Behind every successful man is a woman. And if the man is married, then the woman is definitely his wife.
The role of a wife is so crucial that she can either make or break a family. She gives her husband the strength to succeed, she nurtures her children to stay healthy and do well in their life, and she has the ability to take care of every minute detail at home.
So, what exactly does a wife do that she is so important to her family? MomJunction lists out the role of a wife in a man’s life. You may read about the role of a husband here.
The Role Of A Wife
Marriage transforms the life of a woman; from a pampered carefree girl, she evolves into a responsible wife ready to take on the duties of a wife. Let’s see what those duties are:
- Love him unconditionally: In a marriage, a man wants to be liked, loved, and appreciated just like a woman does. As a wife, give unconditional love to your husband physically and emotionally. Appreciate him generously and nurture him as your child. And what do you get in return? His unconditional love, of course.
- Help him: Who said men don’t need help? All of us need help and support. Become your husband’s helping hand during tough times. Whenever he seeks your help, be proactive in supporting him. He will do the same when you require his assistance.
- Keep his honor/ dignity: Don’t talk negative about your husband to your family, friends, or relatives. Don’t fight with him or criticize him in front of others. Don’t indulge in gossiping about your husband. If you have any issues, sort it out between the two of you.
- Support him: A wife should stand by her husband and work together as a team. Whether it is daily routines or achieving long-term goals, you need to support your husband in all his ventures and endeavors. He will be glad to have you beside him in every step he takes.
- Be available: A wife needs her husband’s company, and a husband needs his wife’s. Be there for him when he wants to talk to you. Listen to him and advice him if required, and take care of his needs. It shows that you love and care for him.
- Respect him: Respect is mutual. Value his opinions and respect him for what he is. If you disagree with him, do not disrespect him but put across your point softly. When you give respect, you earn respect.
- Fulfil his needs: It is amusing and sometimes annoying too to see your husband depend on you like a child. Don’t be surprised if your husband can’t find the things that are right in front of him, and seek your help to find them. Don’t wonder why he doesn’t appreciate your presence; instead just go away for two days and see how much he would miss you. A wife is that important to fulfil a man’s needs.
- Be faithful to your husband: Once married, you have to remain loyal and committed to your husband, no matter what. Do not give him scope to question your faithfulness. And expect the same from him.
- Seek his opinion: When you seek your husband’s opinion, it doesn’t make you any lesser. In fact, it shows you value his opinion and respect him.
- Cook for him: Dish our healthy meals for your husband as well as you. Avoid the temptation of grabbing some junk food on the way to work. You may ask your husband to help you in the kitchen, and that could be a good way to spend more time with each other.
- Respect your in-laws: Irrespective of the differences in culture or lifestyle, respect them as they are your husband’s parents; you would want your husband to respect your parents, wouldn’t you?
- Take care of household duties: Keep the house in order, tidy and clean. Seek help from your husband and children. Allot them some duties to do every day. This way, each person feels responsible towards their role in the family.
- Be responsible: Being a responsible wife is a blessing to the family because she knows what to do and how to do. Be responsible in running the household, managing your finances, and taking care of your children.
- Be patient: Patience doesn’t come easily. When you are multi-tasking every day with your responsibilities at home, and things don’t go as you plan, the last thing you think about is patience. But try having it and you will not regret. Imagine, you are in a hurry to rush to work, your husband asks you something silly and you blast him. But later in the day, you realize that he was only trying to be playful with you. Had you been more patient in the morning, the day would have been better both for you and your husband.
- Educate your children: Parenting is a responsibility of both the mother and father. But, a mother plays a significant role in educating her children, as she understands them inside-out, and has the patience and time to sit with them.
- Safeguard your home: You must protect your home from strangers and people who try to inject venomous thoughts in your family members. You should also keep away yourself from individuals who have a lot of negativity in them.
- Take care of yourself: No, this is not the last thing to do. In fact, you should focus on yourself before you take care of others because your family can be happy and healthy only if you are happy and healthy. Don’t burden yourself with responsibilities. Seek help from the others in the family, take a break and relax. This will keep you smiling and a smiling wife will be the most pleasing thing to see for a husband.
Marriage becomes a beautiful journey when you provide for, nurture, and complement each other. As a wife, you might want to give it your best shot while maintaining your dignity and self-respect.
What do you think about the role of the wife in a marriage? Let us know in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Kalpana M (see all)
- Role Of A Wife: 17 Things To Do For A Happy Marriage - May 1, 2018
- 101 Relationship Problem Quotes That Strike A Chord - April 4, 2018
- Planning A Baby Shower: 10 Vital Things To Consider And A Checklist To Have - March 21, 2018