Congratulations, you are pregnant! It’s time you can pamper yourself with fresh juices and delicacies.
This is the time when you may feel fatigued and stressed, so why not energize yourself with some raw carrot juice? But, is carrot safe during pregnancy? You can start feeling the difference, once you give your body the right dose of essential nutrients. Remember, you are not alone, as the growing baby inside you would also benefit from the boost of nutrients you offer with daily consumption of healthy foods.
Benefits Of Carrot Juice During Pregnancy
Carrot is known to be one of the most versatile of all vegetables because of its nutritive value, which is highly suitable to be taken as juice as well. While it surely tastes good, its cleansing effect in your body offers plenty of health benefits in pregnancy as well.
Here is the list of benefits of eating carrot during pregnancy:
- Carrot helps cleansing your liver.
- Your immune system becomes weak in pregnancy to support growth of the fetus. Carrot helps in boosting your immunity.
- Pregnancy is the time when you need to stay safe. Regular intake of carrot keeps at bay problems like bronchitis.
- Carrots help keeping the cell membranes healthy by fighting against infections.
- These help in improving the skin, flesh and muscles of the unborn baby inside you.
- High blood sugars can be detrimental to the health of your baby in pregnancy. Carrots help to keep down blood sugar levels and reduce risks of diabetes.
[ Read: Beetroot During Pregnancy ]
- Carrots are rich in calcium and aid development of bones and teeth in your baby.
- These are rich in vitamin C, A and fiber that you need in high amounts in pregnancy.
- Carrot juices are rich in beta carotene that acts as an antioxidant and protects you against free radicals.
- Vitamin A in carrot juices helps fighting against infections. Vitamin A moreover adds quality to your breast milk. Mothers, who are breastfeeding, must make it a point to add nutrient packed carrots in their daily diet.
- Phytochemicals contained in juices promote proper functioning of the body. These are considered important vitamins that must be added in your daily pregnancy diet.
- Drinking carrot juice in the last few months of pregnancy is known to reduce the chances of jaundice in your baby.
[ Read: Diet Chart For Pregnant Women ]
Interesting Consumption Tips
Carrots are delicious. Keeping in mind some simple tips will ensure all vital nutrients are retained. Here is what you should know:
- Carrots, which are less than 6 inches in length, are sweet. Look for the shorter variants if you prefer the sweet taste, otherwise opt for the longer ones.
- The vital nutrients remain concentrated under the skin, so try to take it with the skin. You can use a hard brush to clean it properly.
- Carrots are mild root vegetables that get mixed with other ingredients easily.
[ Read: Radish During Pregnancy ]
Risks Of Carrots Or Carrot Juices In Pregnancy
While carrots in raw form or juice are nutritious no doubt, excessive consumption can lead to certain complications in pregnancy as well. Here is why you should be careful:
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A. Too much of vitamin A consumption is said to interfere with fetal growth.
- Carrots contain carotene, which is a provitamin A and gets converted in your body only when the need arises.
- It is not possible for you to get high amount of vitamin A by taking carotene, as your body regulates the conversion of carotene to vitamin A.
- Too much of indigestion of carotene leads to carotenemia, which eventually turns the skin yellow.
- B-carotene is known to cause cancer.
[ Read: Corn During Pregnancy ]
Have a word with your doctor about the amount of daily consumption of carrot or carrot juice during pregnancy. He will be the right person to decide if carrots are safe for your pregnancy. Put to rest all your worries and enjoy a healthy diet.
Mothers, do tell us in the comment section below about any other benefits of eating carrots during pregnancy.
Reference : 1
- Is It Safe To Eat Cucumber During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Eat Potato During Pregnancy?
- 7 Nutritional Benefits Of Asparagus In Pregnancy
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Eating Broccoli During Pregnancy