- Free Printable Snowman Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- Free Printable Rudolph ‘The Red Nosed Reindeer’ Coloring Pages for Your Little Ones
- Free Printable Spring Flowers Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 20 Beautiful Snow White Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Fall Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
A snowflake is one of the most exciting parts of the winter. The delicate and crystalline appearance of snowflakes makes them extremely appealing to children. The mere sight of snowflakes thrills children. Kids love to catch them with their tongue and watch them dance in the air. They also make snowballs, snow forts and snowmen with the snowflakes.
Snowflakes are accumulations of tiny crystals that crash together and fall from the sky at low temperatures. Interestingly, just like our fingerprints, no two snowflakes are alike. This article will teach your child, in a fun way, about the different types and shapes of snowflakes.
Snowflakes coloring pages are extremely popular with children of all ages. Here is a set of snowflake coloring sheets that your child can use anytime and anywhere. All you need to do is print out these free snowflake coloring pages for preschoolers.
1. Star Snowflake:
The star-shaped snowflake is the most common form of snowflakes. The star snowflakes often join to form larger snowflakes.
- The star-shaped snowflake is extremely delicate. It tends to break by the wind or due to midair collision with other crystals.
- This snowflake is formed under freezing temperatures of -15 degrees Celsius. It usually falls during the heavy snowstorms.
[ Read: Christmas Coloring Pages ]
2. Sided Snowflake:
Here is a coloring sheet of a sided snowflake.
- Sided snowflake is a form of crystal twinning in which two crystals are joined in a specific orientation.
- It is a six-branched crystal that falls occasionally during snowfall.
3. Snowflake Mandala:
Here is one of the complex coloring pages of snowflakes, called snowflake mandala.
- Hand this coloring sheet to your older child and tell him to color within the lines to produce a neat picture.
- This coloring sheet will also teach him about a special kind of art. Mandalas are used as spiritual teaching tools in Buddhist cultures. It is used to attain the state of mediation and relaxation.
4. Dendrite Snowflake:
Dendrite snowflakes are shaped like trees. It is a three-dimensional star crystal with branches and side branches. The branches connect randomly to a central structure.
- It is a large snow crystal with the size ranging from 2 to 4 mm in diameter.
- Dendrite snowflake features extensively in Christmas decoration. Dendrite snowflake shaped cookie cutters are also popular.
5. Geometric Pattern:
Here is an amazing geometric shaped snowflake coloring sheet for older children.
- Tell your child to review the hidden shapes he sees in this coloring sheet. Tell him to point out the advanced shapes like hexagons, pentagon and trapezoids. Do not forget to color the sheet in bright colors.
- Explain some of the concepts of geometry to your child after he finishes coloring the sheet. This will help him with his math lessons.
6. Bullet Snowflake:
Did you know how a bullet snowflake is formed? It is when a column shaped snowflake shrinks in size, attaining six sharp edges.
- A bullet shaped snowflake has a cylindrical shape with sharp ends. It usually contains three or four bullets that are connected together in the center.
- The bullet shaped crystals join together to form icy rosettes.
7. S For Snowflake:
Here is an alphabet-coloring sheet for your young one. It features a simple snowflake outline along with the message “S for Snowflake” written on it.
- Your little preschooler will learn the shape and sound of the letter S in a fun and creative way.
- Tell your child to spell out some other words starting with the letter S.
8. Snowman And Snowflake:
Here is an adorable coloring sheet featuring a snowman surrounded by snowflakes.
- Children love to make a snowman. They also love to play with snowflakes. This sheet has both – snowman and snowflakes.
- Your child will have an adventurous time coloring this sheet.
[ Read: Holiday Coloring Pages ]
9. Needle Snowflake:
Here is a beautiful coloring sheet of a needle-shaped snowflake. The needles may be hollow, solid or partially hollow.
- The needle snowflake is formed at extreme temperatures of -10 to -5 degrees.
- The needle snowflake tends to produce a stiff snow pack that can produce an avalanche under the right conditions.
Plate-shaped snowflakes are one of the most common forms of snowflakes. It is a thin, plate like flake with symmetrical markings.
- Plates are half formed stars. When they are in the process of growing into stars, due to the lack of water vapor in the atmosphere, they crystallize and form the limbs of the star.
- Plate’s snowflakes are usually formed at temperatures between -10 to -15 where there is a shortage of vapor in the atmosphere.
11. Snowflake Facts:
Here is a simple snowflake coloring sheet for your second graders. The coloring sheet contains important facts about the formation of snowflakes. Few facts are:
- The largest snowflake was reported to be 12 inches in diameter. It is believed to have fallen probably with a thud, in Siberia. Share some more fun facts about snowflakes as your kid colors the sheet.
- This coloring sheet will not only boost your child’s hand-eye coordination, but will also improve his reading skills.
12. Hexagonal Plates:
Here is a simple, hexagonal snowflake coloring sheet with an intricate pattern.
- Hexagonal plates, as the name suggests, is a six-sided snowflake. It is smooth and flattened, and has intricate patterns on it.
- Some hexagonal snowflakes also have a star pattern in the center.
Stellar snowflake is the most popular form of snowflakes. It is a six sided snow crystal.
- It forms under extremely cold conditions, especially when high levels of atmospheric moisture are present.
- It is used widely in holiday decorations all across the world.
[ Read: Polar Bear Coloring Pages ]
14. Elsa With Snowflake:
The beautiful woman you see here is none other than Queen Elsa, the deuteragonist of Disney’s animated film “Frozen”. While coloring Elsa, tell your child to use crystal blue color for the dress and blonde color for the braid.
- Elsa is born with the ability to create snow and ice. She is a snow queen with total control over the elements of ice and snow.
- With the help of her magical abilities, she can conjure and shape various things like snow flurries, snowflakes and blizzards.
15. Rimed Crystals:
This coloring sheet features a rimed snowflake. Celebrate a winter evening with your child with this enchanting coloring sheet.
- Rimed snowflake is formed when water droplets from clouds collide and stick to the snow crystals. These frozen droplets turn into rimed crystals.
- The rimed crystals assemble to look like a tiny snowball called graupel.
16. Heart-Shaped Snowflake:
Here is a beautiful heart-shaped snowflake-coloring sheet to get your child in the Valentine’s Day spirit.
- Tell your child to use several shades of pinks and blues to color this diagram.
- He can also use this diagram to make a greeting card. Print the image on a stock card paper and then let your child do the rest. He can utilize the blank space to write a message for his friends.
[ Read: January Coloring Pages ]
Celebrate winter with your little one with this snowflake coloring sheet. The coloring sheet features a huge snowflake surrounded by small snowflakes on each side.
- Tell your child to use either snowy colors or bright rainbow colors to fill these snowflakes.
- Alternatively, take a print out of this coloring sheet and color with your child over a cup of hot cocoa.
18. Radiating Dendrites:
Radiating dendrite snowflakes are formed when the pieces of polycrystals grow out into dendrites (tree-like). The radiating dendrite snowflake is also called spatial dendrite crystal.
- This snowflake is extremely thin and light and makes a low-density snowpack.
- This is a complex coloring sheet of radiating dendrite crystals. It shows a fernlike radiating dendrite with errant branches growing out of the main plane of the crystal.
19. Fernlike Stellar Dendrites:
In some conditions, stellar dendrites produce several branches that look like ferns instead of trees. The fernlike stellar snowflakes have a feather or powdery texture.
- Fernlike crystals are the largest snowflake crystals. They have a diameter of 5 mm or more. Despite their large size, the fernlike stellar dendrites are composed of a single crystal of ice.
- It makes a stunning sight when these crystals collect in vast numbers, covering everything in sight.
[ Read: Disney Halloween Coloring Pages ]
20. Celtic Snowflake:
Here is an intricate celtic snowflake pattern to improve your child’s handwriting and motor skills.
- Allow your child’s imagination to go wild while coloring this detailed diagram.
- This coloring sheet will give your child a taste of ancient Irish symbols.
Coloring the above free printable snowflake coloring pages online will work as a fun activity for your child during the winter vacation. These snowflake pictures to color are printable and can be used both at home and in the classroom. You can also create your own snowflake coloring book.
Mothers, do share with us in the comment box below which of these snowflake coloring pages to print your child liked the best.
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 65 Lord Rama Names For Baby Boy With Meanings - December 21, 2017
- 100 Magnificent And Royal Rajput Names For Boys And Girls - September 13, 2017
- 200 Hot Girl Names That Guys Are Most Attracted To - September 6, 2017