Diapers are an inevitable part of your baby’s life. In fact, they are one thing that is there on a baby’s body for the longest part of the day. Therefore, it is really important to choose the right diapers for the baby.
Diapers are one of the main reasons behind rashes and infections on your baby’s skin. While choosing diapers there are a certain things to keep in mind and the requirements for diapers also changes as your baby grows with age and weight.
A newborn baby needs diapers which are super soft and gentle on their skin. Since the baby is just born, diapers that are too tight are a big no for them. Many people prefer using cloth diapers in the first few months after the baby’s birth but it is not always hygienic and comfortable to use cloth diapers. Cloth diapers might be reusable and cheap as compared to disposable one’s but they do not usually lock away the moisture from the baby’s body like the disposable ones do. You may want to buy diapers which have a U shaped hole cut out for protection to the umbilical cord.
Babies who are above in the range of 6 – 9 months need diapers which stay fit and give long lasting protection. Babies tend to stretch and kick a lot as their activities increase so they need a diaper which gives them the flexibility as well as comfort. Babies begin eating solid foods, which means that their poo becomes more explosive and they need diapers which have higher absorbing qualities.
Your baby will start taking their first steps anywhere between 9 and 18 months, which causes a lot of friction and there are the highest chances for rashes to appear. Your baby will need highly stretchable and flexible diapers. Babies fall trying to walk which puts a lot of pressure on the diaper so it is really important to have absolutely leak free diapers so that the moisture of urine does not make contact with the baby’s sensitive skin.
Babies between 18 and 24 months tend to walk and run around a lot so they just need an all-round fit and breathable diapers for full comfort. Diapers which reduce friction and are also infused with baby lotion to moisturise the baby’s skin are a go to in this case.
After 24 months babies get potty trained and diapers are used mostly during the nights. So during this time any soft diaper which gives around 10-12hrs of protection and dryness should do. Diapers with gel lock technology, which lock the wetness for long, are the right diapers for babies above two years of age.
Huggies has a huge range of diapers for babies of all ages and gives the best protection. Huggies diapers are clinically proven to prevent diaper rashes. The diapers are soft and provide long hours of dryness which will keep your baby healthy and smiling.
Latest posts by Ayushi Goel (see all)
- Importance of Calcium in the Diet of New Mothers - February 20, 2018
- Can’t Do The Dishes But Won’t Have A Maid? Here’s The Best Solution! - February 7, 2018
- Why Increased Calcium Intake Is A Must For You Post Delivery? - February 3, 2018
- Growcheck - The World's FIRST Vertical Body Measure And Data Analysis Platform! - October 25, 2017
- Having Fears About Diapers? You Need To Come Out Of Them Now - October 25, 2017
- 5 Points To Remember When Shopping For Your Baby During Pregnancy - October 24, 2017
- Never Lose Another Photo Again With Capsule - The Smart Photo Assistant! - October 9, 2017
- Your Baby Is Developing Much Faster Than You Think! - September 28, 2017
- 8 Tricks That Guarantee Your Baby Will Sleep Through The Night - September 10, 2017
- Age Wise Diaper Requirements For Your Baby - September 10, 2017