Delhi is not just the capital of India, but is also its educational hub. With universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University, it houses some of the excellent education institutions in the country. When we talk about schools, the list is rather lengthy. So, we’ve separated top schools by their location. Here is our list of 15 top schools in and around East Delhi.
Top And Best Schools In East Delhi:
1. The Mother’s International School, Hauz Khas:
Founded on 23rd April 1956, and named after The Mother, the school believes in the teachings and principles of Sri Aurobindo. Situated in a calm and serene surrounding of Sri Aurobindo Marg, the school, resonates with the spiritual ambiance and has lush lawns with beautiful flower gardens that add to the spirituality of the school surroundings.
- The school has classes from LKG to XII.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows NCERT syllabus.
- The school values both spiritual and moral education, gives importance to co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and also to computer education.
- The school has a fully stocked library and house clubs for extracurricular activities.
- The school is proud of the facilities such as indoor games, gymnasium, dance and music rooms and hostel accommodation for residential students.
- It also has an air-conditioned computer, science and home science labs and fully functional medical rooms for regular checkups and medical needs of the students.
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi – 110016, New Delhi,
[ Read: Top Schools In Delhi ]
2. Gyan Bharati, Saket:
Founded in the year 1980, Gyan Bharati School is a progressive English medium school which believes in the notion of imparting the best possible and holistic education to their students in a very friendly environment, keeping in mind the culture and traditions of the country.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows NCERT syllabus.
- It has classes from kindergarten to higher secondary.
- The school values academic, co-curricular and extracurricular activities and believes in providing education through a technologically advanced environment and smart classes.
- The school offers for well lit and ventilated classrooms for ease of education.
- It also provides the students with technically advanced computer labs, science labs, and other facilities.
- Playgrounds, open spaces and parks and facilities for indoor games, music, dance, art and self-defense skills are also provided to the enrolled students.
Gyan Bharati School, Saket,
New Delhi – 110017
3. Birla Vidya Niketan, Pushp Vihar:
Founded by an eminent educationist Dr. Sarla Devi Birla, it is a progressive and English medium school that has been recognized by the Directorate of Education, Delhi.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows the syllabus laid down by the board members of NCERT.
- It has facilities for pre-nursery, nursery, primary, secondary and higher secondary standards.
- The school believes in nurturing the talents of the students in all fields, be it academics, sports, culture and the arts and has facilities and staff for the provision of the same.
- The infrastructure of the school is sound with a well-architected building, labs, proper sanitation facilities, indoor and outdoor spaces for games and activities.
- The school auditorium and stage are utilized for various sports and cultural festivities conducted annually.
Birla Vidya Niketan, Pushp Vihar,
Sector –IV, New Delhi-110017, India
4. Laxman Public School, Hauz Khas:
The school believes in the motto of “Be Yourself” and indulges the student in both academic, sports and cultural activities to impart the students with a holistic education.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE, and the syllabus is based on the guidelines set by NCERT.
- It has classes from kindergarten till higher secondary with facilities to choose from science, commerce, humanities and IT streams.
- The teaching staff and management believe in providing the students with wholesome education and have a fully developed infrastructure and highly qualified teaching staff.
- The school infrastructure consists of laboratories, sports facilities, medical and physiotherapy rooms, science parks and conference rooms.
- It also has well stocked and libraries for all levels, canteen and transport facilities too.
Laxman Public School,
Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi – 110 016
[ Read: Best Schools In South Delhi ]
5. Apeejay School, Saket:
Founded in the year 1988, by Dr. Stya Paul, it provides complete and holistic education facilities to the children so that they can achieve all their dreams and aspirations in life.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE board and follows the NCERT syllabus.
- It has classes from Kindergarten to Senior Secondary levels.
- In the Senior Secondary level, the students are provided the options of science and commerce for their higher education.
- The school has an area of around 1.87 acres approved by the DDA in the year 1982.
- The school boasts of fully functional laboratories, fully stocked libraries, computer rooms, LCD rooms, server rooms and open spaces for outdoor games.
- It also provides the students with science parks, herbal parks, and the kids zone for their entertainment and holistic education.
J-Block, Gurudwara Road,
Saket, New Delhi-110017
6. Amity international school, Saket:
Founded by the Visionary and educationist, Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan in 1991, it provides the students the scope for nurturing various talents and providing them with the options to explore their individuality and multiple Excellencies.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows the syllabus pattern set down by NCERT.
- It has classes that cover from Kindergarten to Senior Secondary levels.
- The school values both technological and value education and provides the students with smart classes and competent teaching staff.
- The campus has a fully fledged infrastructure and open spaces for outdoor activities.
- The school provides the students with spacious classrooms, laboratories, indoor and outdoor sports areas, auditorium and conference rooms.
Address: M-Block, Saket New Delhi – 110017.
7. The Indian School, Sadiq Nagar:
Founded in 1996 by the Gyan Mandir Society, the motto of the school is “Knowledge is Power” which portrays their dedication towards the education of the students.
- Being affiliated with the CBSE board, it follows a syllabus pattern that is in accord with the NCERT.
- The school has classes from pre-nursery till senior secondary level and believes in the holistic development of each student.
- The focus is on both moral and technological education.
- The infrastructure of the school is highly advanced with proper classroom, labs, libraries and other facilities.
- The open spaces and auditoriums and multipurpose halls serve for the provision of sports and cultural activities in the school.
- The smart classes and computer rooms provide the students with the scope to be at par with the advancement in every field of the society.
Josip Broz Tito Marg,
New Delhi – 110049, India
[ Read: Best Schools In Dwarka ]
8. St. George’s School, Alaknanda:
Founded in the year 1962 by Late Rev. Fr. V.C. George, a Christian Missionary priest, belonging to the Indian Orthodox Church, it is a minority institution run by the Christian minority.
- Framed according to the NCERT syllabus, the school is affiliated to CBSE.
- The school has classes from nursery to senior secondary levels.
- The management and the teaching staff value the holistic approach to education and provide opportunities for all round personality development of the child.
- The sound infrastructure of the school provides the students with labs, library, indoor and outdoor gaming space and other facilities.
- Apart from that, the students enjoy an excellent canteen set up with subsidized yet quality food.
- It also gives the students pick and drop facilities with a fully functional transport system.
Plot No. 70, Alaknanda Don Bosco Road,
Alaknanda, Opp. Nilgiri Apartment,
New Delhi, 110019
9. Air Force Bal Bharati School, Lodhi Colony:
Established in 1955, AFBBS was started by the Indian Air Force Education and Cultural Society. It has an ISO 9001-2000 Certification and won the title of the best school in Delhi in the year 1995.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows the guidance laid down by the Directorate of Education, New Delhi.
- It follows the NCERT syllabus and has both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as an essential part of the education system.
- It has primary, secondary and senior secondary sections with science, commerce and humanities streams to choose for higher studies.
- The campus facilities include infrastructures such as an auditorium, library, hostel, medical room and science lab.
- The additional facilities include the music and art block, the audio-visual room, computer, and CAL lab as well as sports complex.
- It has a fully functional canteen, transport system and the Bank of Baroda branch for transaction facilities and other financial requirements.
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003
10. Bluebells International School, Kailash Colony:
Established in the year 1957, the school believes in providing optimized education system with an international outlook.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE board and follows the NCERT prescribed syllabus.
- The classes comprise of nursery, primary, secondary and senior secondary levels.
- It has an area of 3 acres, with a spacious school building, open lawns, and gardens.
- The whole school is wi-fi enabled with smart classrooms, projector screens and high-tech facilities for a complete educational experience.
Address: Kailash Colony (Opp.) Lady Shriram College, New Delhi-110048
[ Read: Convent Schools In Delhi ]
11. St. Mary School, Safdarjung Enclave:
Founded in 1966 by Mrs. Sarah Matthew, the school has shown an immense growth and development in the academic and associated fields.
- Affiliated to CBSE Board and recognized by the Directorate of Education, New Delhi, the curriculum and syllabus pattern of the school is based on the guidelines laid down by NCERT.
- It has classes starting from Kindergarten till senior secondary levels with all the major and minor streams.
- It also encourages and facilitates the student exchange programs in collaboration with countries such as France, Tokyo, Korea, etc.
- It has a huge campus with sound infrastructure and plenty of open space for sports and cultural activities.
- It is also fully equipped with library and laboratory facilities and options such as counseling, canteen, transport system, and a committee against sexual harassment.
Address: Madam Sara Mathew Lane, B-2 Block Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110029
12. Don Bosco School, Alaknanda:
Established in the year 1980, the school runs with the motto of providing the students with not only sound education but also the scope to prove to be talented individuals and the best version of themselves.
- It is recognized by the Directorate of Education, New Delhi and affiliated to CBSE board.
- It follows the syllabus pattern as laid down by the NCERT.
- The classes include the nursery, primary, secondary and the senior secondary levels with all the major streams.
- The school has a campus area of 4.37 acres and ample amount of lush green open space.
- It also has facilities such as libraries, indoor games, gymnasium and laboratories for the co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Address: Don Bosco School, Alaknanda, New Delhi
13. New Green Field School, Kalkaji:
Run by the New Green Field Education Society, it believes in imparting all round education and the holistic development of the child.
- It is recognized and affiliated to CBSE and follows the NCERT syllabus.
- The classes are from LKG to XII.
- It imparts both academic and value education and believes in giving the child the right environment to shape his or her future.
- The school has an impressive infrastructure with spacious buildings and classrooms.
- The labs and libraries are fully stocked with the latest materials.
- The school has an auditorium to organize cultural and sports events and also has a well-connected transport system for pick and drop services for the safety of the students.
Address: Near Tara Apartment, Alaknanda Delhi – 110019.
[ Read: Best Government Schools In Delhi ]
14. Tagore International, East Of Kailash:
Founded in the year 1964 by Dr. H. Sen, the aim of the school has always been to create and nourish a free environment for the child to blossom and develop itself fully and unleash their true potential.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and follows NCERT syllabus.
- The classes start from kindergarten to senior secondary levels.
- It is a fully equipped campus with ample open space and infrastructure.
- The school boasts of advanced laboratories fully stocked libraries and indoor as well as outdoor gaming areas for the complete development of the child.
Address: E-Block, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110 065, India
15. Ambience Public School, Safdarjung Enclave:
Established in the year 1971, it is a modern and progressive school in East Delhi with a highly modernized campus and an international outlook.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE board, and the curriculum is based on the guidelines laid down by the NCERT.
- The classes are from L.K.G to senior secondary with all the major streams.
- The school combines both traditional and modern concepts of education for the holistic growth and development of the child.
- The infrastructure of the school is quite sound with lush green and beautiful open spaces.
- It is also equipped with smart classrooms, laboratories and other useful amenities for the facilitation of proper education.
Address: A-1, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110029
Hope the information about the schools listed in the article will help you make a decision about your child’s education. For any suggestions or feedback, please share your views in the comments section. We would love to hear from you.
- 15 Best CBSE Schools In Delhi
- 15 Best ICSE Schools In Delhi
- 25 Best Schools In Greater Noida
- 25 Best Schools In India
Latest posts by Sreoshi Sengupta (see all)
- 25 Riveting Mountain Facts For Kids To Know - June 16, 2016
- 65 Beautiful Organic And Earthy Baby Names For Girls And Boys - June 7, 2016
- Lazy Eye In Children: Causes, Symptoms, And Treatment - May 31, 2016