Having a hospital bag ready is very essential for the mother as well as the baby. You would want to get your hospital bag ready around 10-15 days prior to your due date. You might be wondering what to pack in it.
You would want to pack everything which would provide some comfort to you at the time of labour and after the birth too. You can pack two bags; one for you and one for the baby. Here are a list of things that should definitely be packed in your hospital bag:
Since you might have to stay in the hospital for a few days, you would want to pack:
- Cosy pairs of clothes, preferably a little loose so that you are fully comfortable in your labour period.
- At least two pairs of night suits/ nighties.
- Comfortable footwear like slippers, which are easy to remove and put on.
- Toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, body lotions, shampoos etc.
- Medicines that you might need or which you take on a regular basis.
- Nursing aids like a breast pump, breast pads, sanitary napkins etc., which are required immediately after the birth.
- Socks to keep your feet warm during labour.
- Accessories like hair bands and clips to make sure that your hair is tied up.
- Chargers to all the electronic devices like mobiles and cameras.
- Magazines or music CDs to help you pass time.
- Healthy snacks and drinks to keep you energized.
For your baby
Your newborn is going to require special care and attention right after birth. So you should really be careful about what products or things you are packing for them. You will want to make sure that everything packed is absolutely safe and good for your baby.
- Cap, socks and mittens to protect your newborn.
- Blankets to keep the baby warm and prevent it from getting sick.
- A pack of newborn diapers as these require change very frequently after birth. Choose a diaper which is super soft the baby’s gentle skin and small enough to fit the newborn properly like the Huggies Ultrasoft Diapers for the New Baby
- Along with diapers, you will need baby wipes too.
- Carry anything else that you think would be necessary for you, your baby or anyone else accompanying you. This time is very important for you and your baby so you would want to make sure that everything is perfect.
Latest posts by Ayushi Goel (see all)
- Growcheck - The World's FIRST Vertical Body Measure And Data Analysis Platform! - October 25, 2017
- Having Fears About Diapers? You Need To Come Out Of Them Now - October 25, 2017
- 5 Points To Remember When Shopping For Your Baby During Pregnancy - October 24, 2017