Adoption is a big decision for which you need proper support and guidance at every step. There is a lot of time-consuming paperwork and procedures involved. The assistance of reputed adoption agencies can reduce your levels of anxiety associated with adoption.
You get the right guidance for extending your family from the trusted adoption organizations that help you enjoy the satisfaction and happiness of having your adopted baby in your arms without any hassles. However, it is crucial to choose the right agency. MomJunction provides you a list of 15 prominent adoption agencies in India. Scroll down to learn about them:
Top 15 Popular Adoption Agencies In India:
1. Children Of The World (India) Trust:
- The ‘Children of the World (India) Trust’ is known to be one of the trusted adoption agencies.
- The organization, located in Mumbai, has been active since 1982.
- The slogan of the Children Of The World (India) Trust is ‘Children are God’s way of telling you tomorrow is beautiful’.
- Children of the World Trust works for the rehabilitation of abandoned and destitute children by promoting their adoption. It provides a temporary home for orphans and abandoned kids with proper care, attention, and opportunities for their intellectual, physical, and emotional development.
- It caters to about 50 abandoned children of 0 to 6 years.
- The agency facilitates adoption by bringing together the kids who have lost their parents and the prospective parents.
401, Arun Chambers, 4th Floor,
Tardeo, Mumbai – 400034,
Tel: 91-022-23520249, 91-22-23520032, 56602196,
2. Delhi Council Of Child Welfare (DCCW):
- ‘Delhi Council of Child Welfare’ is a reputed NGO cum adoption agency.
- It was founded in 1952.
- The slogan of DCCW is ‘Giving Children a Childhood’.
- DCCW offers care to the separated children.
- The agency aims to provide proper attention and organize beneficial programs for underprivileged kids in and around Delhi by encouraging adoption, providing homes to abandoned children, delivering medical facilities, education, nutrition, daycare, and rehabilitation of mentally and physically challenged kids to a great extent.
- More than 2,500 children benefit from various services of DCCW every day; you can adopt a child through the right procedures without any hassles.
Delhi Council For Child Welfare,
“Palna” Civil Lines,
Qudsia Garden, Yamuna Marg,
Delhi – 110054,
[ Read: Stages Of Adopting A Child In India ]
3. Indian Association for Promotion of Adoption (IAPA):
- Indian Association for Promotion of Adoption is committed to providing child welfare services and promote adoption.
- IAPA has been active since 1971
- It is located in Mumbai.
- IAPA actively provides beneficial family-oriented and community-based services to orphans and underprivileged kids and families.
- The adoption agency focuses on improving family life, strengthening family bonds, and promoting education for the future of orphans.
- IAPA works towards rehabilitation and fosters care through the adoption of orphans, abandoned kids, encouraging family support to prevent the separation of a child from the family, and offering support, educational growth, life-skills, psychological health, and vocational training. It encourages adoption of kids by bringing together parents, who wish to adopt a child, and orphans.
Khetwadi Project Office, 40
West khetwadi, BMC School, Khetwadi 5th Lane, Girgaum
4. World Child Welfare Trust India (WWTI):
- World Child Welfare Trust India, also known as Balanand, is one of the leading adoption agencies striving to promote adoption in India.
- WWTI was established in 1984.
- The adoption agency is located in Mumbai.
- WWTI aims to provide homes for orphans, relinquished, abandoned children in the age group of 0 to 6 years and promote their rehabilitation.
- The adoption agency believes that ‘Right to a Family’ is the birthright of every kid and adoption is the best option.
- With great efforts and perseverance, WWTI has established Residential Children’s Home, which possesses the license under Juvenile Justice Act.
- Adoption is the most important program of the organization to help kids without a family to have a permanent home.
Sai Kripa, 93, Ghatla Village,
Chembur – east
5. Family Service Centre (FSC):
- Family Service Centre is another trusted adoption agency in India working towards children’s adoption and strengthening family values.
- The agency’s year of establishment is 1955.
- FSC is situated in Mumbai.
- FSC is a leading adoption agency working to uplift families in crises, particularly children and women.
- The organization aims to preserve, strengthen, and promote the family as a unit.
- FSC works to reach out families through its adoption programs, community-based initiatives, educational sponsorship, and foster care, and other community development programs and promote adoption.
- The organization is proud to reach out more than 18,500 individuals in a year.
Eucharisdtic Congress Bldg – III, Ground Floor
5, Convent Street
6. Vathsalya Charitable Trust:
- Vathsalya Charitable Trust is one of the prominent not-for-profit adoption agencies focusing on community development, promoting adoption, and working for the uplift of the low-socioeconomic community.
- The organization is located in Bangalore.
- It has been active since 1988.
- Vathsalya Charitable Trust houses homeless, orphan kids and works towards their growth and overall development through its various initiatives and adoption programs.
- The organization has received more than 1,400 children and aided adoption of more than 800 in families.
- Its objective is to ensure a healthy living environment for orphans and needy families by providing the right nutrition, educational services, health programs, vocational and life skills training, adoption promotion, and counseling services.
No 717, 5th Cross
HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar
Tel: + 91 80 2545 7360 / 080 41480194
[ Read: Tips To Avoid Adoption Scams ]
7. Catalyst For Social Action (CSA):
- Catalyst for Social Action is a leading not-for-profit adoption agency dedicated towards welfare and rehabilitation of kids living in orphanages.
- The adoption agency sports the slogan ‘Child care and beyond’.
- CSA has been active since September 2002, and it is located in Mumbai.
- CSA aims to work as a catalyst adopting and promoting a holistic approach to child welfare and rehabilitation.
- The agency supports more than 2,800 children in more than 55 childcare organizations in four Indian states and encourages adoption of kids.
- CSA is popular for publishing ‘A family for every child’, a book on promoting the concept of adoption.
- Also, it aids to transfer a child from an orphanage into an adoption agency after the child gets an opportunity to get adopted.
Catalysts for Social Action (CSA), C/o Accelya Kale Solution Ltd.,
3rd floor, Modi House, Naupada, Eastern Express Highway
Tel: 91-22-67808888, 91-9820557180
8. Shiva DMD (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) Health And Education Trust:
- Shiva DMD Health and Education Trust strives towards the betterment of DMD children and promotes their adoption for their better living and care.
- The agency was established in 2010.
- It is located in Mumbai.
- Shiva DMD Health and Education Trust aims to build a healthcare center for DMD children and work with RND organization for the development and well-being of DMD kids.
- It works to bring couples who wish to adopt kids and orphan DMD kids and support their adoption efforts.
- The agency promotes the values of positive parenting and happy, healthy families where DMD kids get love and care.
Shiva DMD Health & Education Trust
Office Address: #2, Shiv Shakti Society, Chaitanya Nagar,
I.I.T Market, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Pin Code – 400076
Phone No: 022-25773494
9. Asansol Burdwan Seva Kendra (ABSK):
- Asansol Burdwan Seva Kendra is a specialized adoption agency.
- The organization has been active since 1998.
- ABSK is located in the state of West Bengal.
- ABSK aims to fulfill the needs of the poor and marginalized section of Diocese of Asansol by extending its helping hand to safeguard and rehabilitate 15 needy kids at a time with the help of government aid.
- The agency is registered under J.J Amendment Act 2006 and promotes adoption of children for their betterment.
- The organization believes that adoption is one of the best ways to rehabilitate the abandoned and orphan children.
Address of the Organization:
Asansol Burdwan Seva Kendra
55, B.B. Ghosh Road, Tentultola, Burdwan- 713101 (W.B), India
Phone: 0342-2568084 (0), 09434391404, 09474612533 (M)
Fax: (0342)- 2568084
10. Indian Society For Rehabilitation Of Children (ISRC):
- Indian Society for the Rehabilitation of Children (ISRC) is one of the leading adoption agencies in India which provides a home to several abandoned, needy kids and infants and more than 30 orphans with special needs.
- The organization is situated in Kolkata.
- ISRC runs under the aegis of the CARA i.e. Central Adoption Resource Authority, which is a leading autonomous body operating under the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
- The agency follows the rules of the in-country adoption of Indian kids and promotes adoption of abandoned and orphan children to help them have a family life and love and care.
- In addition to this, ISRC has two wings, one wing promotes the adoption of kids, and another works towards the development of the children who are physically disabled.
244A, Purna Das Road,
Kolkata – 700029
11. Bilaspur Seva Bharati:
- Bilaspur Sewa Bharti Matruchhaya is a trusted adoption agency committed to providing a home for abandoned children, work for their betterment, and promote adoption to strengthen the family values.
- The main branch of the organization is located in Bilaspur, Chhatisgarh, and it’s operating since 2004.
- It has two branches, one in Ambikapur and other in Durg.
- Bilaspur Seva Bharati takes care of abandoned newborn babies and children coming under the age group of 0 to 6 years and encourages adoption of children to help them have a healthy family life.
- The agency is affiliated with the Social Welfare Department and Department Of Women And Child Development of Chhattisgarh.
Near Tulja Bhawani Temple,
12. Uttar Pradesh Council For Child Welfare (UPCCW):
- Uttar Pradesh Council for Child Welfare is one of the prominent adoption agencies and a unit of international body, which works for the development, education, and health of needy children and support their adoption.
- UPCCW is also the state-level branch of the Indian Council for Child Welfare based in New Delhi.
Its registration under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1975 allows it to receive foreign grants and Income Tax Act, 1961 lets it benefit from income tax exemptions.
- UPCCW aims to see every child and woman healthy, educated, and developed, and it supports adoption of abandoned children.
- The mission of UPCCW is to work for the uplift of the society, promote national awareness and integrity by making the generation aware about their rights.
- It works to strengthen the family values by supporting the adoption of orphans and abandon children.
Uttar Pradesh Council For Child Welfare
2, Rana Pratap Marg, Moti Mahal,
Lucknow – 226001, Uttar Pradesh.
13. Anantha Ashram Trust:
- Anantha Ashram is a popular registered charitable trust which actively promotes the values of love and compassion in the community and encourages adoption of orphans, and abandoned children.
- The organization has been active since 1989, and it started a small orphanage in 1991.
- It is located in Hosur, Tamil Nadu state.
- Anantha Ashram Trust’s primary objective is to serve needy people and children.
- The agency supports adoption, provides health and educational services to the needy, and helps orphans and the abandoned get love and care from its services.
Anantha Ashram Trust
Mathigiri, HCF Post, Hosur Krishnagiri Dist.
Tel: 04344-262324 / 9442448133
[ Read: Child Adoption Facts ]
14. All India Pingalwaara Charitable Society (AIPCS):
- All India Pingalwaara Charitable Society works towards providing love and care not only for orphans and abandoned kids but also to disabled and retarded children.
- It is located in Amritsar, Punjab.
- AIPWCS aims to provide food and shelter to poor, education to children, and vocational training to disabled and retarded children, and encourage adoption to help orphans have family love and attention.
- Also, the agency organizes immunization and blood donation camps and spreads awareness among the masses about different environmental and social evils.
All India Pingalwaara Charitable Society,
Email Id: email@example.com
15. Shri Kasturba Stri Vikas Gruh:
- Shri Kasturba Stri Vikas Gruh is another leading adoption agency that takes care of abandoned infants born to widowed or unwed mothers and work for their overall development.
- The organization was established in 1957, and is located in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- Shri Kasturba Stri Vikas Gruh believes that resettlement or adoption of orphans and abandoned kids is a great step for their well-being and development. It offers care and needs of abandoned children and encourages their adoption.
- The agency has established Matrushri Jivibai Home for infants and children and a crèche for kids of working women.
- Lots of Indian families from foreign countries and India have come forward to adopt the abandoned and orphans from the institute.
Shri Kasturba Stri Vikas Gruh
Jamnagar, 361 008, (Gujarat) INDIA
Phone No. : +91 288 275 1728, 275 3000
Fax : +91 288 275 1730
Do you plan to adopt a tiny tot and expand your family? Are you looking for some trusted adoption agencies for adopting a kid? Then, refer to the above 15 adoption agencies and have a sweet addition to your family. Share your experience with your preferred organization in the comment section below.
- What Is The General Cost Of Adoption?
- Semi-Open Adoption – 9 Pros & Cons You Should Be Aware Of
- Open Adoption Vs Closed Adoption – Which One Is Better?
- What Are The Different Types Of Adoption?
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 6 Most Popular Indian Mythological Stories For Kids - September 15, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016