Approaching the 40th birthday can remind one of how far they have come in life. So, if you know someone who is approaching their 40th birthday, check out this list of 40th birthday wishes and send them a heartfelt wish to let them know you are still holding their hands in the journey.
It is a lovely time to reiterate the reasons to celebrate their life. Also, it is a reminder that a greater part of life is still ahead for more thrill and excitement. So, pick your greeting from our list of sweet, funny, and inspirational wishes and make your loved one feel special.
40th Birthday Wishes For Friend
Some birthday quotes are just the perfect way to express how you feel about your best friend. Send these as birthday text messages or write them down in a note along with your special bouquet of flowers or a gift.
- You have been the same awesome person for four decades. Here’s wishing us four more!
- Talented, Terrific, Tremendous, and Top-Notch for 40 years. Here’s wishing you a Happy birthday!
- Four decades of being your wonderful self. Happy birthday, buddy!
- Congratulations on four decades of sheer awesomeness!
- The secret to staying young is make-up… make up an age, then stick with it!
- Today is your big day, so make sure it’s filled with everything YOU want to do. If anyone deserves a day all about them, it’s someone as incredible as YOU!
- To my dear friend, every moment with you has been a time filled with fun and love. I wish you always know just how happy you make me and everyone else around you. I love you and have a wonderful day.
- appy birthday to my favorite 40-year-old. Hope you’re planning to stick around for many more years because I couldn’t possibly find another friend like you.
- Without you, my life wouldn’t be as complete. Thanks for simply being you, and I wish you nothing but the best as you hit the four-decade mark.
- They say too much of everything is bad, but I beg to differ with that statement since too much of you, my sweet friend, is heavenly. Have a lovely 40th birthday.
- To my best friend and soulmate, you’re the greatest blessing one could have. I wish for our love to continue to grow strong.
- Happy birthday to a special friend. If your next 40 years are half as good as the first, you will have had a pretty amazing life.
- For years, we’ve been each other’s go-to person. I hope that never changes. Love you, and wishing you all the best on this incredible day.
- Happy birthday. It took you 40 years to look this good!
- We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile… and then we’ll be new friends!
- Happy 40th birthday to a true troublemaker. Don’t you dare get old on me!
- Happy 40th birthday to someone who’s awesome at any age.
40th Birthday Wishes For Men
Which birthday celebrant doesn’t like to feel special on this day? You can bring that feeling with just a few well-chosen words for the man.
- Congrats on turning the big 4-oh. You’ve accomplished so much in your life, and to think, you’re just getting started.
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see what you do with your next 40 years.
- Forty is the new awesome. Happy birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday, sweetie! If we gotta grow old, let’s do it together!
- Best wishes on your 40th birthday – a great milestone for a true gentleman!
- A beautiful soul like yours deserves recognition every day, but for this special day, I wanted to say just how grateful I am to be filled with your love and care.
- Hope this day gives you time to unwind and finally relax. It’s about time we all remind you just how cherished and loved you are.
- You’ve always been a good-looking dude. Now you’re a good-looking older dude. Happy 40th birthday!
- Here’s to maturing like fine wine. Happy 40th birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday! You are officially a Distinguished Gentleman.
- 40 is fine when you look 29.
- Happy 40th birthday to my amazing husband! I’m still head over heels for you, and I always will be.
40th Birthday Wishes For Women
The birthday girl will love to receive one of these messages. Let her know that you are thinking of her on her special day.
- Best wishes to the most magnificent woman in my life. I hope this message brings that stunning smile to your face.
- Happy birthday to my beautiful wife, who is way too sexy to be 40 years old.
- Lordy, Lordy, look who’s 40! Hope your big day is positively wonderful.
- Happy birthday! And remember you’re not 40 …you’re 18 with 22 years of experience.
- 40?! YOU?! I demand a recount! Happy birthday!
- Happy 40th birthday to the prettiest and most loving woman I know. Today being your special day, my wish for you is that all your dreams come to pass. Have a happy birthday filled with sweet surprises, my friend.
- Still fun, foxy, and fabulous at 40. Happy birthday!
- Beautiful and youthful as ever. Happy birthday to my 40-year-old bestie!
- No one would ever guess that you’re 40 years old, and with the right incentive, I won’t tell! Happy birthday.
- Forever be beautiful, inside and out. Happy 40th birthday.
- Happy 40th birthday to the most remarkable, gorgeous woman I know.
- Sending love to my favorite person on her special day. Here’s to another great year!
- Time is precious, so I’ll keep this short: Happy 40th birthday to the coolest woman I know!
- Sending you a hundred wishes so that you get everything you could hope for this birthday. Happy 40th birthday!
- This year, I wish for even more time together with the greatest person I know. Happy 40th birthday to you, bestie!
- No woman is as accomplished, caring, selfless, and warm-hearted as you. On this special day, I hope you feel half of what you send out to the world every day.
- The best years are still ahead of you. So, make the most of today. Happy 40th birthday.
Funny 40th Birthday Wishes
Jot one of these down on a birthday card or include them in your birthday speech to bring the roof down at the party.
- You look good for 40. Scratch that, you look good, period. Happy birthday!
- I’ll bet you were hoping no one would notice you were turning 40. Well, no such luck! Happy birthday!
- Have a great 40th birthday! Too young to die and too old to Rock n Roll!
- Now you’re as sexy as two 20-year-olds. Happy 40th birthday!
- The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- 39 was so last year. Happy birthday!
- A wise man once said, ‘Forget about your past, you cannot change it’. I’d like to add, ‘Forget about your present, I didn’t get you one’. Happy 40th!
- Don’t think of it as turning 40. We’re here to celebrate the 10th anniversary of your 4th birthday.
- Best wishes on your 40th birthday! I would make fun of you for being old, but I’m afraid you might toss your dentures at me and hit me with your cane!
- I’m so proud to have you as a friend… even if you are old.
- Happy 40th birthday! Oh, and if you wake up feeling like crap tomorrow, it’s not a hangover – that’s just what it’s like being old.
- It’s your 40th birthday? Not too late to get up to some mischief!
- You may not be over the hill yet, but you have a great view!
- Don’t think of it as your 40th birthday. Think of it as the 20th anniversary of your 20th birthday. Happiest birthday!
- Happy birthday!! You only look as old as the last selfie you took.
- Happy 40th, bud! How does it feel to be the world’s oldest kid?
- I believe you forgot my birthday present last year, so now I’m returning the favor. Happy 40th, my dearest!
- You know, I would be a lot more excited about you turning one year older if I was in your will. Happy birthday!
- They say 40 is the new 30. However, it should be noted that they often lie.
- You know, they say that age is really all in the mind. The key is to prevent it from trickling down into your body. Happy birthday!
- I hate to remind you of your old age, but… you’re forty! Happy birthday!
- You might be prehistoric, but at least you’re not extinct! Happy 40th birthday!
- Happy birthday! And thank you so much for turning 40 before me!
- Congratulations on being born a really long time ago.
- I would have planned a big 40th birthday party for you, but who would’ve thought that you’d make it this far?
- It’s OK to light the 40 candles on your birthday cake now; I’ve already alerted the fire department.
- 40th birthday! And remember: You’re never too old to act like an idiot.
- You’re not old! …oh, no wait, actually you are, sorry about that.
- Hope you have a blast on your 40th birthday! Just don’t overdo it – at your age, partying too much can be dangerous.
- Don’t grow up… It’s a trap! Oh, you did! Happy birthday, in that case!
- Welcome to 40, an age when you’re still young at heart, but other body parts are starting to falter.
- A decade more and you’ve got half a century of accumulated knowledge and wisdom… that no one needs anyway! Happy birthday!
- As Helen Hayes says, age is not important unless you’re a cheese. Here’s a cheesy birthday wish for you, though.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest! Happy 40th birthday!
- You’ve reached that golden age where your train of thought usually leaves the station without you. Happy 40th!
- Don’t let aging get you down… it’s too hard to get back up again! Happy birthday, 40-year-old!
- Middle age… when “happy hour” is a nap! Happy 40th!
- If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then you’re a genius! Here comes the 40th birthday!
- What goes up but never comes down? Your age. Happy 40th birthday!
- 40 isn’t old if you’re a tree. Happy birthday.
40th Birthday Inspirational Quotes
These 40th birthday sayings are meaningful and thought-provoking. Bundle them with your love and send them across to convey that you are thinking of someone.
- “To think, when one is no longer young, when one is not yet old, that one is no longer young, that one is not yet old, that is perhaps something”- Samuel Beckett
- “Life begins at forty”- Walter B. Pitkin
- “Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research”- Carl Jung
- “At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage”- John Andrew Holmes
- “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young”- Fred Astaire
- “You’ve heard of the three ages of man – youth, age, and you are looking wonderful”- Francis Spellman
- “Age is a matter of feeling, not of years”- George William Curtis
Quotes For 40th birthday
40th birthday quotes that you can use for friends, acquaintances, and people you would like to know better.
- “Happily, at forty-six I still feel as experimental and on the verge of getting at the truth as ever”- Virginia Woolf
- “Between thirty and forty a man may have reached the height of discretion without having tumbled over the top and into the feather-bed of correctitude”- Arnold Bennett
- “One of the advantages of being over forty is that one begins to learn the difference between knowing and realising”- Gustav Holst
- “Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age”- Victor Hugo
- “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional” – Chili Davis
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”- Jack Benny
- “Youth is a gift of nature but age is a work of art”- Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
- “At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment”- Benjamin Franklin
- “If life really begins on your 40th birthday, it’s because that’s when women finally get it… the guts to take back their lives”- Laura Randolph
- “The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary on it”- Arthur Schopenhauer
- “This wine is forty years old. It certainly doesn’t show its age”- Marcus Tullius Cicero
40th Birthday Wishes For Daughter
Your daughter’s 40th birthday party is a resounding success only if your wishes are added to the mix. Send her these beautiful thoughts today.
- You deserve only the best on your birthday because you have been nothing but the best daughter to us. My heart is forever grateful to God because He gave me a daughter who’s not only a blessing to me but to many others, too. I hope that this birthday will be a wonderful one. I love you. May you always be blessed, and may you have many more birthdays to enjoy. Happy 40th birthday!
- I’m just very proud to see that everything that you wanted to achieve, you have achieved. When I look at you, I can see peace, love, and joy in your eyes. This is all I ever wanted for you, my sweet child. To see you grow up and grow old happy. I thank the Lord that you have made all your dreams come true. Have a happy 40th birthday!
- I will always be thankful for your birthday because this is the day that you came into this world. Have the most amazing 40th birthday!
- May this birthday make you proud of all the things you have achieved and excited for all that you will achieve. May all your dreams and desires manifest in the most beautiful fashion. Happy 40th birthday!
- You are such a positive, charming, and absolutely adorable daughter. I am so proud that I get to call you my daughter because no other person could ever hope to compare to you. Happy 40th birthday to my perfect girl!
- There are many things I wish for you in life – success, good health, and fortune are just a few. But there is one thing I wish for you above all others, to know the joy of having a daughter to smother in love. Happy 40th birthday, love!
- Daughter, you have grown into such an amazing woman. You must have gotten that from me! Thank you for making it so easy to be proud of you. Happy 40th birthday, my angel!
- Daughter, time seems to have flown by. Just the other day, you could barely stand, and now I get to watch you run the world! Watching you grow up has been such a joy, and I know that only greatness lies ahead for you. May your birthday be just as spectacular as you are. Happy 40th birthday!
- I hope you know that you will never be too old to come home and be pampered like a princess. Too embarrassed, yes, but never too old! May your 40th birthday be filled with lots of indulging in goodies this year.
40th birthday Wishes For Son
As your son enters the 4th decade of his life, take the opportunity to give him some life advice, and show your love.
- No matter how old you get, know that you will always be my baby boy. You may not like it, but sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Happy birthday to my darling little boy who turns 40 today.
- No matter what direction you take in life, I will always send you the best of wishes. I hope that this year your birthday is filled with everything you could possibly want. Happy 40th birthday, son!
- When you were born, I couldn’t even fathom how much you’d come to mean to me. You are my everything. May your special day be filled with untold splendor. Happy 40th birthday!
- If I look back at everything I’ve done in life, you’re easily the best thing I’ve ever created. It’s honestly a miracle that I was able to have a son as delightful and genuine as you. Happy birthday, son!
- I have such sweet memories of you as a child, but I have faith that your future will hold even sweeter ones. I hope your cake is half as sweet as you are. Happy 40th birthday, son!
- My joy in having you as my son is something that can’t be measured. It can only be felt through lots of hugs, kisses, and adoration. I’m so happy I was blessed with a son as astounding as you. Happy birthday, my son!
- Once you hit your forties, everything will start to make sense. You will realize that life is too short to be spent worrying about petty things. You will realize that friends and family are the real treasures in life. You will think about the chances you did not take, the people you have hurt, and the relationships that did not have a happy ending. It’s okay. It’s okay to feel a little sad every birthday, too. But once the sadness disappears, you should be happy because you have been blessed with another year in this world. Another year to do the things you love, to be with the people you love, and to be a blessing to others. Happy 40th birthday, dear son.
- When I hit my forties, I just started thinking about the past more and wondering about what could have been. Try to avoid doing this because you cannot bring back the past. You cannot get back all the opportunities that you have let slip past you. You cannot bring back all the people that you lost. The more you focus on these things, the more you will feel that you let yourself down in some way. Always look to the future and keep moving forward. Stay in the present and savor each moment. You will be just fine. I love you, son! Happy 40th birthday to you.
- For your birthday, I hope that you will always have love and happiness in your life. Happy 40th birthday, son. Thank you for letting me enjoy fatherhood!
- You are the most selfless person that I know. For as long as I have known you, you have always put other people’s happiness first. On your 40th birthday, I pray that you will follow your heart and do the things that you have always wanted to do. It’s time to treat yourself to something special because you truly deserve it. I love you so much, dear son. Happy birthday!
- Forty is the age when you will finally realize why your mom and dad loved afternoon naps and why they were so cranky all the time. Happy 40th birthday!
- I hope you always head in the direction of success, my son, and whether it be in life or love, I hope that all your dreams and ambitions come true. Happy 40th birthday!
A well-worded birthday wish can make your loved one’s day, bring a smile to their lips, and reaffirm the affection you have for them. Forty is a watershed for many, and there is no better way for you to acknowledge that than by sending a heart touching birthday message.