Mangoes are the favorites of many kids. The sweet and juicy yellow fruit is delicious and also has a host of health benefits for kids and adults alike. So, today . Scroll down and check out our post below.
What Are Mangoes?
Mango is highly popular as ‘The king of fruits’ among kids. You will find several kids love eating mango or drinking mango milkshake. Mangoes are endemic to Asia, but are cultivated all over the world. India and Burma are the biggest exporters of mangoes. The sweet fruit has many nutritional benefits, so including it in your kid’s diet will boost his health and immunity (1).
Health Benefits Of Mango For Kids:
Mango boasts of an abundance of nutrients, such as antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and other vital nutrients, that are beneficial for kids. Here are some prominent health benefits of mangoes for kids.
1. Improved Vision:Sponsored
Just one cup of mango slices comprises 25% of daily recommended intake of vitamin A of kids. Vitamin A is highly beneficial for good eyesight. So, eating mangoes helps prevent the risk of night blindness, burning and itching of eyes, softening of the cornea, refractive errors, and dryness in the eyes (2).
2. Promotes Digestion:
Mangoes possess many beneficial digestive enzymes that help breaking down proteins and promote smooth digestion in kids. Eating mangoes helps soothe your kid’s stomach and prevents the risk of acidity and digestive disorders. Also, the high fiber content in this nutritious fruit helps avoid constipation substantially (3).
3. Memory Booster:
Mango is a good source of glutamine acid. Eating the fruit ensures adequate levels of glutamine acid in kids. The glutamine acid boosts your kid’s brain functions and improves his memory (4).
4. Promotes Texture And Health Of The Skin:
Eating mangoes helps keep your kid’s skin healthy, soft, and radiant. Apply mango pulp to your kid’s skin and let it stay on for around ten minutes. Mango pulp helps unclog blocked pores and minimizes blemishes (5).
[ Read: Watermelon For Kids ]
5. Prevents Cancer:
Mangoes are rich in pectin, a soluble dietary fiber that helps minimize the risk of development of cancer of gastrointestinal tract in your kids. So, eating mangoes prevents the development of cancer in kids (6).
6. Treats Anemia:
High iron content in the mangoes helps cure anemia in kids. The right amount of mango in your diet can boost the red blood cells (RBCs) count in kids and prevents the adverse effects of anemia (7).
7. Promotes Weight Gain:
A moderate intake of mangoes is one of the simplest ways to enhance your kid’s weight effectively. Just 150 grams of mango offers your kid about 86 calories, which his body can easily absorb and boosts his weight. You can offer your kids mango milkshake to help them become strong and healthy (8).
[ Read: Grapes Benefits For Kids ]
Two Wonderful Mango Recipes For Kids:
If your child finds it boring to eat mango slices, you can prepare several healthy, delicious mango recipes. Here are a couple of ideas:
1. Mango And Coconut Smoothie:
You Will Need:
- 100 grams of puree of mango
- A couple of fresh mint leaves
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Two tablespoons of honey
- A few ice cubes
- Add mango puree, coconut milk, honey, and ice to a blender till the mixture turns smooth. Put the delicious smoothie in a bowl or glass.
- Garnish the mango smoothie with fresh mint leaves and serve it to your kid.
It is one of the tastiest mango smoothie recipes for kids you should definitely try.
[ Read: Healthy Fruit Salad Recipes For Kids ]
2. Chili Mango Salad:
You Will Need:
- Three mangoes, peeled and diced
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- Two lemons
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place fresh mango pieces in a shallow bowl.
- Mix zest of lime, chili powder, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the spicy and salty mixture on the mango pieces in the bowl and serve it to your kid.
Does your kid love mangoes? How does he enjoy it? Do you know any mango-based recipes? Tell us here. Leave a comment in the section below.
- 10 Easy Kid-Friendly Pineapple Recipes That You Can Make In Less Than 30 Minutes!
- Top 10 Fondue Recipes For Your Kid
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate For Kids
- 6 Incredible Health Benefits Of Garcinia Cambogia For Kids
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016