Congratulations mommy and daddy! After a long wait of those lovely nine months, you finally have a little bundle of joy in your arms. Or, maybe, you’ve just got the exciting news and can’t wait for the moment to arrive.
A new baby means many new things and toys, and one more thing that will be brand new is – a baby name.
For those of you who have been blessed with a little princess, or are in process of selecting a lovely girl name before your baby actually arrives, here are a few beautiful names you can take a pick from.
101 Cute Baby Girl Names For You:
Whether you are looking for a traditional or Pretty Girl names, Check out our pick of 101 pretty & cute baby girl names for you.
1. Azalea: This is a beautiful pink flower that most of us have seen around us, but don’t really know the name. TheAzalea is known for its beautiful pink petals and can be a very unique name for your daughter.
2. Dahlia: This name means a bunch of single beautiful flowers on a “valley”.
[ Read: Baby Girl Names ]
3. Daisy: This is the name of the beautiful white flower which is a flowering spring plant. It is one of the most common flower names around the world. It can be a simple, beautiful and elegant name for your bundle of joy.
4. Jasmine: The beautiful and fresh smelling flowers are known for their enchanting fragrance. The best part is that it is also the name of the beautiful princess Jasmine, from the classic story Aladdin, and is a favourite of children.
5. Lilac: Its a softer version of purple and is best described as a mix of soft purple and blue. The lilac flowers are one of the most beautiful flowering bunches.
6. Lily: This beautiful and big flowering plant has some striking colors and strong petals. It is known for its regalia and elegant look.
7. Rose: This flower or its name needs no special mention, but it can rightfully be said that this is one flower that has been made immortal with Shakespeare’s famous lines – “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet”. While rose also has a very religious reference, it remains one of the most commonly used names for girls.
8. Zinnia: This is a lesser known flower and can be a very unique name for your baby girl. The Zinnia flowers are beautiful multi-coloured small flowers that add vibrancy to any garden, come spring.
9. Poz: This is a very different, short and beautiful name which means peace.
[ Read: Short Names For Girls ]
10. Siri: This unique name means “beautiful victory”.
11. Mila: The word Mila is of Greek origins and means pleasant or friendly. It is also a word from the Swahili language which means “tradition”. A very famous Hollywood actress who shares the name is Mila Kunis.
12. Kahea: This again is a very unique name and is of Hawaiian origin. It means “heaven’s call”.
13. Enna: A beautiful name which means light.
14. Amal: The beautiful sounding word means ‘pure.’ It also means ‘obedience’ in different Indian languages like Hindi and Bengali.
15. Opal: The word has Sanskrit origins which means “gem”. It is also a very precious and rare stone that takes on various colours.
16. Pearl: This is the beautiful and rare stone that is found in the deep oceans. Each pearl takes ages to make and each one is unique and has its own different design.
17. Sapphire: The word means fire and it is also a beautiful yellow precious stone.
18. Nirupama: This name has Sanskrit origins. It means someone who is beyond comparison, who is unique.
19. Nirvana: Though the English band by the same name made this a globally famous word, the word actually carries has Indian origins. It means ‘a state of bliss and complete spiritual fulfillment.’
20. Ayanna: Much like your little one whose precious smiles and careless giggles make your heart warm up, this name means innocent.
21. Ayushi: This name has Hindu origins and means ‘a long life.’
22. Baruni: A very rare and uncommon word that is used to address the goddess Durga.
23. Bhanu: The word is used to refer to the sun. It is also another word for fame.
24. Aanya: This word with Indian origins means grace.
25. Aadhya: Aadhya is another name for the Indian goddess Durga
26. Anika: This is a very different and unique name which means grace and beauty.
27. Avani: The word avani is used in the Indian mythology to refer to the mother earth.
28. Myra: This word has Greek origins and has quite a few different meanings, ranging from fragrance of a flower with the same name to someone who is extraordinary.
29. Sara: An apt name for your little princess, the word has Hebrew origins and means princess.
30. Ira: This is a word with two different meanings in different languages. It means earth and it is also a reference to the goddess of learning, Saraswati.
[ Read: Latest Baby Girl Names ]
31. Aahana: This means ‘the first rays of the sun’, in a similar ways as your daughter is the first ray of joy in your life
32. Prisha: A beautiful name for your precious baby, it means ‘a gift from god.’
33. Anaya: If you feel that your baby princess is an answer to all your prayers, then this is the perfect name for her, as it means ‘an answer to your prayers.’
34. Eva: This is a name of English origin that means ‘to breathe’ or ‘life.’
35. Kyra: This is yet another short and unique name for your little baby, which refers to the Sun.
36. Anandi: This is a perfect name for your daughter who fills your world with joy. The word means ‘one who is full of joy.’
37. Bhuwana: The word with Sanskrit origins means ‘being’, much like your little baby who is now the reason for your being.
38. Charvi: The unusual and not so common name in India means ‘beautiful’, just as a daughter is to every parent.
39. Deepika: This is a Sanskrit word which means ‘the light from a lamp’ and is also the name shared by popular Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone.
40. Dhaani: The word means ‘green.’
41. Dhwani: A beautiful name which means sound.
42. Hansa: A very unique and different name that means ‘swan’.
43. Ila: This name resembles the word Ira and also shares the same meaning, which is ‘earth.’
44. Karuna: The word refers to someone who is kind or merciful.
45. Kaira: This lovely sounding word means princess and is perfectly apt for your little precious.
46. Kankana: A very different name with Indian origins which means ‘a bangle.’
47. Kusum: This beautiful name with Indian origins means ‘a budding flower.’
48. Lochana: This is a very unique name that is quite uncommon these days. The word is of Sanskrit origins and means ‘eyes.’
49. Megha or Meghana: Both mean ‘clouds.
50. Manasa: This is another word with Sanskrit origins. It means ‘thoughts.’
51. Mukti: The word with Hindi origin means ‘freedom.’
52. Nandita: The word with Sanskrit origins means ‘being happy.’ Famous Indian theatre artist Nandita Das shares the name too.
53. Namana: One might not hear this as a girl’s name often these days, but it does make for a unique and cute one nonetheless. It means ‘to bow’ and also ‘one who is humble.’
54. Nandini: Much like the revered holy cow of lord Shiva, Nandini means ‘a holy cow.’ The name has a pious meaning in India as cows hold high reverence in Hindu Mythology.
55. Nutan or Nutana: The word is a traditional Indian name and was also shared by the famous actress of yesteryears Nutan. It means ‘new.’
56. Neharika: The name means ‘the fresh morning dew.’
57. Nesara: A rather unique and different name that refers to the ‘sun’, the word is a synonym.
58. Nisarga: Many of us love the outdoors and this name is a reflection of that, which means ‘nature.’
59. Nidhi: A common name in India, it means ‘wealth.’
60. Nethra: A word with Sanskrit origins, it means ‘the eyes.’ The famous Indian model Nethra Raghuramanshares the name.
61. Paavan: The Hindi word means ‘pure.’
62. Paavni: An alteration of the Hindi word ‘paavan,’ this means ‘someone who purifies.’
63. Pankhuri: The name with Indian origins means ‘flower petal’.
64. Rachana: The word mainly means ‘creation’ and is a reference to the creation of the world.
65. Swara: Much like it sounds, the word is of Sanskrit origins and means ‘music.’ It also refers to the music notes that form the foundation of music.
66. Saadhwi: This word with Indian origins means ‘a powerful woman.’
67. Shakti: This is yet another name that is full of ‘power’. It is also a religious reference to the goddess ‘Parvati.’
68. Snigdha: The Sanskrit word means ‘something gentle, pure and nice.’
69.Swarna: Mostly used in the southern parts of India, the word Swarna is used to refer to ‘gold’ or ‘something that glows.’
70. Tara: This is a religious reference to the goddess Tara from the Hindu mythology. It is also another name in Hindi for ‘star.’ The Bollywood actress Tara Sharma shares the name.
71. Ujwala: A word that means ‘someone who is bright and shining.’
72. Unnathi: The word is of Sanskrit origins and is used as a reference to ‘success and growth.’
73.. Saanvi: It is another name to refer to the ‘goddess Lakshmi.’
74. Ananya: The word Ananya means ‘unique.’
75. Abhirupa: This is a beautiful and unique name and refers to ‘a beautiful woman.’
76. Afreen: A word of Arabic origins, it means ‘friendly and beautiful.’
77. Alak: The name means ‘someone with beautiful hair.’
78. Amelia: The name means ‘someone who is beautiful and trustworthy.’ It is also a popular children’s book character in the Amelia Jane series by the world’s best known children’s writer Enid Blyton.
79. Daanya: This is a unique and different name that means both ‘beautiful’ and ‘gift of god.’
80 .Faria: This beautiful and unique name means ‘someone who is kind, loving and beautiful.’
81. Guleen: This unique name means ‘someone with a beautiful smile.’
82. Ishu: It means ‘an angel’ or ‘one who has is beautiful and lovely.’
83. Kavini: This is a name with Sanskrit origins. It means ‘someone who writes beautiful poems.’
84. Kayal: The word is often used in Tamil and it means ‘eyes that are very beautiful.’ It also means ‘someone who loves others.’
85. Maliha: This name means ‘someone who has a very attractive personality.’
86. Maria: A word with Arabic origins, it means ‘beloved’ and is also a reference to one of Mohammad’s wives.
87. Najmah: This is the name of a beautiful star.
88. Oviya: This is a very different and unique name which means ‘a beautiful painting’ or ‘a drawing.’ It also refers to an artist.
89. Kirat or Qirat: A beautiful and very unique name that means ‘someone who recites beautifully.’
90. Ruchika: This name is used to describe a person ‘who is highly desirable.’
91. Sabita or Savita: A name that means ‘the beautiful sunshine.’
92. Saida: This beautiful name is perfect for your daughter, as it means what she is for you, ‘unmatched.’
93. Shasmeen: This name has Arabic origins and means ‘someone who has a heart of gold and can be trusted.’
94. Sreejata: It is used to describe ‘someone who is the best.’
95. Sucheta: It is used to describe a person who has ‘an alert and beautiful mind.’
96. Vishali: This is a reference to the Indian goddess. It is also used to mean ‘someone who is very giving and loving.’
97. Monica: It is a very common Indian name and means ‘a counselor and wise one.’
98. Sejal: This name usually refers to the ‘flowing river water.’
99. Vani: It is a name of an Indian origin and is a common reference to the goddess Saraswati. It also means ‘speech.’
100. Pratibha: This means ‘glory’ and ‘talent.’
101. Uma: This is a common name that is used as a reference to goddess Parvati.
These are some of the interesting & cute girl names you can choose for your new baby girl. These cute names for girls are a mix of the old and the new, and while some are known, others may be quite unique.
Hope you liked our 101 cute & sweet names for girls. Pick a name based on what your daughter means to you, and soon your life will be echoing with that one special name.
- 100 Nice and Beautiful Baby Girl Names with Meanings
- 50 Best Short Names For Girls With Meanings
- 4 Unique Ways To Choose Popular Girl Names
- 6 Useful Ways To Pick The Perfect Nick Name For Your Baby Girl
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- Things You Should and Shouldn’t Say To Your Husband - April 29, 2016
- Tips For Improving Communication With Your Spouse - April 29, 2016
- 21 Qualities Of A Good Wife - April 28, 2016