Is your child fond of Penguins and are you looking for some ways to explore his love for these birds? Or is your tot scribbling around and do you want to show him how to draw a penguin step by step? If this sounds like you, consider reading our post below.
What Are Penguins:
Penguins are huge aquatic and flightless birds that live mostly in the southern hemisphere. They are highly adapted to the life in water and have a counter shaded white and black plumage. Their wings can evolve into flippers (1). Here, we look at how to draw a penguin for kids and provide you some information that you can share with your little ornithologist.
[ Read: Step By Step Guide To Draw An Octopus ]
How To Draw A Penguin Step By Step – An Interesting Guide:Sponsored
Teach your little Picasso how to draw a penguin. It will be amazing fun for him. So, here is a step by step guide on how to draw a penguin for kids:
You Will Need:
- Crayons for coloring
- Start by drawing an egg shape.
- Draw a smaller egg inside the outline.
- Draw the penguin eyes and eyebrow.
- Now draw an inverted triangle for the beak.
- Add two feet, at a distance of half a square.
- Draw two Arms from the middle of the oval/egg shape.
- Color the penguin black and white.
[ Read: How To Draw A Fish For Kids ]
Another Tutorial For Drawing A Penguin:
- Using the same materials as above, draw a huge oval to make the penguin’s body
- Draw a small horizontal oval for the feet
- Draw a small circle for the head and a triangle for the beak
- Now draw another triangle slightly inside the body for the tail
- Outline this figure to get the final outline
- Draw a curve from starting of the body to the end of the flipper
- Erase all the other connecting lines
- Color the second half black
- Add yellow detailing to the face and white to rest of the part
- A little bit of shading to add detailing
- Your penguin is ready
[ Read: Steps To Draw A Frog For Kids ]
Step By Step Tutorial Of Painting A Penguin For Kids:
You Will Need:
- A blue color paper, preferably
- A brush, preferably wide and big
- Three colors Orange, Black and White
- Make a big circle with the white paint on the middle of the paper
- Color the entire circle white
- Rinse the brush
- Now outline the white circle with the black paint.
- Now draw a slant line little below the center of the black circle
- It should look like two ears after you finish
- Now use a smaller paintbrush for the eyes
- Paint two dots as eyes
- Use the orange color to draw a triangle upside down. And paint it. This is the mouth
- Lastly use the orange color to draw the flippers and feet
- Now use the white color again and draw small dots all over the left paper
- It should look like snowflakes
The secret to this painting is grab two papers, one for your kid and one for you and show him a step by step procedure. Ask him to copy what you are doing.
12 Interesting Facts About Penguins:
Before we look at penguin drawing step by step for kids, let’s look at some interesting facts about these chubby birds:
- There are 17 species of Penguins.
- All of them are mostly found in the southern hemisphere.
- The tallest penguins are called Emperor Penguins. Standing 4 feet tall.
- The smallest is the blue Penguin, which is only 16 inches.
- Penguins have flippers to help them swim in water.
- Penguins eat fish and a range of other sea life that they catch underwater.
- Penguins can drink sea water.
- Emperor Penguins can stay underwater for as long as 20 minutes.
- Penguins huddle together to keep warm.
- The yellow-eyed penguins are endangered penguins; they were native to New Zealand.
- The white and black plumage often serves as camouflage while they swim. The black portion is hard to see from above the water and the white looks like sun reflecting off the surface.
- There are no penguins in the North Pole.
[ Read: Drawing Ideas And Projects For Kids ]
Creativity is a bridge to learning. Let your kid experiment with art material, give him space to show what’s in their mind. Go for a painting/drawing outing with him and have him imitate what you are doing on the paper. Never discourage them in this course of time, it would put their self-esteem down, and they might become more conscious of what they are doing the next time. Let him explore this beautiful world of painting/drawing and embrace his inner creativity.
If you have more information on how to draw cute penguins, and also on how to teach a kid to draw and paint better, please do write to us. We want moms share their experiences here. So, leave your comment below.
- 4 Fun & Interesting Card & Craft Ideas For Children’s Day
- 8 Exciting Treasure Hunt Ideas That Your Kids Will Simply Love
- Best 20 Indoor Games For Kids
- 12 Exciting Rainy Day Activities For Your Kid
Latest posts by Payal Morjaria (see all)
- Norovirus Infections And Pregnancy - Everything You Should Be Aware Of - November 17, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Body Odor During Pregnancy? - November 16, 2015
- Is Anal Sex Safe During Pregnancy? - November 7, 2015