Do you love bonding with your little one while nursing him? Do you love the crunchy flavor of almonds? Are you skeptical about munching on these delicious nuts and wondering if they may adversely affect your breastfeeding baby? Well, if you can relate to the above situations, fret not! Just go ahead and check out this post.
Almonds are a must-have for people across all age groups as they offer many health benefits. But do you want to know whether consuming almonds while breastfeeding is a safe bet or not? Read on to know more!
Benefits Of Eating Almonds While Breastfeeding:
Eating almonds during your breastfeeding phase can work wonders for your health and the growth of your precious baby in the following ways:
- Nutritional nuts such as walnuts and almonds are the best food for a nursing mother. Even gynecologists recommend having almonds while breastfeeding your baby. Raw Almonds are a rich source of healthy proteins and calcium, which could effectively enhance the growth process of your baby.
- Almonds are a storehouse of essential nutrients like Vitamin E, Vitamin B2, B3, and B1. It is also a rich source of minerals like Magnesium, Copper, Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, and Zinc (1). Adding the delicious dry fruit to your postnatal diet can help to boost your baby’s immunity and your pace of recovery.
- As a nursing mother, it must be difficult for you to take out time and cook special food for yourself to enhance your nutritional intake. Do not worry! Almonds can be a handy, wholesome, and tasty snack that can prevent you from eating junk food and can make post pregnancy weight loss easier for you.
- Nuts, especially almonds, are often regarded to serve as galactagogues. By including almond or almond milk in your postnatal diet, you can effectively improve the quality and quantity of your breast milk. Women suffering from the problem of poor lactation are often advised to increase their intake of almonds to stimulate their milk production naturally!
- As a breastfeeding mother, you must be having a tough time nursing the baby and managing the maternal chores. Almonds are a must-have energy food for you that can help you fight fatigue (2).
- As you have little time and energy left to take care of your grooming, adding almonds to your meal plans can help you look good effortlessly and win compliments. The Vitamin E in the almonds can give you a glowing skin and lustrous hair and transform you into a yummy mummy!
When To Stop Eating Almonds While Breastfeeding?
You pass on the nutrients you consume during your lactation phase to your baby through your breast milk. It is advisable to seek your doctor’s approval before adding almonds to your postnatal diet as it will indirectly affect the health of your baby. Remember to consume almonds in moderate quantities only. If you are eating almonds, and your newborn is allergic to nuts he may develop the following symptoms:
- Respiratory Trouble
- Itchy skin rashes or hives
Seek immediate medical help if you notice the above signs of discomfort in your baby. Your health consultant may advise you to eliminate almonds from your diet while breastfeeding your little one (3).
Now you know more about the goodness of almonds and why they are a super food for breastfeeding moms like you. So, why wait? Go ahead and spread the word to enlighten other new moms on almonds and breastfeeding!
Did you eat almonds while breastfeeding your little angel? Did your baby suffer from any nut allergy? Please share your experience and advice with fellow moms here. You can leave a comment in the box below.
- Is It Safe To Drink Almond Milk While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Eat Asparagus While You Are Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Use Magnesium Citrate While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Eat Sushi While You Are Breastfeeding?
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017
- Diet Plans For Overweight Pregnant Women - Everything You Need To Know - June 30, 2017
- 12 Common Complications Associated With Twin Pregnancy - June 30, 2017
- Hepatitis During Pregnancy: Types, Causes, And Treatment - May 11, 2017
- You Have Different Breastmilk For Your Daughter And Son - June 6, 2016
- How To Be A Good Husband - A Definite Guide - May 30, 2016
- 10 Delicious Non-Alcoholic Cocktails Recipes For Kids - May 27, 2016
- 8 Spectacular Nail Art Designs For Teens - May 24, 2016