You are pregnant! What joy you must be feeling now… coupled with some worries too.
It is common knowledge that pregnant women tend to crave for healthy as well as, not so healthy foods. It is high time now that you need to focus on eating right, at this crucial time of your life.
Sample Diet Chart For Pregnant Women:
A healthy diet is one of the most crucial things you can do to ensure a healthy baby. Instead of having carbohydrates alone, we have here planned a healthy diet for your pregnancy, giving you wide varieties of choices.
|Type Of Meal||Suggestions|
Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Make it a good morning with these delicious foods that will fill you with energy and stamina. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast gives you energy and adds calories to your diet. It helps to restore your body’s blood sugar level after staying hungry for so many hours.
Never skip lunch either! Three proper meals a day is important for both you and your unborn baby.
|Snacks: Satisfy your hunger pangs in the early evening time with these following options.|
Early dinner keeps you feel light and stay healthy.
General Dietary Guidelines During Pregnancy:
Apart from following the above diet chart for pregnant women, it is prudent to remember some do’s and don’ts of your pregnancy diet plan, as given below.
- Do not diet while you are pregnant as it is dangerous for you and your baby.
- Aim for moderate size meals everyday and include lot of fluids such as water, smoothies, fresh juices and flat lemonade.
- Have a glass of milk just before you hit the bed.
- Avoid fried, fatty, spicy and sweet foods. Moderation is the key.
- Alcohol is a big NO, as it is not safe for you and your baby.
- Avoid caffeine as it can affect your placenta and affect your baby’s heart rate. Heavy caffeine consumption may create risk of miscarriage.
[ Read: Spicy Food During Pregnancy ]
The above diet plan is designed to provide all the essential nutrients and proteins for the well-being of you and your baby. Green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits and beans are high on our list. Enjoy these healthy foods and simplify your life in a delectable way. It is always best to consult your doctor before sticking to a healthy diet, as your doctor understands your pregnancy better.
Wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy! If you have more healthy ideas do share them with us.
- 15 Nutritious Fruits To Eat During Pregnancy
- 1st Month Pregnancy Diet – Which Foods To Eat And Avoid?
- 2nd Month Pregnancy Diet – Which Foods To Eat And Avoid?
- 3rd Month Pregnancy Diet – Which Foods To Eat And Avoid?
- 4th Month Pregnancy Diet – Which Foods To Eat And Avoid?