Pregnancy is a wonderful stage. You will go through a lot of emotional and physical changes during this phase. These changes are caused due to change in hormonal levels.
You may come across many discomforts during pregnancy and to overcome them is very necessary to stay fit and happy. To ease the discomforts you can opt for almond oil. But, is almond oil safe during pregnancy? It is better if you would consult your healthcare It is economical and also easily available. Before you take this step, it is recommend to consult consult your healthcare provider regarding possible risk factors of its use in pregnancy.
Closer Look At Almond Oil:
Almond oil has various benefits and here is some useful information:
- The oil is derived from the crunchy edible almond nuts.
- Almond oil is used as a major component in skin care products.
- It has a light texture and color with a mild nutty aroma.
- Those which are labeled as ‘roasted almond oil’ are used for cooking purposes.
Prevent Stretch Marks Using Almond Oil During Pregnancy:
Apart from adding them in your diet, you can also use almond oil to get rid of the stretch marks.
- Sweet almond oil is considered highly beneficial to prevent the formation of stretch marks.
- You can apply the oil in stomach, breasts, thighs and areas that are prone to stretching in pregnancy.
- You can improve elasticity in these areas by applying sweet almond oil daily.
[ Read: Aromatherapy Oils During Pregnancy ]
Deal With Dryness In Your Skin With Almond Oil:
Dryness is a common problem that results from hormonal imbalances. Common issues in pregnancy are:
- Pain in chest
- Upper back
- Dryness in different parts of the body like legs and arms.
When you choose beauty products during pregnancy, you need to be very careful. Almond oil can be applied safely in any part of your body. To enjoy the best benefits, you can apply it before and after a shower.
Treatment Of The Perineal Area:
When you are pregnant, treatment of the perineal area becomes necessary. Let us have a look:
- The perineal area is situated between the vaginal opening and the anus. This area is prone to tearing during pregnancy because of childbirth.
- You can apply almond oil and massage the area for 5 minutes to make the skin supple and elastic.
- Almond oil used for applications contain essential properties that keep your skin soft.
[ Read: Olive Oil During Pregnancy ]
While almond oil is generally considered safe in pregnancy, you need to be careful before using it. Here are some considerations you must keep in mind:
- Do not use almond oil if you are allergic to it.
- Stop using it if you experience itching of any type.
- The oil is also used as a laxative at times, which is not recommended in your pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor before you take it as a laxative, as it might cause contractions and lead to premature labor.
[ Read: Primrose Oil In Pregnancy ]
You must avoid the bitter variety of almond oils during pregnancy which are manufactured from bitter almonds. Bitter almonds are known to increase the risks of birth defects in children.
Women around the world have been using sweet almond oil during pregnancy for ages. So, if you do not want to spend on more expensive products, go ahead and consult your doctor regarding the use of almond oil at this stage. Do not make the mistake of taking your own decisions, let the healthcare provider decide the right solution for you.
Hope this article helped you to know about usage of almond oil in pregnancy and its benefits. Don’t forget to share your views and prior experiences by commenting below.
- Is It Safe To Consume Evening Primrose Oil During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Consume Fish Oil During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Have Apple Cider Vinegar During Pregnancy?
- 7 Useful Tips To Reduce Skin Darkening During Pregnancy
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015