Are you tired of feeding your baby the same baby food over and over again? Do you wish to include some variety in her diet? Well, if you said yes, read our post, and include some homemade vegetable or fruit puree in your baby’s diet.
In the initial stages of your baby’s growth, it is important to include nutritious and vitamin-rich foods in her diet. As she won’t eat solid food particles, you can feed her mashed or pureed food. Thus, vegetable or fruit puree is good for increasing the nutritional intake. Here we look at some simple steps to make homemade puree for babies.
Steps To Make Vegetable Or Fruit Puree For Babies:
There are wide varieties of nutritious vegetables and fruits, which you can puree and feed your little ones. Here are some steps to make homemade baby purees with vegetable or fruits:
- Wash the vegetables or fruits with plain water and peel the outer skin with the help of a peeler.
- Dice them into small sized pieces.
- Add these pieces to boiling water and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and rinse off the boiled pieces with cold water.
- To puree the boiled vegetable pieces, put them into a food blender or mixer and grind to a smooth paste or vegetable puree.
- If the paste seems to be thick, you can add water to normalize the consistency of the puree.
- You can take out the puree in a bowl and feed it to your baby.
Steps To Refrigerate Pureed Foods For Your Babies:
Some of the steps to refrigerate pureed foods include:
- Once the puree is done, transfer the contents to a BPA-free container or an ice cube tray for freezing.
- Fill each cube of the ice tray properly and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- After the cubes are frozen, take them out of the ice tray and store them in freezer bags.
- Put a label on top of the freezer bag, to identify the type of vegetable and date of preparation.
- At the time of baby feeding, simple take out the food cubes and reheat them.
[ Read: Vegetable Puree for Baby ]
How Long Can The Pureed Baby Food Be Refrigerated?
Don’t refrigerate pureed foods for not more than 48 hours. However, fresh homemade pureed foods are always a high priority.
Vegetables And Fruits Used For Homemade Baby Puree:
Some of the vegetables and fruits you can use to make fruit puree for babies include:
- Green Peas
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potato
[ Read: Fruit Purees For Babies ]
Benefits Of Pureed Foods For Babies:
Pureed food is good for babies. Here we list some of its benefits of pureed baby food recipes, which include:
- Easily Digestible:
Making vegetable or fruit purees can help your baby digest food easily. Eating solid food particles is difficult for your 6-8 month baby, while he can easily consume nutrient-rich pureed food.
[ Read: Steps To Prepare Carrot Puree For Babies ]
- Nutrient And Mineral Intake:
Through nutritious vegetable and fruit puree, your baby consumes the proper amount of vital nutrients and minerals. All these elements boost the growth and development aspects of the baby and help him build a stronger immune system.
With so many health benefits, you may want to include such an important food in your baby’s diet. Making homemade baby puree recipes is the best choice for you. Consult your pediatrician, and learn more about pureed food recipes.
Did you include pureed food in your baby’s diet? Did your baby love the flavor? Did he dislike it? Tell us your story here.
- 6 Tasty Cherry Purees You Can Make For Your Babies
- 15 Yummy Chicken Puree For Babies
- 5 Health Benefits Of Kiwi For Your Baby
- 6 Simple Steps To Prepare Squash For Babies
- 5 Easy Steps To Prepare Banana Puree For Your Baby
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017