Throughout your pregnancy, you made sure you do your best to ensure the proper growth and development of your kid. Now that your little baby is growing, you may want to help him develop good habits and values, and what’s better than sitting down with your kid and reading out some good moral stories? There’s no better way to connect with your kid and help him learn more about the world and develop good habits!
When it comes to moral stories, the name ‘Panchatantra’ probably comes first to your mind. Here’s the story of three fishes from the Panchatantra along with a valuable moral you can read out to your child.
The Three Fishes Story:
The story of the three fishes is an interesting and engaging one. It is also one of the popular moral tales from the Panchatantra tales.
- Once upon a time, there lived three fishes in a pond. They were close friends and were living together for years, in the same pond.
- One day, a fisherman passing through the way saw that the pond was filled with fishes.
- He was surprised and delighted, and immediately informed his fellows about it. Together, they decided to come the next morning and catch those fishes.
- One of the three fishes, who was also the wisest, heard the conversation between the fisherman and his fellows.
- It immediately rushed to the other two and explained them the entire situation, and also suggested that they leave the pond immediately and move to another place.
- The second fish agreed and decided to move out from the pond quickly.
- The third fish, however, mocked at them. He felt that the pond was their home, and they must not leave their home.
- Since the other two fishes were unable to convince the third fish, they left the pond and decided to let him follow his own course of action.
- The next day, the fisherman and his fellows cast their nets and caught plenty of fishes. They also managed to catch the third fish, who had refused to leave the pond, while the other two fishes, who left earlier, were saved.
[ Read : Krishna Stories For Kids ]
One of the most prominent lessons and morals one can learn from this three fishes story is the importance of wisdom.
- It is important to act wisely when you foresee a problem.
- This story, among many other stories from the Panchatantra, doesn’t just inspire kids but also teaches them valuable lessons of life such as wisdom, intelligence, the importance of time and many others.
[ Read : Panchatantra Stories ]
Storytelling – Why Is It Important?
Your child is now growing and learning new things every day. It is during this stage of development that he or she needs to be exposed to good values and knowledge, and storytelling is a great and interactive way to do that.
- Storytelling helps inculcate the habit of reading in children.
- It also helps them enhance their knowledge and learn facts about animals, plants, objects and different parts of the world.
- It widens their horizons and allows them to think in a broader perspective.
- Storytelling also helps improve the vocabulary and allows children to learn new words.
- It also helps build better thinking skills and is an activity that helps them grow both emotionally and mentally.
[ Read : Animal Stories For Kids ]
Best of all, most children’s stories are short and crisp, and they won’t take a lot of time from your busy schedule. So now there’s no reason to ditch that bedtime story – is there?
We hope this article helped you with a story idea and also spend some quality time with your kid. Do let us know your views and experiences of spending these delightful moments with your kid in the comments section below.
[ Read : Mythological Stories For Kids ]
Happy storytelling time!
- The Thirsty Crow Short Story For Kids
- 10 Super-Spooky Ghost Stories For Your Kids
- ‘The Lion And The Hare’ Story For Your Kids
- The Story Of The Fox And The Stork For Your Kids
- The Story Of ‘Crane And The Crab’ For Your Kids
Latest posts by Enozia Vakil (see all)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis In Children - 7 Symptoms & 4 Remedies - January 16, 2017
- Canker Sores In Children - Causes, Treatment And Remedies - January 12, 2017
- 8 Helpful Language Development Tips For Children - July 30, 2015