Are you worried that your growing kid may suffer from a nutrient deficiency? Are you slogging to ensure your child enjoys a balanced meal?
You may be aware that vitamins and minerals are essential for your child’s growth and development. But, have you heard of Vitamin E health benefits? Find out in this article the long term benefits of this essential Vitamin. Also, know the rich sources of Vitamin E, which are a must-have for your kid. Want to know it all? Go ahead with the read!
Why Is Vitamin E Important?
Vitamin E plays an extremely important role in the growth and development of kids. Adequate amounts of this Vitamin help the body perform the following functions:
- Boost the immune system of the body.
- Keep the blood vessels wide enough for the blood to flow to different organs of the body.
- Help the cells of the body to perform vital functions.
- It is an antioxidant that helps protect the body against free radicals, which cause cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke and several other critical health conditions(1).
- Prevent age-related macular degeneration and loss of vision.
- Prevent heart diseases.
- Prevent Lou Gehrig’s disease, which is a progressive neurological ailment.
It is important to make sure that your kid is getting enough of this essential Vitamin, to protect him from various infections and diseases.
[ Read: Benefits Of Vitamin A For Kids ]
What Is The Correct Dosage Of Vitamin E For Kids?
Individuals belonging to different age groups need Vitamin E in different quantities. Kids above four years of age need 7 mg of the Vitamin to stay healthy.
Maintaining a healthy diet can ensure to a large extent that your child gets his daily dose of all the necessary Vitamins and minerals. For this reason, you must include rich sources of Vitamin E in your child’s meal plans. Doing so is the easiest way to rule out any deficiency of the essential nutrient.
What Are The Best Sources Of Vitamin E For Kids?
Including more of the following natural sources of Vitamin E in your kid’s diet will ensure that he meets his daily requirement of the same.
- Peanut butter
- Wheat germ oil
- Safflower oil
- Sunflower oil
- Almond butter
- Sunflower seeds
- Roasted peanuts
- Corn oil
- Soybean oil
- Fortified cereals
Now that you know the rich sources of vitamin E go right ahead and prepare delicious meals for your kids with the above ingredients. Certain individuals may have trouble getting enough Vitamin E through their diet. Following a low-fat diet, regular intake of processed foods and many other factors could lead to vitamin e deficiency in children.
Including dietary supplements containing Vitamin E could be a good option to ensure your child gets enough. However, you need to consult your child’s doctor before going ahead and buying these supplements. If you suspect your child is low on Vitamin E, talk to your doctor about possible ways to make sure he gets enough of it.
[ Read: Benefits Of Vitamin C For Kids ]
Does Vitamin E Pose Any Health Hazards?
Consumption of Vitamin E supplements, particularly among kids, could lead to a higher risk of several health conditions. Long-term use of Vitamin E supplements increases the risk of stroke significantly(2). An excess of Vitamin E may also cause headaches, nausea, fatigue, and bleeding. It is best to stick to continue to include Vitamin E foods for kids.
[ Read: Benefits Of Vitamin D For Children ]
Did this article answer your questions about Vitamin E for children? Let us know your views in the comments box below.
- 4 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin B For Kids
- 8 Best Zinc Rich Foods For Your Kid
- 10 Best Iron Rich Foods For Your Kids
- 10 Best Calcium Rich Foods For Your Kid
Latest posts by Enozia Vakil (see all)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis In Children - 7 Symptoms & 4 Remedies - January 16, 2017
- Canker Sores In Children - Causes, Treatment And Remedies - January 12, 2017
- 8 Helpful Language Development Tips For Children - July 30, 2015