Are you craving to drink tea while expecting? Are you looking for a tea that contains less or no caffeine? If you said yes excitedly, you should go ahead and give this post a read.
Lipton tea offers many health benefits, but it is wise to check whether is it safe to drink Lipton tea while pregnant. Read our post to learn everything about drinking Lipton tea during pregnancy.
What Is Lipton Tea?
Lipton tea is an herbal tea containing natural ingredients. The tea is highly popular globally for more than 100 years for its satisfying taste, quality, and health benefits. Lipton tea refreshes your mind and prevents the risk of development of various health disorders when you have it while expecting.
Health Benefits Of Having Lipton Tea During Pregnancy:
Here are some health benefits of drinking Lipton tea while pregnant:
1. Boosts Your Immunity:
Lipton tea aids in boosting your immunity while expecting. The tea minimizes the risk of viral infections and ailments. You can enjoy a hot cup of Lipton tea to enjoy a healthy pregnancy.
[ Read: Green Tea During Pregnancy ]
2. Offers Anti-inflammatory Benefits:
Lipton tea has anti-inflammatory properties and helps treat several health problems, such as osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other bone health related issues. It can help relieve the aches and pains related to pregnancy naturally (1).
3. Provides Essential Antioxidants:
Even though Lipton tea is no substitute for fruits and vegetables, it is a rich source of antioxidants like flavonoids. Its antioxidant properties are quite effective in neutralizing free radicals that cause cell damage and oxidative stress during pregnancy (2).
4. Enhances Cardiovascular Health:
Lipton tea is highly beneficial for your cardiovascular health during pregnancy. Antioxidants like polyphenols in the tea aid in preventing any heart-related ailment. Drinking Lipton tea helps in lowering LDL cholesterol of expecting mothers with high blood lipids. Regular intake of it prevents cardiovascular diseases due to oxidative stress and proinflammation. (3) It also helps keep the threat of preeclampsia at bay during pregnancy (4).
5. Helps Maintain Appropriate Weight:
Nutrients in Lipton tea are highly beneficial for weight management during pregnancy. Drinking the herbal tea helps you regulate your weight and prevents you from becoming obese while expecting.
Is Lipton Tea Safe During Pregnancy?
- Drinking too many cups of Lipton tea may prevent your body from absorbing folic acid appropriately. Folic acid is crucial during initial 12 weeks of pregnancy. Excessive intake of Lipton tea can increase the risk of development of neural tube defects, such as spina bifida, in the unborn baby.
- You should ensure that your daily caffeine intake does not exceed 200 mg. Therefore, do not drink more than three to four cups of Lipton tea every day. Health experts advise against the excessive intake of tea as its caffeine content works as a diuretic. It can increase your frequency of urination, cause loss of essentials salts and minerals and lead to dehydration. Dehydration during pregnancy can prove dangerous for you and the little one in your womb.
[ Read: Effects Of Caffeine During Pregnancy ]
Remember to consult your physician regarding the quantity of Lipton tea you should have daily during pregnancy. Enjoy the refreshing beverage in moderation as an excess of anything during this delicate phase can prove dangerous for your health and your baby’s development.
Now you know all about the benefits of drinking Lipton tea. Why wait? Go ahead and spread the word!
Did you drink Lipton tea while expecting? How did you benefit from it? Share your experience with other expecting moms here.
If you find this article interesting and informative, please leave us a word of encouragement in the comments box below. We would love to hear from you!
- 5 Essential Benefits Of Raspberry Leaf Tea During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Drink Coffee During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Drink Soft Drinks During Pregnancy?
- 5 Health Benefits & Side Effects Of Iced Tea During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 6 Most Popular Indian Mythological Stories For Kids - September 15, 2016