Table Of Contents:
- 1. Significance And Meaning Of The Words Warrior, Protector, Survivor, Fighter
- 2. Baby Boy Names That Mean Warrior
- 3. Baby Boy Names That Mean Protector
- 4. Baby Boy Names That Mean Survivor
- 5. Baby Boy Names That Mean Fighter
- 6. Baby Girl Names That Mean Warrior
- 7. Baby Girl Names That Mean Protector
- 8. Baby Girl Names That Mean Survivor
- 9. Baby Girl Names That Mean Fighter
When it comes to choosing a name for your baby, it is always important to go for one that has a significant meaning attached to it. With so many names to choose from, it can sometimes get difficult to actually make a selection. However, if you have some idea of the type of name you want or the type of meaning, selecting one can be easier than you think.
Warrior names are those that come with a strong and bold command and are always popular and interesting. Strong names such as the ones that have references to warriors, fighters, survivors, and protectors, will also add a strong angle to your baby’s overall personality. If you would like to find out more such names, do browse through our list of names below.
Significance And Meaning Of The Names Warrior, Protector, Survivor, And Fighter:
Before you go on to the names themselves, here is a quick look at what each of the word symbolizes:
- Warrior: A warrior refers to someone who is a specialist in some form of warfare or combat. While most warriors were fighters who fought within tribes or clans, some societies also recognize them as a separate class. In such cases, you will find a separate class or society known as the warrior class. For instance, the Kshatriyas in the Indian Hindu caste system are a warrior caste. Interestingly, while many people associate the term warrior specifically with males, there have been some very fierce and popular female warriors across different cultures and countries. The Classical Greek mythology has a special group of fighting women, the warrior women, who are known as the Amazons. Similarly, the Norse mythology has a female warrior group known as the Valkyrie, especially the Icelandic Etta. Female warriors find a mention in various cultures such as Indian, Japanese, British, French and more.
- Protector: A protector is typically someone who takes on caring roles and protects others. It could relate to a physical form of protection, an emotional bond of protecting the other from hurt or sadness, or any other form of protection.
[ Read: Baby Names Meaning Savior ]
- Survivor: A survivor is typically looked at as someone who has come out victorious in some or other form of battle or situation. It could be a physical fight, it could be a survival against life’s odds, it could simply be the ability to take each day as it is and survive it with a strong will and mind.
- Fighter: A fighter also has similar qualities as a survivor. The main difference is that in the case of a fighter, the references are more physical, where the fighter may actually get involved in a physical combat mode.
All the definitions shared above are of personalities that are strong, caring, empathetic and fearless. Not only do people with such personalities tide over everyday struggles and make things work, they also care about others and are seen as loyal and sensitive human beings.
Baby Boy Names That Mean Warrior:
Here is a list of baby boy names meaning warrior:
- Adofo: This beautiful Ghanian word comes from the African culture and has a strong streak to it.
- Ajax: This greek name meaning warrior sounds very unique yet modern.
- Albern: While it has a very classic feel to it, the English name means a noble warrior.
- Alois: The name Alois refers to a famous warrior in the German culture.
- Aloysius: A lengthier version of the name Alois, this beautiful German name is at once exotic and powerful.
[ Read: Strong And Powerful Baby Boy Names ]
- Alemana: The very lyrical name comes from the Hawaii culture.
- Anakin: Coming from the American culture, it sounds like a modern day warrior name.
- Andro: The short and sweet name is from Croatia.
- Andrus: The exotic sounding name is Estonia’s version of the word warrior.
- Ansgar: Here is a name from Ireland that is at once lyrical as well as very different.
- Batair: The name sounds at once lyrical and so exotic. It comes from Scotland and means a strong warrior.
- Duncan: You may have heard this Gaelic name already, as it is quite a popular one and refers to a dark warrior with brown hair.
- Dreng: Doesn’t this English name sound like it is taken from a mythological warrior story?
- Einar: The short and strong name from Norway means the lone warrior.
- Eloy: In Spain, it means the one who is a renowned warrior.
- Elvy: The very short and cute name has an even cuter meaning. It means an elf warrior in English.
- Ewan: The name that sounds so modern and strong comes from Ireland and means a young warrior.
- Finian: The Irish name actually means a handsome warrior.
- Gerald: While it is a very modern name, this German name also means a warrior who fights with a spear.
- Griffith: The name sounds as if it just came out of a classic war tale. Coming from the Welsh culture, it means the chief warrior.
- Helushka: The American name sounds extremely exotic and mythological.
- Igor: The Scandinavian name means a heroic warrior.
[ Read: Heroic Baby Names ]
- Kaiden: The name is very lyrical to pronounce and comes from Ireland.
- Magnar: The Nordic name refers to an especially strong and fierce warrior.
- Wyatt: This warrior boy name is an Anglo-Saxon one that has been around for ages and is equally popular in modern times.
- Cedric: A short and sweet Welsh name that means the warrior leader.
- Khalon: The American name means a strong warrior.
- Kimble: While this name sounds like a classic English one, it means the chief of the warriors.
Baby Boy Names That Mean Protector:
Here is a list of baby boy names meaning protector:
- Edmon: The classic French name means a prosperous protector.
- Aimon: The name that means a rich protector comes from Ireland.
- Blaz: This very short and unusual name from Germany means an unwavering protector.
- Chadd: A short and sweet English name.
- Eamon: A French name meaning a prosperous protector.
- Edmundo: This classic English name is at once modern and stylish.
- Ehno: An Italian version of protector.
- Eumann: A beautiful Scottish name which sounds lyrical yet strong.
- Fremont: This German name means the one who will protect liberty.
- Harry: It comes from the English language.
- Nassir: This Arabic name is at once exotic and lyrical.
- Ned: It’s a shorter version of the name Edmond.
- Reinhold: The German name refers to a wise protector.
- Ray: A classic English name that is short and easy to remember. It means a wise protector.
- Salman: It is one of the most popular and most recognized names in India.
- Sasha: A lovely Russian name that is equally lyrical and exotic.
- Skoldolfr: Pronounced as Skoldof, the Icelandic name means a protector wolf.
- Sigmund: The German name means a victorious protector.
- Aasim: A beautiful Indian name.
- Amanpal: It is a lyrical Indian name which means the one who protects peace.
Baby Boy Names That Mean Survivor:
- Sanosuke: This name from Japan sounds straight out of a mythological and fighter story.
- Sarid: It is a beautiful and romanticized name that comes from the Hebrew culture.
[ Read: Baby Names That Mean Leader ]
Baby Boy Names That Mean Fighter:
- Cayden: While it sounds a very modern name, you can also use this Gaelic name for its strong appeal.
- Barin: Coming from the Teutonic culture, the name rings in exotic and unique.
- Dustin: It is a very modern name that also has a following in the English and American cultures.
- Borya: This Russian name will be perfect if you want a touch of exotic and class to your baby’s name.
- Clovis: Another very interesting sounding name which comes from the German culture.
- Ludwik: Go for this German name if you’re looking for a strong yet modern name.
- Boryenka: The very lyrical name comes from the land of Russia and is at once strong and beautiful.
- Cathair: The name from Ireland is lyrical and strong.
- Devante: Coming from Spain, it means the one who fights for the wronged ones.
- Kileona: Isn’t this name from Hawaii absolutely unique?
- Herold: The name that comes from the Dutch culture sounds classic and elegant.
- Safdar: Try this beautiful name that comes from Africa and means the one who will wipe out all borders in fighting.
[ Read: Baby Boy Names Inspired By Kings ]
Baby Girl Names That Mean Warrior:
- Aife: The pretty little name from Ireland sounds extremely feminine, but comes with a strong meaning too.
- Cahira: It is a beautiful sounding name that is lyrical and comes from Ireland.
- Clodovea: The very unique name from Spain sounds extremely exotic, and will at once attract attention.
- Dustine: Coming from the American culture, it is a modern name that will sound pretty too.
- Eferhild: The English name that sounds at once classy and intriguing has a beautiful meaning too. It means a warrior maiden.
- Elda: It is a beautiful, short and sweet girl warrior name from Italy.
- Emlyn: Just as the name sounds sweet, it also has an equally strong meaning. The English name means a brave and noble warrior.
- Gertrude: The German name is at once modern yet exotic, and means an adored warrior.
- Hida: The short and easy to pronounce name comes from Germany.
- Kayleigh: The beauty of this name is that it is at once exotic as well as modern. It is a Scottish name.
- Bellatrix: This name sounds as if it is taken out of a dystopian or mythological story.
- Boyana: The short and lyrical name is the feminine version of the male name Boyan.
- Griselda: As a combination name, it uses two different words, gris, which means ‘grey,’ and hilda, which means ‘battle.’
[ Read: Superhero Baby Names ]
Baby Girl Names That Mean Protector:
- Alessandra: The Italian name sounds so royal and mythological at the same time.
- Alexa: This pretty Greek name means the one who will protect mankind.
- Amyntas: A lyrical and beautiful Latin American name.
- Arminda: Another Latin American name which means the protector of mankind.
- Axelia: The name sounds appropriate for a fantasy story and comes from Greece.
- Deandra: It is a beautifully lyrical and exotic English name which means a divine protector.
- Delmira: Another beautiful name from Germany meaning a noble protector.
- Meredith: The Celtic name that sounds mythological means the protector of the sea.
- Kendria: This royal sounding English name means just that, a royal protector.
- Lexi: A short and sweet name from Greece.
- Ilma: The short and exotic sounding name from Germany means a resolute protector.
- Rosabella: A noted protector, the name comes from Germany.
- Ritza: This extremely exotic German name means a noted protector.
- Sezia: This beautiful Russian name is at once lyrical and exotic.
- Alastair: This Scottish name is at once modern, yet has a fabled ring to it.
- Alesta: The beautiful Scottish name is sure to garner attention and admiration.
[ Read: Saint Baby Names ]
Baby Girl Names That Mean Survivor:
- Tesha: This sweet and short name from India is at once modern and unique.
- Jaelyn: Doesn’t it sound like a dystopian name with a young fighter and survivor as the heroine?
Baby Girl Names That Mean Fighter:
- Caden: The name that comes from American can be used for a girl as well as for a boy.
- Evin: It may sound sweet and short, but this powerful and classic name from England means a strong and feminine fighter.
- Heloise: This beautiful French name has such a mythological and fighter-clan kind of appeal to it.
- Imelda: If you want a name that is at once sweet and powerful, as well as exotic, this Spanish name comes with huge recommendation.
- Louella: Strong and feminine, this name from France mixes both the traits with ease.
- Evanna: The feminine form of the name Evan refers to a young and brave fighter.
- Heilwig: The Old High German name is combined with two different words – heil, which means healthy and wig, which means battle.
- Borghildr: The Old Norse name sounds as unique and lyrical as it is powerful. It brings to mind the image of a fearless female fighter.
- Louisa: While it does not sound as powerful, the lyrical and pretty name does mean the one who is a strong and valiant fighter.
- Zoe: Currently at number 33, this name is the Greek equivalent of fighter.
[ Read: Strong And Powerful Baby Girl Names ]
All the names shared above come with some very powerful meanings. From warrior to protector to fighter and survivor, the names are a powerhouse of strength, fearlessness, and an indomitable spirit. Do read out each name individually to understand how it will sound when you speak it out loud. Also, take a look at exactly what meaning you are looking for, and make your selection accordingly.
Moms, did you like the names we shared above and do you think they truly represent a fighter and strong spirit? If your kid also shares any warrior baby names mentioned above, or if your kid’s name means any of the above but is not in the list we shared, do write in the comments below to help out other moms.
- 50 Majestic Baby Names That Mean Miracle Or Blessing
- 65 Fierce Adventurous And Outdoorsy Baby Names For Girls And Boys
- 75 Most Amazing Baby Names That Mean Hope And Faith
- 200 Popular Baby Names Meaning ‘Gift From God’
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017