There is absolutely no need to fork out the expensive pureed foods for your baby when you can easily make them at home!
Everything that you prepare for your baby during the first two months of eating solids, you need to mash them or present them in pureed form. Steaming carrots are a good way to retain all vital nutrients. All you need is a pan with holes at the bottom to prepare a healthy and tasty carrot puree for your little one.
Babies grow rapidly at this stage and need a lot of energy for proper growth of their brains and bodies. You can thus consider adding a little fat to the vegetables in the form of pure butter, olive oil or margarine. Your baby is surely going to love you for this!
[ Read: Cow Milk For Babies ]
Steps For How To Make Carrot Puree For Babies:
Carrot is an extremely nutritious vegetable. A medium sized carrot yields around 3 ounces of puree. You can also mix it with other fruits, veggies and meat and present it in a different way. Here are the simple steps for making carrot puree for baby:
- Wash 1-2 medium sized carrots thoroughly and peel the outer skin with a peeler.
- Dice them into small pieces.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Pour the diced carrots when water starts boiling.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, till the carrots become tender.
- Drain the excess water and rinse off with cold water.
- Use a food blender or a food processor to puree the carrots to make a smooth paste.
- If necessary, add water.
- If your baby is around 10 months old, you can serve her small pieces of boiled carrot.
- You can use BPA free containers to store away the left over.
- Store them only for the next 3 days.
[ Read: How To Make Banana Puree For Baby ]
To add to the taste, you can mix the puree with other fruits and vegetables. You can try mixing the following:
- Green beans
- Brown rice
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
- Russet potatoes
[ Read: Weaning Foods ]
Useful Recipe Tips For Moms:
Since you would want your baby to get a highly nutritional diet to cater to the growing needs, make sure to do the best you can. Here are some ways:
- If you are using the carrot puree as her first food, you can mix breast milk with it to soften the paste. Your baby might love the food because of the familiar flavor that she is used to.
- If your baby is more than 6 months old you can introduce cow’s milk. Make sure she is not lactose intolerant. Talk to your doctor if she finds it difficult to digest.
- You can add the milk to the blender for a smoother consistency.
- You need to reduce the cooking time once your baby starts chewing foods comfortably. This will help retain the essential vitamins.
- You can use organic vegetables and offer her in the form of stews, soups or purees.
- You can add additional herbs like parsley and sage, while blending to add a new flavor.
[ Read: Baby Food Chart ]
It is highly essential that you consult with your pediatrician before introducing any new food, especially if she has some allergies. Usually pediatricians do not suggest making fresh beet, carrot or spinach purees, as these are rich in nitrates.
Making baby food yourself is the best choice as you know what goes into it. As you experiment with a variety of flavors, she gets the benefit of tasting something different every day. Make dinner a fun time for your baby. You will be surprised to see how fast she learns to eat!
If you are a new mom, hope our carrot puree recipe for baby helps you feed your sweetie pie yummy food! Do share other style of making yummy carrot puree for babies with us mommies:
- 7 Yummy Fruit Purees For Your Baby
- 5 Easy Steps To Prepare Banana Puree For Your Baby
- What Is The Best Time To Wean Your Baby?
- Top 10 Baby Weaning Foods
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015