A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning – Brad Henry.
Teachers play very important roles in shaping the future of your child. Activities for Teacher’s day celebrations are a way to celebrate the unparalleled contribution of the teachers in your child’s life. Teachers love the activities performed and the fun games hosted by students on this day. It gives an opportunity to your child to come closer to her teacher and develop a strong bonding.
If you are looking for some easy as well as super fun ideas to make this Teachers’ Day celebrations memorable, make sure you scroll down and check out our post.
6 Fun And Interesting Teachers Day Activities:
You can encourage your child to improvise a wonderful plan with the rest of her friends for a special celebration on the eve of teacher’s day. Here are some fun celebration ideas and activities for teachers day, that can make every teacher feel special:
1. Stage Performances:Sponsored
This particular teachers day activity for kids is definitely the best way to express their emotions. To be a sure entertainer, ask your child not to discuss any plans with the teachers. Following are some interesting stage show performances that your child can try:
- Live band performances involving the school band is a good idea.
- Children can dress up as teachers and mimic them. However, your children must not end up disrespecting them in any way. Harmless fun can be enjoyed by all. Teachers will love to see their replicas on stage.
- You can encourage your child to organize dance competitions. Students, who love dancing, will love to grab the offer.
- Dramatic activities that put up the scenarios in classrooms can be an interesting way of entertaining teachers. It can be a wonderful way to interact with the teachers.
- If you think your child is a proficient singer, encourage her to sing for her teachers. Again, teachers can be encouraged to participate in a singing competition. Make sure there are prizes for the winners.
[ Read: Teacher’s Day Wishes, Quotes & Poems ]
2. Teacher’s Day Games:
Children can organize outdoor or indoor games for teachers. Here are some ideas:
- Football games.
- Scrabble contest.
- Carom competitions.
- Basketballs are some exciting ideas.
These teachers day activity ideas can be followed by prize distribution, for which you can take help of a non-teaching staff and organize together with your child.
3. Arrange Informal Chatting Sessions:
Teachers’ day is a wonderful occasion when children can engage in informal talk with their mentors.
- You can encourage your child to engage in free flowing discussions.
- This can help clarify their academic thoughts and rectify their negative traits.
4. Thanking The Teachers:
Teachers’ day celebration is the best way your child can express her gratitude to her teachers.
You can encourage her to develop speeches, organize parties with others in class or dedicate quotes to teachers.
5. Arrange A Picnic:
Another interesting way to celebrate teacher’s day. Your child with her friends can arrange a surprise picnic for their teachers.
Children can carry cameras, umbrellas, beverages, snacks, tissues and baskets, which constitute the picnic essentials.
Children can decorate the staff rooms and hallways. You can share interesting ideas with your child, like writing special messages on the board and decorating with balloons, ribbons and cards.
You can also encourage your child to draw “World’s Best Teacher” certificate and gift to her teacher.
Teacher’s day is one of the occasions that teachers as well as students look ahead to. Every school and educational institute has its own of celebrating this special day. You can share teachers day activity ideas and plans to help your child make her teachers feel special.
Two Fun Games For Teachers Day:
1. Make A Rectangle:
Here is a fun game that your kid’s teachers will love playing on Teachers’ Day. In a role reversal of sorts, your little one will instruct them to play properly.
- Ask your kid to blindfold all his teachers. Now, he should divide his teachers into different groups with about five to six members in each group.
- He should now hand out a rope to each group.
- The members of each group have to try and form a rectangle.
- Add some fun rules to make it a little challenging for the teachers, such as no one should touch or instruct each other, and no giggling.
2. The Couch Game:
Now here is one of the funniest teachers day games to play that will surely take your kid’s teachers go down their memory lane and recall the good old days of childhood.
- Before the game begins, ask your kid to divide his teachers into two different groups.
- Take a few sheets of paper and cut them up into small chits. Now write down the names of all the teachers on the pieces of paper and place them in a bowl.
- Randomly ask your kid to start picking out the pieces of paper and give them one by one to each teacher.
- Now, your kid should ask all the teachers to sit down in a circle. Four teachers have to sit on a couch and the rest have to sit on chairs. Keep an extra chair.
- The teacher who has the empty chair on her left has to call out a name to try and get someone from the opponent team off the couch. The person who has that name on the paper will get up and sit on the empty chair and swap the paper with the teacher who called the name.
- Each teacher with an empty chair on their left keeps calling a name until only all the teachers on the couch are from the same team.
Celebrating and recognizing roles of the educators is something that you should teach your child from the very childhood. This is a good way to encourage your child to get closer to her teachers. Just the way teachers encourage students to excel in their academics, the teachers too shall love to be appreciated for all the efforts they put in.
Moms share with us how you encourage your child to participate in World Teachers Day activities in the comment section below.
Reference : 1
- 10 Team Building Activities That Will Keep Your Kids Busy All Summer
- 10 Fun & Easy Activities To Do With Your Kids This Summer
- 12 Exciting Activities To Do With Your Family This Weekend
- 7 Great Wild Animal Craft Activities For Your Kids
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015