Announcing that you are going to have a baby is not just news – it’s more than breaking news. You need to gobsmack people before the news can fizzle out in regular conversation. And the reaction of everybody around is well, beyond priceless!
But, how do you break the news of your pregnancy in a creative way? It involves nervousness, excitement and more often than not, you will be lost for words! Here were some wacky pregnancy announcements that you might want to try out when it’s your turn to tell the world.
We are taking potshots at what few couples did:
Telling Your Partner:
- Place a small dried pea saying, “Want to hear something amazing?” Now add, “this is how small your baby is right now.”
- Ask you partner to solve a little puzzle that will read, “Congratulations on your new arrival.”
- Write ‘Baby on Board’ on stickers and stick them on your belly till your partner happens to read it.
- Get chocolate chip cookies designed in pink and blue with the words, “I am Pregnant!” Or order some M&Ms that read ‘Baby Makes 3!”.
- Get a book on Parenting or Baby Care and present it to your partner when you want to break the news.
- A reader made an adorable, yet funny greeting card for her husband that read, “It’s Your Fault.” Inside it contained the message, “Congrats, your swimmers won the race; prize to be claimed within nine months”.
- Tell your husband you did something very ‘expensive’. Get him to fetch a paper to calculate the budget and hand over an EPT for a pen.
- Get baby shoes as a Christmas tree ornament.
- Surprise your partner with onesies. White or pink? Or both.
- Show the positive EPT to your partner asking him to explain what it means.
- If you have a morning sickness, pretend you cannot read that ‘thermometer’ and ask him to read it for you.
- Leave the test in the bathroom to let your partner discover it.
- Write ‘I am going to be a big brother/sister’ on an old bib or shirt and get your first son/daughter wear it.
- Keep the positive confirmation test among his bills.
- Get a Father’s Day card and sign it with ‘Mommy and Baby’!
- Have a surprise baby crib with toys and the positive test strip inside.
- Give him a surprise coupon reading ‘Redeemable for one baby’.
- Swap a custom fortune cookie reading you are pregnant for the one from the restaurant.
- Write on your belly with a marker – ‘Hi Daddy, I can’t wait to meet you!’.
- Wear a T-shirt that reads ‘Mommy-to-be.
Telling Family And Close Friends:
- How about a fancy Halloween costume depicting an over with the door right at the belly. Stick in a bun. Also, place a timer reading when your due date is!
- Make T-shirts for your partner and you – yours reading ‘I have a pea in the pod’ with an arrow pointing down and that of your partner reading ‘I have a bun in her oven’ with an arrow pointing towards you. Or you can use marker pens to write ‘Beer’ on his tummy and ‘Baby’ on yours!
- Make copies of ultrasound picture and send them to your relatives and friends announcing the due date.
- Get pink, white and blue carnations and wrap them with a pacifier as you hand it over to grandparents. Just wait for them to figure it all out.
- Use old baby bottles to stuff roses or little trinkets as gifts.
- Call your family or friends saying you and a new guest are on the way to visit them.
- Make T-shirts for the grandparents-to-be reading ‘World’s Best Grandpa’ or ‘World’s Best Grandma.
- Announce it on the grandparents’ birthday by sending them a greeting card addressing them as Grandpa or Grandma and announce the due date! This could apply to the aunts and uncles-to-be as well.
- Teach your toddler to point at your belly anytime you ask him where the baby is. Record the video and send to your loved ones.
- Say that you had gone to see the doctor, and it turned out you had two heartbeats: D
- Juxtapose the ultrasound images with pictures of your pet. Your near and dear ones will know at once that your family is growing!
- Blow balloons with your partner – one reading ‘Expected to pop’ and your partner’s reading the due date.
- Announce with a ‘Bump Ahead’ sign.
- Announce with a calendar showing the countdown towards the due date.
- Post an Eviction Notice on the crib of your older child –“Please note that you are required to exit the premises within… weeks as the new tenant is expected to move in around (fill in the due date)’. Post pictures of the notice issued. It will be hilarious if the big brother or sister is already wailing in the crib.
- Announce with your bizarre food cravings – mostly sour foods we guess.
- Post images of family cups with a feeding bottle taking the prominent place.
- Announce with math equations or Your Initials + His Initials = Baby!
- Place baby shoes between pairs of you and your partner’s shoes.
- Use a ‘Coming Soon’ board to announce.
- Announce using family numbers – ‘And then they were five’.
- Sport a No Smoking board against your pregnant tummy.
- Use camera sizes to make the pregnancy announcements. Place notes reading Daddy Camera, Mommy Camera and Baby Camera.
- A ribbon around the pregnant belly will break the news!
- Just announce that you are on a ‘Maternity Leave’.
- If you have two children already, get them to hold ‘Oldest’ and ‘Youngest …ooops…Middle’ boards.
- Use an image of an empty chair beside all seated in a family picture.
- Get your older kids to announce a Team Conde Recruitment.
- A promotion of your older child from being the ‘Only Child’ to ‘Big Brother /Sister’.
- Hold a Prego bottle against your tummy or with your partner to make the announcement through pictures.
Key tips if you are a working mother:
Firstly, tell your employer personally and then break it to all on the floor in one go.
And secondly, since we are in the age of social media, it will be wise to tell your near and dear ones before you let the rest of them know. We don’t want your near and dear ones to feel left out.
And bingo! They all will be looking forward to your due date.
What were the ways you had let the world know about your imminent motherhood? Share with us your ideas!
Latest posts by Divyatha (see all)
- 6 Secret Foods For A Flat Tummy - May 2, 2017
- Here’s How Kareena Kapoor Lost Her Weight Post Pregnancy - April 26, 2017
- A Strict Warning About Using Vicks For Babies - April 25, 2017