- 10 Easy To Learn ABC Coloring Pages For Your Little One
- 10 Alphabet Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 10 Easy To Learn Number Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Country And World Flags Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Top 10 Shapes Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love Doing
Now that your toddler is growing up and discovering new things every day, you must also be looking for ideas that will make the learning process interesting. One of the first things that kids learn is coloring. Isn’t it natural? They love the colors and the freedom they enjoy with them. So, combining coloring with other tedious tasks will make them enjoyable as well. Even calculations could be made tolerable with a dash of colors.
Importance Of Calculations:
Mathematics can be tricky for kids, even at the basic level of addition and subtraction. Numbers have just made their debut in your child’s life and it will take some time to get familiar with them. Whether your kid likes it or not, she will have to learn these calculations, since they form a foundation for lifelong education. Moreover, doing simple calculations will develop the logical and critical thinking skills, as well as life skills.
You can help your kid by introducing simple addition and subtraction coloring worksheets. You will get the rewards in the form of less nagging and more smiles!
Top 10 – Addition And Subtraction Coloring Pages:
Coloring pages that facilitate mathematical calculations are pretty popular with teachers as well as parents. These are free coloring pages with addition and subtraction exercises to color. Kids have to add up or subtract numbers, as needed.
The sheets also have a color code key for each number and once the calculations are done, the pictures are colored as per the key. So, your kids learn about math and controlled coloring at the same time. Here are some addition and subtraction coloring pages that are simple, yet filled with calculative skills for your little one:
1. Simple Flower Pattern:
This is a simple one to start with. Having only addition sums, this pattern will be easy for your toddler as it does not have too many details to fill in. You can have different flowers on this motif and also ask your child to identify the flower once they are through with the coloring.
[ Read: Number Coloring Pages ]
2. Numbers On A Christmas Tree:
Ushering in the Christmas mood with this numbered tree will be fun. Kids will love to decorate the tree with colors after they are done with the calculations. You can follow this up with some real decorations around the house.
3. Add Up French Fries:
Children love French fries. So why not give them a task that involves adding up the fries in each bag? This is also a simple one. And if you are not too health conscious, you can reward the task by giving some real French fries to your child once she has completed the calculations, as an incentive.
[ Read: Abc Coloring Pages ]
4. Something Fishy:
This cute fish has both addition and subtraction exercises. It will be a unique fish indeed. You can ask the kids to paint the background blue to create a sea around the fish.
[ Read: Easter Basket Coloring Pages ]
5. Peeps For Advanced Calculations:
This one is for kids who have learnt the concept of grouping numbers, carry over and borrowing. There are different colors for shapes depending on the method used for addition.
6. Making A Giraffe:
This is also a bit advanced sheet for kids who can fill colors in small squares. There are lots of numbers to be added up and lots of coloring to be done. This sheet can be used with different animal shapes to make the kids learn animal names too.
[ Read: Shapes Coloring Pages ]
7. Angry Birds Squares Math:
Here’s another square based worksheet, but it has the amazing angry bird face. Kids love playing the game, and will certainly enjoy the work.
[ Read: Alphabet Coloring Pages ]
8. Lost World Fun Math:
Meet the dinosaur with numbers. This cute giant will make your kids laugh even as they solve the problem.
9. Add And Subtract On Surf:
This sheet has dual images, with both addition and subtraction. It will keep your kid engaged and give lots to learn.
10. Spring Sheet Calculations:
The picture has lots of fine detailing, like the girl’s hair and butterfly wings. So kids will have to solve the calculations in all these parts and then fill in color patiently. But they will feel victorious once they are done.
[ Read: Flags Of The World Coloring Pages ]
These printable addition and subtraction coloring sheets mentioned above are both fun and educative. Your children can learn a lot about coloring and fixing up the relatively complex images with colors.
You can make your own math coloring pages, with shapes that you and your kids like. This is probably the best way to learn addition and subtraction. If you have more innovative worksheets, do share with us and our readers.
Latest posts by needhi gandhi (see all)
- 10 Best John Deere Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color - November 19, 2014
- 4 Stages of Intellectual Development In Children - November 5, 2014
- Top 25 Cowboy Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones - October 13, 2014
- Top 25 'Nightmare Before Christmas' Coloring Pages for Your Little Ones - October 8, 2014
- Top 25 Moshi Monsters Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones - October 8, 2014
- 10 Best Chameleon Coloring Pages For Your Toddler - October 8, 2014
- Top 10 Farm Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color - October 7, 2014
- Top 10 Letter ‘X’ Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Learn & Color - October 7, 2014
- Top 25 Power Rangers Megaforce Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones - October 6, 2014
- 10 Best Winx Club Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones - October 1, 2014