- Best long distance relationship messages
- Quotes about long distance relationships and trust
- Sad long distance relationship quotes
- Long distance relationship poems
“And I miss you like the deserts miss the rains.”
When two people are in love, time and distance do not matter. And, you miss your beloved if you live far apart. In a long distance relationship (LDR), the feeling of love is intense but comes with the pain of not getting to see each other often. Technology does make up for the distance to a certain extent, but it can never give you the real feel of being with the person you love.
Lovers take to different things to express their love. Some send gifts over, others let their feelings flow through words. And, if you are looking to do the latter, then MomJunction has some of the best long distance relationship quotes.We bring a list that is absolutely lovely and mushy.Let your lover know how special and loved they are – and perhaps these quotes can make them miss you as much as you are missing them. So, be ready to pour your heart out, aloud!
Best Long Distance Relationship Messages
Being in love is a beautiful feeling, but it doesn’t stay that way all the time. Circumstances, time, and duties, can distance you from your lover and put you both in a long distance relationship. But, true love stands the test of time making the wait worthwhile. Lovers do everything to keep their relationship strong and sending loving quotes is just one of them.So, use these quotes to express your love!
- “If you want to live together, you must first know how to live apart.”
- “Ocean separates lands, not souls.”
- “7.125 billion people in the world, and I chose you. No distance is too great for our love.”
- “In true love, the smallest distance can become too great, and the greatest distance can be shortened. All, too easily.”
- “Missing someone gets easier each day. Even though you are further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to seeing them again.”
- “I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of your shoulder,nothing more beautiful than filling my lungs with your scent.”
- “Distance can be measured. But love cannot. Therefore, love will always overcome distance.”
[ Read: Long Distance Relationship Problems ]
- “A part of you is now me, and so you see, it’s you and me together forever. We would never be apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.”
- “Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.“
- “The longer the wait, the sweeter the kiss.”
- “Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it inflames the great.”
- “Blow ‘o wind to where my loved one is. Touch him and come touch me soon. I’ll feel his gentle touch through you and meet his beauty in the moon. These things are much for the one who loves. One can live by them alone: that she and I breathe the same air and that the earth we tread is one.”
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.”
- “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough…”
- “Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.”
- “We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.”
- “Close together or far apart, you’re forever in my heart.”
[ Read: Emotionally Abusive Relationship ]
- “When your absence is felt, your presence is the essence and it makes a difference.”
- “Don’t measure the distance; measure my love.”
- “When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long, and no other love can break them apart.”
- “In human relationships, distance is not measured in miles but in affection. Two people can be right next to each other, yet miles apart.”
- “It is only for you that I will go through the heartache. I can bear the distance but can’t imagine my life without you.”
- “Distance gives us a reason to love harder.”
- “I never knew what love was until I met you, then when distance pulled us apart, I found out what true love is.”
- “The simple lack of you is more to me than others’ presence.”
- “You have to be wholeheartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having.”
- “I wonder why people still underestimate the authenticity of long distance relationships. I fell in love with her soul before I could even touch her skin. If that isn’t true love, then please tell me what is.”
- “In a long distance relationship your love is tested and doubted every day, but you still prove to each other that it’s worth it. That is what makes the relationship so special.”
- “Love knows no distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”
- “My eyes, arms, and heart will always know where you are!”
- “Sometimes I don’t know if you miss me or forget me but each day, I tell myself that love will bring us together again.”
- “When you left, you took my heart with you but I know we’ll both be back someday and I’ll feel complete again.”
- “I can’t even put into words how much you mean to me, and each day I hope that I will open the door to see your face.”
- “If only I could fly, I would use my wings to be right beside you to begin each day.”
- “This may not be the average fairytalethat people read about. But I know you are my happily ever after.”
The bright side of a long distance relationship is the unwavering love and trust. Trust that you will continue to love each other, respect each other, not cheat on each other, and get back together.
[ Read: Stages Of A Relationship ]
Quotes About Long Distance Relationships And Trust
Trust is the binding factor in LDRs. The very fact that you and your partner have chosen to stay together despite the distance speaks about the strength of your relationship. Here are a few quotes that define the trust in LDRs:
- “Loving someone is a leap of faith. You are giving them your heart, and trusting them not to break it. And, no matter what happens I will never regret taking that leap for you.”
- “If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you.”
- “When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and, no other love can break them apart.”
- “When our love has defied the distance, I know that our true love will survive.”
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.”
- “The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to get through today.”
- “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.”
- “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each others eyes, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
- “Hearing your voice is far better than you touching me. Because even though I yearn for your skin to touch mine, it is your voice that touches my soul.”
- “Come what sorrow can, it cannot countervail the exchange of joy,that one short minute gives me in her sight.” Shakespeare – Romeo and Juliet
- “Distance is temporary but our love is permanent.”
- “This distance is not an obstacle. It’s just a reminder of how strong our love truly can be.”
- “You’re on my mind as I drift to sleep and the first thought when I wake up.”
- “The past is what brought us together. The present keeps us apart. The future holds you close to me, right next to my heart.”
- “I am lonely but never alone because you are always in my heart, my soul, and my dreams.”
Even when you love your partner immensely and trust them with all your heart, there will be moments that can leave you with a feeling of sadness. In such moments, the following quotes can provide some solace to your aching heart.
[ Read: Trust In Relationship ]
Sad Long Distance Relationship Quotes
The fact that you can’t hug them when you want to, don’t have a shoulder to lean on when you want to, and can’t share those loving moments when you long for them,makes LDR lonely and dreary. But, life is all about making the most of what you have isn’t it? So, if you are stricken by grief in love express it through these quotes to your loved ones.
- “Distance apart brings me sadness. Then I remember there is someone else out there experiencing the same thing. You!”
- “And as days go by, the memories remain. I wait for you. As days go by, I swear I’ll try. Until I die. Anything for you.”
- “Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
- “I hate the stars because I look at the same ones as you do, but without you.”
- “It is true that we don’t have it as easy as normal couples. But then again, ours is no ordinary love.”
- “The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love.”
- “When I miss you and can’t visit you, I visit the memories we have made and can’t wait to make more.”
- “Time is the longest distance between two places.” – Tennesse Williams
- “This is the sad bed of chosen chastity because you are miles and mountains away.”
- “Morning without you is dwindled dawn.”
- “Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do is wait.”
- “I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out, and the stars will fall from the sky.”
- “There is no relationship that has not been tested I know distance will not tear us apart.”
- “I long for the day when I can be beside you and know that the time apart spent is over and has been worth it.”
- “I keep my phone next to me because I know you’re just a call away.”
- “The silence of the night brings me to tears and I silently wish you were here.”
- “Distance only proves to us that we can still love harder even without seeing each other more often.”
- “Sometimes I think of giving up, but when I hear your voice I simply know that I cannot live without you.”
- “When you are sad and empty, just think of me hugging you and telling you that everything will be fine.”
- “We are in a situation where our love is being tested by distance. There is no assurance of when we are going to meet again, but I always believe that if we are meant to be, love will find its way.”
- “I’m starting to get tired of all this texting, emailing, WhatsApping, and messaging. I miss you like crazy!”
- “Can’t wait to hold you, touch you, and hear you whisper my name – the wait is killing me darling!”
You could express your love in so many ways! And poems are one way that touch your lover’s heart instantly.
[ Read: How To Spice Up Your Relationship ]
Long Distance Relationship Poems
When a plain message cannot express your pain of separation from your lover or you just can’t wait to be with them, writing a poem might just do the job. Here are a handful of awe-inspiring LDR poems for you.
“The lines stitched into highways;
The never-ending seams,
On roads that are less travelled,
Dividing you and me.
I wish I could unravel,
The fabric in-between,
And tear away the distance,
To bring you close to me.”
“I’m jealous of the morning sun
Who gets to be the first to see you
Or the coffee cup
Who gets to kiss your sleepy lips awake.”
“If we were a storm, you’d be thunder and I’d be lightning.
When it rains, we’ll always be close toeach other.
You can see me and I can hear you.
When it is raining at two in the morning, you wake up because of
the sound of rain
Out of nowhere your room lights up from your
Just for that brief moment, you are surrounded by me.
Momentslater I hear thunder crack and I know it’s you proclaiming your love for me.
You’re my thunder and I’m your lightning.”
“Even though they were far apart,
there was a closeness,
an everydayness, that refused to subside.”
“I don’t want to text you.
I don’t want to call you.
I want to be in your arms,
Hold your hand,
Feel your breath,
Hear your heart.
I want to be with you.”
Aren’t those some of the most endearing LDR poems? We hope you are inspired enough to write one for your beloved. Go ahead and pen down your feelings and surprise them with your heartfelt poems.
It’s painful to live miles across your partner, but the joy of getting back together after what seems like forever is worth all that time and pain. Remember the pain of parting is nothing compared to the joy of meeting again.
So, if those quotes have struck a chord with you send them to your beloved and share them with your friends who are pining away for their loved ones.
And if you have any inspiring quotes to share, then mention them in the comments section!
- Arguments In Relationship
- What Women Want In A Relationship
- How To Fix A Broken Relationship
- Codependent Relationship: Ways To Identify It
Latest posts by Kalpana M (see all)
- 20 Basic Relationship Rules That Strengthen Your Bond - March 5, 2018
- When Do Babies Smile And How To Make Them Smile More - March 1, 2018
- 35 Elegant Baby Shower Dresses For Moms-To-Be - February 27, 2018