Approaching the 40th birthday can remind one of how far they have come in life. So, if you know someone who is approaching their 40th birthday, check out this list of 40th birthday wishes and send them a heartfelt wish to let them know you are still holding their hands in the journey.
It is a lovely time to reiterate the reasons to celebrate their life. Also, it is a reminder that a greater part of life is still ahead for more thrill and excitement. So, pick your greeting from our list of sweet, funny, and inspirational wishes and make your loved one feel special.
40th Birthday Wishes For Friend
Some birthday quotes are just the perfect way to express how you feel about your best friend. Send these as birthday text messages or write them down in a note, expressing your appreciation and gratitude, along with a special bouquet of flowers or a gift.
- You have been the same awesome person for four decades. Here’s wishing us four more!
- Talented, Terrific, Tremendous, and Top-Notch for 40 years. Here’s wishing you a Happy birthday!
- Four decades of being your wonderful self. Happy birthday, buddy!
- Congratulations on four decades of sheer awesomeness!
- The secret to staying young is make-up… make up an age, then stick with it!
- Today is your big day, so make sure it’s filled with everything YOU want to do. If anyone deserves a day all about them, it’s someone as incredible as YOU!
- To my dear friend, every moment with you has been a time filled with fun and love. I wish you always knew just how happy you make me and everyone else around you. I love you and have a wonderful day.
- Happy birthday to my favorite 40-year-old. Hope you’re planning to stick around for many more years because I couldn’t possibly find another friend like you.
- Without you, my life wouldn’t be as complete. Thanks for simply being you, and I wish you nothing but the best as you hit the four-decade mark.
- They say too much of everything is bad, but I beg to differ with that statement since too many of you, my sweet friend, are heavenly. Have a lovely 40th birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday, my dear friend. Welcome the coming year, and wave bye to the ones that passed. Cheers to many more years of laughter and celebration.
- Happy birthday to the oldest yet the wisest person I know. May you enjoy many more years filled with boundless joy and happiness.
- Turning 40 is like welcoming a new sunrise in your life. Happy birthday, and all the best for the coming years!
- Happy birthday, buddy! Remember that forty is the teenage years of old age. Enjoy it and live your life to the fullest.
- I hope that entering your 40s brings you endless opportunities and success. Stay young, my friend, and happy birthday.
- Your energy and enthusiasm make you look like a teenager. I hope it always stays the same. Happy birthday, dear friend.
- Happy 40th birthday! You’ve been a great friend to me, and I’m truly lucky to have found you. Cheers to many more years of celebrating birthdays and dancing together.
- To my best friend and soulmate, you’re the greatest blessing one could have. I wish for our love to continue to grow strong.
- Happy birthday to a special friend. If your next 40 years are half as good as the first, you will have had a pretty amazing life.
- For years, we’ve been each other’s go-to person. I hope that never changes. Love you, and wishing you all the best on this incredible day.
- Happy birthday. It took you 40 years to look this good!
- We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile… and then we’ll be new friends!
- Happy 40th birthday to a true troublemaker. Don’t you dare get old on me!
- Happy 40th birthday to someone who’s awesome at any age. It’s an honor to celebrate this milestone with you.
- Today, you’re entering into your 40s, hoping that this journey is all about fun-filled adventures, good health, and prosperity. Happy birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday, my dear friend. Remember that it’s a lucky thing to be able to reach this milestone while having loving family and friends around.
- Happy birthday! Let the fun begin, and let’s celebrate this day to the fullest. Bring on some cake, wine and music!!
- Happy birthday, dear friend. You have been an inspiration to everyone around you. Hope you have the best year ahead.
- A new chapter of your life begins now, and I really hope that it gives you all the love, peace, and happiness you deserve. Cheers to 40s and new adventures of life.
- Congratulations on turning forty, my friend. I hope the year will be as fabulous as you are. Sending you warmest wishes.
- To the kindest and most generous friend I’ve ever had, happy birthday! Hope your year is filled with surprises and happiness.
- Happy, fabulous 40th birthday. Wishing you grow and prosper in the coming year, and may God bless you with everything good the world has to offer.
40th Birthday Wishes For Men
Which birthday celebrant doesn’t like to feel special on this day? You can bring that feeling with just a few well-chosen words for the man.
- Congrats on turning the big 4-oh. You’ve accomplished so much in your life, and to think, you’re just getting started.
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see what you do with your next 40 years.
- Cheers to your amazing milestone! Forty is the new awesome. Happy birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday, sweetie! If we gotta grow old, let’s do it together!
- Felicitations on your 40th birthday – a great milestone for a true gentleman!
- A beautiful soul like yours deserves recognition every day, but for this special day, I wanted to say just how grateful I am to be filled with your love and care.
- Happy 40th birthday. This day calls for the celebration of a person who has always left a beautiful impact on everyone’s lives.
- Cheers to turning 40 and brighter than ever! May the coming years carry immense hope and good luck.
- Happy birthday! I hope that your day is filled with warm wishes, delicious meals, and loads of laughter.
- Happy 40th birthday. May your year be all about positivity and happiness.
- On your 40th birthday, I hope that God blesses you with success, healthy relationships, and immense positivity.
- You’ve been an incredible father to your children and a loving husband to your wife. A lovely soul like yourself deserves all the goodness the world has to offer. Happy birthday.
- You have always been portrayed as an example of how one should be living life. Hope you continue to motivate everyone around you. Happy birthday.
- May your day be all about good food, a good mood, and lots and lots of laughter. Happy birthday.
- May you continue being the person with the calmest energy and best vibes. Happy birthday, superstar!
- So happy to know someone so caring, loving, and respectful as you. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to the person who has the whole package – kind, funny, handsome, and smart. May your 40s treat you well.
- Hope this day gives you time to unwind and finally relax. It’s about time we all remind you just how cherished and loved you are.
- You’ve always been a good-looking dude. Now you’re a good-looking older dude. Happy 40th birthday!
- Let’s raise a toast to celebrate your 40th birthday! Here’s to maturing like fine wine. Happy 40th birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday! You are officially a Distinguished Gentleman.
- 40 is fine when you look 29.
- Happy 40th birthday to my amazing husband! I’m still head over heels for you, and I always will be.
- You’ve completed four decades of amazing moments, and I hope you get to experience many more. Happy birthday.
- As you celebrate your 40th birthday today, I hope your glass will always be filled with wine, and your heart will be filled with love. Happy birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday! May all of you continue chasing dreams, building a wonderful future, and be happy, always.
- When I say chivalry isn’t dead, I always follow it up with your example. We, indeed, are blessed to have you in our lives. Happy birthday.
40th Birthday Wishes For Women
The birthday girl will love to receive one of these messages. Let her know that you are thinking of her on her special day.
- Best wishes to the most magnificent woman in my life. I hope this message brings that stunning smile to your face.
- Happy birthday to my beautiful wife, who is way too sexy to be 40 years old.
- Lordy, Lordy, look who’s 40! Hope your big day is positively wonderful.
- Happy birthday! And remember you’re not 40 …you’re 18 with 22 years of experience.
- 40?! YOU?! I demand a recount! Happy birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday to the prettiest and most loving woman I know. Today being your special day, my wish for you is that all your dreams come to pass. Have a happy birthday filled with sweet surprises, my friend.
- Cheers to another year around the sun, and a very happy birthday to the person who has a personality as bright as the star.
- Happy birthday to the wonderful woman who’s always the life of the party and always full of energy!
- Today is a good day to take time and celebrate all your achievements. Cheers to many more exciting times. Happy birthday.
- Grab some cake and cake, and let’s go down the memory lane. Happy birthday to the most gorgeous woman.
- Your 40s are the time to take a break and enjoy every moment in life. May you continue to grow and flourish in whatever you set your mind to. Happy birthday.
- Still fun, foxy, and fabulous at 40. Happy birthday!
- Beautiful and youthful as ever. Happy birthday to my 40-year-old bestie!
- No one would ever guess that you’re 40 years old, and with the right incentive, I won’t tell! Happy birthday.
- Forever be beautiful, inside and out. Happy 40th birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday to the most remarkable, gorgeous woman I know.
- Sending love to my favorite person on her special day. Here’s to another great year!
- Time is precious, so I’ll keep this short: Happy 40th birthday to the coolest woman I know!
- Sending you a hundred wishes so that you get everything you could hope for this birthday. Happy 40th birthday!
- This year, I wish for even more time together with the greatest person I know. Happy 40th birthday to you, bestie!
- No woman is as accomplished, caring, selfless, and warm-hearted as you. On this special day, I hope you feel half of what you send out to the world every day.
- The best years are still ahead of you. So, make the most of today. Happy 40th birthday.
- Your presence in people’s lives has made their lives so much happier. I hope you realize that you’re a shining star. Happy birthday.
- To the woman who carries so much grace, power, and strength. May you always be surrounded by the best. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! Hoping that you tick off more things from your bucket list and add new ones.
- You have always been fabulous, and your 40s are when you claim it. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! Hope you always listen to your heart and continue doing what’s best for you. Cheers to living happily ever after.
Funny 40th Birthday Wishes
Jot one of these down on a birthday card or include them in your birthday speech to bring the roof down at the party.
- You look good for 40. Scratch that, you look good, period. Happy birthday!
- I’ll bet you were hoping no one would notice you were turning 40. Well, no such luck! Happy birthday!
- Have a great 40th birthday! Too young to die and too old to Rock n Roll!
- Now you’re as sexy as two 20-year-olds. Happy 40th birthday!
- The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- 39 was so last year. Happy birthday!
- A wise man once said, ‘Forget about your past, you cannot change it’. I’d like to add, ‘Forget about your present, I didn’t get you one’. Happy 40th!
- Don’t think of it as turning 40. We’re here to celebrate the 10th anniversary of your 4th birthday.
- Best wishes on your 40th birthday! I would make fun of you for being old, but I’m afraid you might toss your dentures at me and hit me with your cane!
- I’m so proud to have you as a friend… even if you are old.
- Happy 40th birthday! Oh, and if you wake up feeling like crap tomorrow, it’s not a hangover – that’s just what it’s like being old.
- It’s your 40th birthday. Not too late to get up to some mischief! After all, growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
- You may not be over the hill yet, but you have a great view!
- Don’t think of it as your 40th birthday. Think of it as the 20th anniversary of your 20th birthday. Happiest birthday!
- Happy birthday!! You only look as old as the last selfie you took.
- Happy 40th, bud! How does it feel to be the world’s oldest kid?
- I believe you forgot my birthday present last year, so now I’m returning the favor. Happy 40th, my dearest!
- You know, I would be a lot more excited about you turning one year older if I was in your will. Happy birthday!
- They say 40 is the new 30. However, it should be noted that they often lie.
- You know, they say that age is really all in the mind. The key is to prevent it from trickling down into your body. Happy birthday!
- I hate to remind you of your old age, but… you’re forty! Happy birthday!
- You might be prehistoric, but at least you’re not extinct! Happy 40th birthday!
- Happy birthday! And thank you so much for turning 40 before me!
- Congratulations on being born a really long time ago.
- Happy 40th birthday, which also means candles cost more than the cake.
- Happy birthday, and cheers to all the crazy things you did before the internet.
- The 40’s are great. You can recognize the mistakes you make but then think you’re still young and make some more. Happy birthday.
- Getting older also means getting closer to the senior citizen discount. Happy birthday.
- You know you’re hitting your 40s when you’re offered a seat on the bus, and you don’t refuse. Happy birthday.
- I would have planned a big 40th birthday party for you, but who would’ve thought that you’d make it this far?
- It’s OK to light the 40 candles on your birthday cake now; I’ve already alerted the fire department.
- 40th birthday! And remember: You’re never too old to act like an idiot.
- You’re not old! …oh, no wait, actually you are, sorry about that.
- Hope you have a blast on your 40th birthday! Just don’t overdo it – at your age, partying too much can be dangerous.
- Don’t grow up… It’s a trap! Oh, you did! Happy birthday, in that case!
- Welcome to 40, an age when you’re still young at heart, but other body parts are starting to falter.
- A decade more and you’ve got half a century of accumulated knowledge and wisdom… that no one needs anyway! Happy birthday!
- As Helen Hayes says, age is not important unless you’re a cheese. Here’s a cheesy birthday wish for you, though.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest! Happy 40th birthday!
- You’ve reached that golden age where your train of thought usually leaves the station without you. Happy 40th!
- Don’t let aging get you down… it’s too hard to get back up again! Happy birthday, 40-year-old!
- Middle age… when “happy hour” is a nap! Happy 40th!
- If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then you’re a genius! Here comes the 40th birthday!
- What goes up but never comes down? Your age. Happy 40th birthday!
- 40 isn’t old if you’re a tree. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! Cheers to back aches and smaller cakes.
- Think that your grays represent wisdom you gained in all these years, even if you didn’t. Happy birthday, my lovely!
- The aches at this age would be because of old age and not partying. Welcome to the 40’s.
- Now you’re as funny as a 20-year-old but with added back pain as a bonus. Happy birthday.
40th Birthday Inspirational Quotes
These 40th birthday sayings are meaningful and thought-provoking. Bundle them with your love and send them across to convey that you are thinking of someone.
- “To think, when one is no longer young, when one is not yet old, that one is no longer young, that one is not yet old, that is perhaps something”- Samuel Beckett
- “Life begins at forty”- Walter B. Pitkin
- “Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own.” — J. P. Sears
- “Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed.” – Anthony Powell
- “We don’t understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and admit it.” — Jules Renard
- “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.” — Ogden Nash
- “Guys are idiots, till they’re 40 years old.” — Wes Borland
- “Be wise with speed; a fool at forty is a fool indeed.” — Edward Young
- “At a certain age, we learned to see right through it, and that age is now.” — Anna Quindlen
- “The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you’ll grow out of it.” — Doris Day
- “Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty eight and forty.” — James Thurber
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research”– Carl Jung
- “At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage”– John Andrew Holmes
- “As soon as you feel too old to do a thing, do it.” —Margaret Deland
- “Aging can be fun if you lay back and enjoy it.” —Clint Eastwood
- “One of the best things about middle age is that it is a pleasant change from your younger self.” — Unknown
- “No matter the age, each birthday is a milestone to be celebrated not counted!” –Unknown
- “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.” — M. Rivers
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
- “Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.” — Bob Hope
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” — Shirley Bassey
- “May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true.” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.” — Ausonius
- “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young”– Fred Astaire
- “You’ve heard of the three ages of man – youth, age, and you are looking wonderful”– Francis Spellman
- “Age is a matter of feeling, not of years”– George William Curtis
- “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” —Madeleine L’Engle
- “Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older.” —Louise Hay
- “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” —Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day.” —Marty Buccella
- “Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, and the youngest you’ll ever be again.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Age is whatever you think it is, you are as old as you think you are.” —Muhammad Ali
- “Middle school is for being like everyone else; middle age is for being like yourself.” — Victoria Moran
- “Count each birthday with a grateful mind.” —Alexander Pope
- “And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” —John Lennon
Quotes For 40th birthday
40th birthday quotes that you can use for friends, acquaintances, and people you would like to know better.
- “Happily, at forty-six I still feel as experimental and on the verge of getting at the truth as ever”- Virginia Woolf
- “Between thirty and forty a man may have reached the height of discretion without having tumbled over the top and into the feather-bed of correctitude”- Arnold Bennett
- “Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” — Sammy Hagar
- “The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don’t recognize you.” — Bennett Cerf
- “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” – Daniel François Esprit Auber
- “I think all this talk about age is foolish. Every time I’m one year older, everyone else is too.” — Gloria Swanson
- “My life is better with every year of living it.” — Rachel Maddow
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
- “A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate life as well as to update life.” — Amit Kalantri
- “The way I see it, you should live every day like it’s your birthday.” — Paris Hilton
- “One of the advantages of being over forty is that one begins to learn the difference between knowing and realising”- Gustav Holst
- “Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age”- Victor Hugo
- “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional” – Chili Davis
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”- Jack Benny
- “Youth is a gift of nature but age is a work of art”- Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
- “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” — Brigitte Bardot
- “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
- “We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves.” — Bernard Baruch
- “The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” – Betty White
- “No wise man ever wished to be younger.” — Jonathan Swift
- “Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.” — John Glenn
- “Each ten years of a man’s life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Men are like wine: some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” — Pope John XXIII
- “If we could be twice as young and twice as old we could correct all our mistakes.” – Euripides
- “Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” — Tom Stoppard
- “At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment”- Benjamin Franklin
- “If life really begins on your 40th birthday, it’s because that’s when women finally get it… the guts to take back their lives”- Laura Randolph
- “The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary on it”- Arthur Schopenhauer
- “This wine is forty years old. It certainly doesn’t show its age”- Marcus Tullius Cicero
40th Birthday Wishes For Daughter
Your daughter’s 40th birthday party is a resounding success only if your wishes are added to the mix. Send her these beautiful thoughts today.
- You deserve only the best on your birthday because you have been nothing but the best daughter to us. My heart is forever grateful to God because He gave me a daughter who’s not only a blessing to me but to many others, too. I hope that this birthday will be a wonderful one. I love you. May you always be blessed, and may you have many more birthdays to enjoy. Happy 40th birthday!
- I’m just very proud to see that everything that you wanted to achieve, you have achieved. When I look at you, I can see peace, love, and joy in your eyes. This is all I ever wanted for you, my sweet child. To see you grow up and grow old happy. I thank the Lord that you have made all your dreams come true. May your 40th birthday be a time of festivity and merriment. Happy birthday.
- I will always be thankful for your birthday because this is the day that you came into this world. Have the most amazing 40th birthday!
- May this birthday make you proud of all the things you have achieved and excited for all that you will achieve. May all your dreams and desires manifest in the most beautiful fashion. Happy 40th birthday!
- You are such a positive, charming, and absolutely adorable daughter. I am so proud that I get to call you my daughter because no other person could ever hope to compare to you. Happy 40th birthday to my perfect girl!
- There are many things I wish for you in life – success, good health, and fortune are just a few. But there is one thing I wish for you above all others, to know the joy of having a daughter to smother in love. Happy 40th birthday, love!
- My dearest daughter, Happy birthday to you! I hope you know that you bring sunshine and positivity everywhere you go. May the coming years treat you and bring you fortune and happiness. My warmest wishes and prayers are always with you.
- Dear daughter, happy birthday! You have perfected every role you performed in your life. You have been the best daughter, sister, wife, and mother, and I know you’ll be your best self in every aspect of your life.
- My sunshine daughter, your dedication and work ethic have always inspired and motivated me. I’m proud of whatever you’ve achieved in life. Happy birthday, sweet girl.
- I know that you’re entering your 40s today, and you’re not my little girl anymore, but remember, I’ll always be here for you. Happy birthday.
- On your 40th birthday, I wish you boundless joy, success, and prosperity. You deserve it all, my darling daughter. Happy birthday to you.
- Happy birthday to my best blessing. Forty years ago, you came into our lives and improved our lives.
- Congratulations on turning 40, my beautiful daughter. May you embrace your 40s with grace, strength, and courage.
- Happy 40th birthday, my darling girl. May your 40s be the beginning of a wonderful adventure filled with surprises and amazing memories.
- Daughter, you have grown into such an amazing woman. You must have gotten that from me! Thank you for making it so easy to be proud of you. Happy 40th birthday, my angel!
- Daughter, time seems to have flown by. Just the other day, you could barely stand, and now I get to watch you run the world! Watching you grow up has been such a joy, and I know that only greatness lies ahead for you. May your birthday be just as spectacular as you are. Happy 40th birthday!
- I hope you know that you will never be too old to come home and be pampered like a princess. Too embarrassed, yes, but never too old! May your 40th birthday be filled with lots of indulging in goodies this year.
- My precious daughter, you have always been a shining diamond in my life, and may this day be as magnificent and loving as you are. Happy birthday.
- Congratulations on reaching this milestone in life. Today, we shall celebrate all the ups and downs that have brought you here and made you the wonderful person that you are. Happy birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday to the bravest girl I know. May you continue to inspire and empower everyone around you.
- Happy birthday, my glorious daughter. I hope that you know that we cherish every day we get to spend with you and every little thing you do for us.
- My dear daughter, thank you for filling our life with love, care, and joy. You are the best thing that has happened to us. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to my daughter, joy, pride, and forever love. I miss you and love you so much.
- My dear daughter, you have always showered people with love, care, and joy. You have been a ray of hope in hard times, and for that, I’ll always be super proud of you. Happy birthday.
40th birthday Wishes For Son
As your son enters the 4th decade of his life, take the opportunity to give him some life advice, and show your love.
- No matter how old you get, know that you will always be my baby boy. You may not like it, but sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Happy birthday to my darling little boy who turns 40 today.
- No matter what direction you take in life, I will always send you the best of wishes. I hope that this year your birthday is filled with everything you could possibly want. Happy 40th birthday, son!
- When you were born, I couldn’t even fathom how much you’d come to mean to me. You are my everything. May your special day be filled with untold splendor. Happy 40th birthday!
- If I look back at everything I’ve done in life, you’re easily the best thing I’ve ever created. It’s honestly a miracle that I was able to have a son as delightful and genuine as you. Happy birthday, son!
- I have such sweet memories of you as a child, but I have faith that your future will hold even sweeter ones. I hope your cake is half as sweet as you are. Happy 40th birthday, son!
- Happy 40th birthday, my son. May your kindness, strength, and loving nature continue to inspire everyone around you.
- To my not-so-little boy who’s turning 40, I wholeheartedly wish you a life filled with amazing memories, good health, success, and a happy, long life.
- Happy birthday to the most loving son any parent could ask for. My heart is filled with pride seeing you become the best version of yourself. Cheers to many more birthdays.
- My dear son, you have been the best in every role you had to perform in life. Your strength and sense of calmness inspire me and make me proud. Happy birthday, my lovely boy!
- My dear son, your birth was a magical and treasured moment in our lives. You’ve made us proud by becoming the gentleman you are today. May you prosper always. Happy birthday.
- As we celebrate your birthday today, I would like to take a moment and thank you for always being the most loving and caring son. Happy birthday, son!
- Happy birthday, son. May the coming years bring you good health, wealth, success, and boundless joy. You deserve nothing less.
- My joy in having you as my son is something that can’t be measured. It can only be felt through lots of hugs, kisses, and adoration. I’m so happy I was blessed with a son as astounding as you. Happy birthday, my son!
- Once you hit your 40s, everything will start to make sense. You will realize that life is too short to be spent worrying about petty things. You will realize that friends and family are the real treasures in life. You will think about the chances you did not take, the people you have hurt, and the relationships that did not have a happy ending. It’s okay. It’s okay to feel a little sad every birthday, too. But once the sadness disappears, you should be happy because you have been blessed with another year in this world. Another year to do the things you love, to be with the people you love, and to be a blessing to others. Happy 40th birthday, dear son.
- When I hit my 40s, I just started thinking about the past more and wondering about what could have been. Try to avoid doing this because you cannot bring back the past. You cannot get back all the opportunities that you have let slip past you. You cannot bring back all the people that you lost. The more you focus on these things, the more you will feel that you let yourself down in some way. Always look to the future and keep moving forward. Stay in the present and savor each moment. You will be just fine. I love you, son! Happy 40th birthday to you.
- For your birthday, I hope that you will always have love and happiness in your life. Happy 40th birthday, son. Thank you for letting me enjoy fatherhood!
- You are the most selfless person that I know. For as long as I have known you, you have always put other people’s happiness first. On your 40th birthday, I pray that you will follow your heart and do the things that you have always wanted to do. It’s time to treat yourself to something special because you truly deserve it. I love you so much, dear son. Happy birthday!
- From being the best son to being the most wonderful father, you have embraced every phase of life beautifully. Happy birthday.
- May your 40s open doors of new opportunities and good fortune. Happy birthday, son.
- My son, you have been an incredible human, and I wish you a life filled with fun-filled adventures. Happy birthday
- Happy birthday, son. May your day be filled with fine wine, lots of cake, and laughter.
- On your 40th birthday, let’s celebrate all your accomplishments and lessons that you’ve learned, and cheers to many more years of unforgettable moments and laughter.
- Forty is the age when you will finally realize why your mom and dad loved afternoon naps and why they were so cranky all the time. Happy 40th birthday!
- I hope you always head in the direction of success, my son, and whether it be in life or love, I hope that all your dreams and ambitions come true. Happy 40th birthday!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the 40th birthday special?
The 40th birthday is special because you are well set financially and in your career by that time. You are in a better head space and enjoy the stability and slowness of life. Unlike your early years, you get to spend your birthday with your children, family, and a set of close friends.
2. Is turning 40 a big deal?
Turning 40 is an important milestone and can be a big deal. This is a landmark age when you are sorted as a person and aware of what is important and what is not. Middle age often offers a cushion of comfort when you are not in a race and healthy enough to live life to the fullest.
3. What color is associated with the 40th birthday?
The popular color for a 40th birthday is ruby red. It symbolizes life’s vitality, and you can incorporate this color into your party decorations and theme.
4. Is the 40th birthday over the hill?
Some call 40 the “over-the-hill” birthday, considering the average human lifespan of around 80 years. The number 40 represents the midpoint, and you start looking at life from a different perspective.
Life is still young in the 40s, and the 40th birthday calls for a grand celebration. Many people may be in a secure and settled position in their jobs and personal life at forty. If you are turning forty and are looking for a quirky or catchy quote to put on your birthday party invite, your search ends here. Use these quotes to wish a friend or a loved one a happy 40th birthday. Use these quotes as funny Instagram captions, or you may send them as a text to convey birthday wishes to anyone turning forty.
Infographic: Wishes For 40th Birthday
Why stick to conventional birthday messages when you can wish them with personalized messages? That would be more exciting and heartfelt. To make it easier for you, we have compiled a few wishes so you can share them with your loved ones on their 40th birthday.
Celebrate your loved ones’ 40th birthday with this awesome collection of cool wishes! Uncover heartfelt birthday wishes, messages, and inspiring quotes to make their 40th birthday unforgettable.