Archimedes Owl Barn Owl Coloring Burrowing Owl Collared Scoops-Owl Eurasian Eagle Owl Great Gray Owl Halloween Owl Long Eared Owl Northern Hawk Owl Pictures Northern Pygmy Owl O for Owl Oriental Bay Owl From the Winnie Pooh Owl Professor Owl Snowy Owl Large Eye Owl Spotted Wood Owl Striped Owl Tawny Owl Catch a Rat with Beak Western Screech Owl Owl Sitting on Branch An Owl Angry An Cute Owl Great Horned Owl to Color Owl Coloring Pages Western Screech
- Free Printable Bats Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Do
- Free Printable Spider Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- Free Printable Halloween Pumpkin Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- 10 Cute Kangaroo Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 25 Cute & Funny Dog Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
Owls are popular birds in the avian kingdom. These mysterious birds are known for their distinct facial appearance and nightly prowling. The vivid coloration of owl help them blend into their surrounding landscapes, which furthermore add to their mysterious character. They have the ability to fly silently, especially during the twilight hours.
Owls are depicted as the wisest birds in children’s tales and folklore. They have long been objects of fascination with people of all ages. The difficulty to spot these birds openly adds to their enduring appeal. Their huge eyes and abundant feathers have made them popular amongst children.
Top 25 Cute Owl Coloring Pages:
Here is a small collection of owl coloring sheets for children of all ages. These coloring pages of owls will enhance your child’s knowledge of owls in a fun way. The article portrays this bird in both realistic and cartoon forms. The realistic owl pictures to color will help them learn a lot about the appearance of a real owl and the varying patterns of these birds will allow them to experiment with various colors.
1. Barn Owl:
Here is a barn owl coloring sheet for the bird lovers. You and your child can color this barn owl while reading some fun facts about it. It will help him build fine motor skills, which will help him have a better handwriting in the future.
- Barn owl is one of the most famous of all species of owls. It is large bird with reddish brown feathers. It has a pale yellow mouth and bronze colored feet. Your child can use these for coloring this owl.
- The lopsided ear apertures of these owls allow them to pay attention to even the slightest of movements from varied angles. They attack their victims mainly on uncovered plains.
[ Read: Bird Coloring Pages ]
2. Long Eared Owl:
This is a coloring sheet of a long eared owl. Does your child bother you with questions like why it is called a long eared owl? Then read out some fun facts about it while he is busy coloring.
- Long eared owls have short to normal ears, but with feather clumps that resemble the ears.
- The long eared owls mainly hound on animals like bats, squirrel, kangaroo, deer and chipmunks.
3. Barred Owl or Hoot Owl:
Barred is a standard sized owl of brownish gray in color. It has several upright marks on its upper body.
- A vociferous owl usually resides in hollow spaces in the trees.
- Barred owl is found commonly in North America and South Canada.
4. Northern Hawk Owl:
Northern hawk owl is a beautiful owl. This type of owl exhibits deceptive eyes at the rear of the skulls.
- Northern hawk owl possesses an extended tail that helps it change direction while hounding in the deep jungle.
- It is usually found in Norway, Finland, Siberia, Norway, Northern China and parts of Central Asia.
5. Burrowing Owl:
Not every bird lives in trees and same is the case with burrowing owl. This species of owl takes up residence in prairie dog burrows.
- The burrowing owl has a spherical and slightly brown facial frame. It has a gentle, bronze shaded skull and a pale yellow abdomen. Female burrowing owls are comparatively darker in shade than male owls.
- It fabricates shells at the land, making it vulnerable to enemies.
[ Read: Cat Coloring Pages ]
6. Northern Saw Whet Owl:
Northern Saw Whet Owl is a 6 to 8 inches long owl and is one of the smallest owls found in North America.
- Its call is reminiscent of a saw that is being sharpened on a whetstone, thereby giving it its name.
- The northern saw whet owl has a big skull and undersized tail. It has reddish brown feathers at the rear. They hound their victim at sunrise and twilight.
7. Eurasian Eagle Owl:
Also known as, the largest species of owl, the Eurasian eagle owl is one of the most widely found owls in the world. It is larger than snowy owl, with a wingspan of 5 to 6 feet.
- Eurasian eagle owl is a powerful predator and can consume everything, from small mammals to snakes.
- Eurasian eagle owl is found in the Middle East, North Africa and Europe.
8. Elf Owl:
This is one of the interesting owl coloring pages to print. Did you know that there is an owl as small as 5 inches in length? This species of owl is known as elf owl. Teach your child more about the elf owl with this fun sheet.
- Elf is an undersized owl with a spherical skull and a brownish-red frame.
- It has a dumpy tail with stripes and slightly greyish abdomen.
9. Snowy Owl:
Print out this beautiful coloring sheet of a snowy owl to help your child know more about the Mother Nature. Tell your child to read out the fun facts on this sheet. This will boost their knowledge of this beautiful bird.
- Snowy owls are one of the largest and heaviest species of owl. They are primarily found in the Arctic tundra of North America, Asia and Europe.
- It has a spherical skull and a colorless body with gloomy marks. Female owl has a greater number of marks while the male has no marks at all.
10. Great Gray Owl:
The great gray owl is the world’s largest owl, but not the heaviest.
- This type of owl usually resides in the Northern side of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Asia, Europe and Minnesota.
- It has fluffy feathers and a long tail that belies a small body.
[ Read: Puppy Coloring Pages ]
11. Spectacled Owl:
Spectacled owl is a resident of Southern Mexico, South America and Central America. It usually prefers living in dense, old growth rain forest.
- The owl has a murky, bronzed structure with a yellowish white abdomen. It has a colored strip that encircles their frame, which makes it look like it is wearing spectacles.
- Spectacled owl usually preys on small mammals and frogs, mouse and possum at night.
12. Great Horned Owl:
The great horned owl is one of the most widespread and adaptable owls in America.
- They are one of the biggest owl species in the world.
- Unlike the name, the great horned owl does not have horns. They have feathery tufts instead.
13. Western Screech Owl:
The Western screech owl is found along the Western side of Northern and Central America.
- They are found in open woods or the edges of the forest, inhabiting in cavities excavated and abandoned by the woodpeckers.
- They have murky borders all over their spherical face.
14. Tawny Owl:
The tawny owl is a medium sized owl belonging to the family of Strigidae. It builds a nest in a tree hole that it used to give protection to its chicks.
- The tawny owl has asymmetrically placed ears, which allows them to pinpoint their prey in the dark. It inhabits the regions of Western Europe, Central Asia, Scandinavia and North Africa.
- Tawny owl is a non-migratory bird with exceptional eyesight. It is extremely aggressive and does not allow anyone to approach its nests.
15. Northern Pygmy Owl:
The Northern pygmy owl is a small owl native to North and Central America.
- It has a small, round head and long, barred tail that is cocked at an angle. Unlike the other species of owl, the northern pygmy owl is diurnal. It is active at both dawn and dusk.
- It is a secretive owl and tends to perch in thickets where it is safe from the predators. It is an unsocial bird and remains solitary much of the year.
[ Read: Giraffe Coloring Pages ]
16. Striped Owl:
The striped owl is a medium sized owl with large ear tufts and brown, white facial disk. It has black beak and cinnamon colored eyes.
- This beautifully marked species of owl is found in Central and South America, but is not easily spotted because it is nocturnal. It usually inhabits the marshlands and woodlands.
- The striped owl is often seen at dusk coursing low over the ground, hunting. It feeds on birds, arthropods, birds and large insects.
17. Spotted Wood Owl:
The spotted wood owl is an owl of the earless owl genus. It is a sad faced owl found in Java, Philippines, South East Asia and Sumatra.
- It prefers forest or woodland to thrive. It is also found near water, usually in pairs or solitary.
- The striped coloration of this owl helps it to hide in the twigs and shaded canopy.
18. Collared Scoops-Owl:
This coloring sheet shows a cartoon image of collared Scoops owl perching on a tree branch. The collared Scoops owl is a resident breeder in South Asia, especially east to south China.
- It is a small owl found in forests and other well-wooded areas. It has small head tufts or ears. Its upper part is gray or brown colors, depending on the subspecies.
- The collared scoops are often located by small birds crowding it while it tries to roots.
19. Oriental Bay Owl:
The oriental bay owl is an unusual looking owl found throughout the Southeast Asia. It is the part of the barn owl. It has a heart shaped face with ear like extensions.
- The oriental bay owl is nocturnal and is found throughout the Southeast Asian. They prefer habitats like woodland, plantations and mangrove swamps to thrive.
- A population of this species had become extinct on the Samar Island during the 20th century.
20. Eastern Screech Owl:
Is your child an animal lover? Then hand him this sheet featuring a eastern screech owl. Tell some fun facts about it as he colors the sheet.
- The Eastern screech owl is a relative of the Western screech owl. It is usually found in North and Central America.
- It is a small sized owl with round head, yellow eyes and a yellow bill.
21. Professor Owl:
Here is a coloring sheet of professor Owl, a blue anthropomorphic owl that featured in classic Disney cartoons like Melody and Toot.
- The Professor owl was also the host of early videos and introduction songs. His goal in life is to teach great music to his students.
- He is a short, and obese owl who is always shown wearing black spectacles.
The owl you see here is a character from A.A. Milne’s “Winnie the Pooh”. It is based on the stereotype “wise old owl”.
- It is considered the smartest resident of the Hundred Acre Wood. He narrates long stories involving his relatives to the other residents of the Acre Woods.
- This anthropomorphized owl has a light tan plumage on his underside and brown plumage on this head and tail. The area around his eyes is slightly darker than the rest of his face.
Archimedes is the protagonist of the film “The Sword in the Stone”. He is a brown colored owl with yellow eyeballs and orange beak and feet.
- He is the pet owl of Merlin, who has the ability to speak like a human. He also has amazing monitoring skills.
- He is an educated owl who possesses a great deal of practical knowledge. He is intelligent, grumpy, funny and sarcastic.
[ Read: Zebra Coloring Pages ]
24. O for Owl:
- Are you trying to help your child identify the letters and sounds that go with them? Then here is a coloring sheet for him.
- This fun colouring sheet will help your child practice writing the uppercase and lowercase letter.
- Tell your child to write the names of other things starting with the letter 0.
25. Halloween Owl:
Give your child an opportunity to show off his artistic talent with this coloring sheet. The diagram features this nocturnal bird perching on a tree branch with a night scape in the background.
- Tell your child to bring out his green, yellow and brown crayons to add some color to this detailed picture.
- Print out this coloring sheet to keep your child and his friends busy as you prepare for the Halloween party.
These free printable owl coloring pages online, depicting different breeds of owl will help your child learn about this amazing nocturnal bird while exploring his artistic abilities. You can also create your own owl coloring book.
Encourage your child to try out vibrant colors on the beautiful patterned bodies of an owl. You can also use owl coloring pictures to print for Halloween activities and school projects.
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 133 Most Popular Uzbek Baby Names For Girls And Boys - June 2, 2017
- 85 Untapped Hmong Baby Names Perfect For Girls And Boys - May 29, 2017
- 200 Cheerful Afrikaans Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 25, 2017