Taking care of an infant is a common worry among all mothers. No matter what season it is, you are always thinking of ways to protect your baby from the weather changes or severe health conditions. Of course it’s important, but you cannot stress yourself too much over it!
As a mother you need to be there for your baby at all times. The less you stress, the better it is for you and your baby. In this article we have covered a few easy, comfortable and effective methods for keeping baby warm at night during the cold months, especially the nights!
[ Read: How To Protect Baby From Sun ]
4 Easy Ways To Keep Baby Warm At Night:
At nights your baby requires extra care and protection. Babies are sensitive and could be prone to any traces of infection or disease that travel through air. On top of that, good sleep is also vital! With that said, here are a few steps you need to follow in order to keep baby warm at night:
- An excellent option for your baby would be those clothes that are thick and fluffy nature. They will keep your baby warm from head to toe during all temperatures. You could also choose from snowsuits to winter coats that have been designed for babies exclusively. Your baby will look all cute and cuddly wearing these.
- You could also add a warm skull cap for his head if you please. Pajamas that often come with feet are also a good choice if you don’t want to bundle your baby in snow suits or fancy outfits.
- When you are preparing the crib for your precious, do not use any kind of bedding that is too loose or thick. This is because adding too much bedding is an incorrect way to put your baby to sleep and could lead to suffocation or even overheating! Doctors warn that such conditions are a potential risk factor for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Finally, you could get hold of sleep sacks or even “wearable blankets” that impart a comfortable, blissful and cozy night’s rest for your baby.
[ Read: How To Take Care Of Baby In Winter ]
Tips To Ensure Good Sleep For Your Baby During Winter:
Winter can be extremely harsh and bleak in few countries and often invite diseases you have probably never heard of. But how to keep baby warm in winter! This may be the immediate cause of worry. The only good thing is that despite such conditions you can still take great care of your baby! Here are a few ways that will help:
- Get hold of layered clothing for your baby. A long sleeved shirt, a well-knit sweater with woolen pajamas and baby socks would be perfect for the weather. When you are about to take your baby out make sure you wrap baby in a cozy and comfortable zipper blanket. However make sure that your baby is getting enough air.
- If you are often worried about your baby’s head and hands, it is definitely advisable to get hold of a soft hat and mittens. Remember to keep an extra pair of mittens if he or she happens to be a thumb sucker.
- The only problem with outfits such as winter suits or snow suits is that they become problematic when diaper changes come into the scene. If your baby is at home, you could easily dress him in different layers to get rid of the hassle. This will help you take off and add the layers depending upon the temperature.
- If your room gets too chilly during winters you could use a space heater that is fire proof. But do remember that when your baby gets mobile with time and starts to crawl, there can be chances of your baby accidentally touching the same. For such times you could warm some cold sheets with the help of a heating pad and place it on the bed. Remove it before you put your child to sleep.
[ Read: How To Treat Mosquito Bites On Babies ]
The steps enlisted above are very easy to follow and don’t need too much effort. If you could keep these things in check, your baby shall stay protected during night and winter season too!
If this article has widened your knowledge and you do have a couple of ideas to share, please feel free to express yourself. We would love to hear from you.
- 5 Simple Ways To Ensure Toy Safety For Babies
- 11 Effective Tips To Take Care Of Your Baby In Winter
- 5 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Heat Rash In Babies
- 4 Effective Tips To Safeguard Your Baby From Passive Smoke
Latest posts by Akruti (see all)
- Bacterial And Fungal Infections In Children - March 2, 2017
- 8 Effective Natural Remedies To Cure Mosquito Bites In Babies - July 23, 2015
- 4 Unexpected Symptoms Of Colon Cancer In Teens - July 20, 2015