The joy of being a new parent is accompanied by several hormonal effects on your body, especially your skin. You may have had radiant and clear skin before, but that may not continue during and after pregnancy. Dark patches, stretch marks, dry skin or spots are all common during this phase due to hormonal changes, stress levels, and tiredness.
However, most of these skin changes are harmless and do not always need medical attention but a little bit of care. While you have been doing a fantastic job of giving birth and raising a human, you need to take some time every day to focus on yourself. Before taking any remedial steps, know about the various skin problems you are likely to face.
Skin Problems During Pregnancy
- Most expectant women are prone to the ‘mask of pregnancy’ due to hormonal havoc. Elevated progesterone and estrogen levels trigger melanocytes, causing dark spots on the skin (known as chloasma or melasma gravidarum).
- Hyperpigmentation results in darkening of the skin especially in the less-exposed parts such as the groin and armpits.
- Dark, puffy eyes could be the result of exhaustion as well as poor blood circulation.
- Red, flaky patches on the face are part of skin issues during pregnancy.
- Acne is very common because of increased secretions from oil glands, clogged pores, and serum build-up.
- Post pregnancy, a few women may have a red rash around their mouth and chin or suffer from extremely dry skin.
- The most prominent among the skin effects are stretch marks. They do not disappear completely but can lessen with persistent care. They just turn less noticeable in coming years.
These problems disappear some time after the delivery but what you need to do is nurture your delicate skin back to its original glow.
How To Deal With Skin Issues?
Let’s face it. As a new mom, you hardly have any time. It is easier said than done to take some time for yourself.
Understanding the requirements of a new mom, Himalaya has launched Himalaya for Moms Soothing Body Butter.
The well-researched product attempts to address your skin problems during and after pregnancy, as it moisturizes your skin to keep it soft, supple and glowing.
Just like its other products, Himalaya brings in the goodness of herbs through Himalaya for Moms Soothing Body Butter. It includes cocoa butter, glycerine and vitamin E.
- Cocoa butter soothes dry skin. The natural antioxidant hydrates and balances the skin.
- Glycerin is a humectant that locks in moisture to keep skin hydrated.
- Vitamin E is also an antioxidant that protects the skin from damage and irritation.
The product does more than just moisturizing and hydrating your skin. It rejuvenates your mood through its aromatherapy. Himalaya for Moms Soothing Body Butter comes in three relaxing fragrances — rose, lavender and jasmine.
Lavender helps to keep the mind calm, jasmine rejuvenates the senses and rose brightens the mood.
If you are worried about the side-effects of chemical-based body creams on your skin, which is very sensitive during and post pregnancy, Himalaya is the best product for you. The soothing body butter cream is backed by extensive scientific research to ensure its safety and efficacy.
The cream is available in 50ml, 100ml and 200ml bottles. Apply it twice a day all over your body through gentle massage, especially in dry areas.
After undergoing the troubles and turbulences of pregnancy, you totally deserve the best products to soothe your skin! Use the right products, keep your worries aside and enjoy your motherhood!
Latest posts by Sumana Maheswari (see all)
- Missing Your Pre-Pregnancy Skin Glow? You Can Get It Back! - September 23, 2016
- 30 Educative And Fun Water Animal Facts For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Triple Screening In Pregnancy - Essential Elements, Process And Accuracy - March 31, 2016