make you feel bored. Now staying cooped up in bed while pregnant can feel like a punishment. Here are some easy tips to help you:
1. Stay Connected: Now that most of us are living our lives ‘online’, it is easy to stay connected with the outside world even while on bed rest. All you need is your laptop or mobile!
2. Focus On Your Baby: Each time you get frustrated, remember why you are doing it. There is a baby at the end of the tunnel, waiting for you!
3. Read: Whether you like reading books, the old way or use your Kindle, just read to keep yourself busy.
4. Watch TV: Now will be a great time to catch up on all the movies and TV shows missed!
5. Pamper Yourself: Get a massage, sleep in, listen to music – these are luxuries you’ll miss once your baby is here!
Pregnancy is such a huge change for women! It can overwhelm the best of us. So, use this little guide to help deal with the changes better.
Don’t treat pregnancy like a disease. Eat well, exercise, sleep properly, and keep up with your doctor appointments. The nine months will fly away at the wink of an eye!
Hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as we enjoyed writing it! Do share your feedback with us in the comments section below!
- 7 Wonderful Ways To Pamper Yourself During Pregnancy
- What Are The Right Clothes To Wear During Pregnancy?
- Emotional And Social Support During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Chhandita Chakravarty (see all)
- 101 Most Popular Indian Baby Girl Names With Meanings - September 15, 2016
- Teaching About Body Parts To Kids - March 31, 2016
- Child Passenger Safety – Rules And Tips - February 29, 2016