Everyone goes through hard times in their lives, and even the strongest people can feel like they have hit rock bottom. So, share these quotes to cheer up someone who you know is feeling sad and hopeless.
We can all overcome sorrow and sadness when we have the right support system and are surrounded by kind family members and loving friends. So, be someone’s support system, uplift them, and make their day by sharing these inspiring lines. Words have the power to bring a smile to people’s faces and heal wounds.
Cheer Up Messages And Quotes
If someone close to you is feeling low and struggling in life, then you can send them these cheer up messages to help comfort, encourage and reassure them that things will get better and they will bounce back stronger than ever before.
- Today may not be the right day, but tomorrow, everything will be alright.
- “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it, there are many dark places; but still, there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Do not lose hope, hardships come to make you stronger.
- “Success is not final failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen
- “When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.” – Pittacus Lore
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” – Mulan
- You should have more faith in yourself than anyone else. You will stand again, the fall was just to pause you for a while.
- “So if you’re going through a tough time right now, just know that it’s happening because it’s teaching you a lesson. The hurt you’re feeling will help you appreciate something amazing in the future. Believe.” – Cassey Ho
Cheer Up Messages And Quotes For Boyfriend
Is your boyfriend having a bad time and struggling in life? Do you wish to cheer him up with a few words of encouragement? Then you must send him these cheer up messages for boyfriend.
- “Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused.” – Alan Cohen.
- Do not stop, just keep going, my friend.
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
- It is okay to fail for someone you love. That shows your unconditional love.
- “If you’re having a bad day, just remember that you have managed to get through every bad day you’ve had. You will make it through this one too.” – Mel Robbins
- “No matter how dark it seems right now, I promise you can get through it! There’s always a better day, another chance, and something amazing waiting for you down the road! And also today you’re not alone.” – Ryan Pernofski
- Be brave and stand up to what you feel is right. So, go on, and do not look back.
- “I’ll tell everyone in the world that you are the only one that matters.” – Ernest Hemingway
Cheer Up Messages And Quotes For Girlfriend
Show your lady love that no matter how difficult a situation is, she is brave and strong enough to get through it, with these cheer up quotes for girlfriend.
- “The night is darkest just before dawn. And I promise you the dawn is coming.” – The Dark Knight.
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford.
- When you have light within, nobody can stop you.
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “It’s a blessing to be on earth with you. We can win together. Love, justice, and peace are good for us all.” – Bernice King
- “She is water: soft enough to offer life, tough enough to drown it away.” – Rupi Kaur
- “It’s all gonna be alright someday. Till then, we work, we love, we pray. But it’s all gonna be alright someday.” – Beth Moore
- You have always made my proud of your achievements, girl, keep the spirit up.
Quotes To Cheer Up A Friend
A friend in need is a friend indeed. You, as a friend, have the power to change the way your friend feels. You can help your friend get a new lease of life with these cheer up quotes for friends.
- “There are all these moments you don’t think you will survive. And then you survive.” – David Levithan
- “This same world that cries, rebuilds. This same world that is shattered, heals.” – Marisa Donnelly
- “I know things aren’t easy for you right now… You may be wondering how you’re going to deal with everything that’s facing you. But I know you- you have a strong spirit- and even though it might be hard for you to believe, I know you have what it takes to get through this time.” – M. Gentry
- “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” – The Help
- “Just fight a little longer, my friend; it’s all worth it in the end.” – Lecrae
- “I know you can’t promise much right now, but please promise me this – promise me you’ll hang in there because I can promise you things will get better.” – Becca Martin
- “When you are going through difficult times, remember: you might have lost some major battles, but you survived, and you’re still here. That is a victory. Show your happiness and celebrate your ability to go forward.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “The Universe has your back even when things aren’t working out the way you expected.” – Gabby Bernstein
- “You have been through so much at the hands of this world, but it has never defeated you.” – Bianca Sparacino
Funny Cheer Up Quotes
As Edward Bulwer-Lytton said, ‘Humor is the sunshine of the mind.’ With humor, you can turn someone’s day upside down. So, if you’re looking to lighten up someone’s mind, then you have to send them these funny cheer up messages.
- “Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget tossing in the lifeboats.” -Voltaire
- “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard
- “If life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like whaaaat?” – Phil Dunphy
- “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” – Isaac Asimov
- “Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Welcome to the real world! It sucks. You’re gonna love it!” – Friends
- “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers
- “Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.” – Robert Brault
- “There’s just no way around this one: YOU MATTER, unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then YOU ENERGY.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
Short Cheer Up Quotes
Mottos or short cheer up quotes to live by for when things seem hard.
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Don’t quit. Don’t ever quit.” – Emmitt Smith
- “Just keep swimming.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “To infinity and beyond!” – Star Command
- “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys.” – Robin Williams
- “You have to be odd to be number one.” – Dr. Seuss
- “May the force be with you.” – Star Wars
Inspirational Cheer Up Quotes
Are you looking for cheer up quotes that would encourage and inspire someone who’s feeling down? Then this list of inspirational cheer up quotes will do the job for you.
- “Blooming from the wounds which we once bled. This is your alchemy. This is your truth.” – Sjana Elise Earp
- “Beauty remains, even in misfortune. If you just look for it, you discover more and more happiness and regain your balance.” – Ann Frank
- “You’re supposed to fail sometimes. It’s a required part of human existence.” – Sarah Dessen
- “There is a massive world full of people, and it’s really easy to get caught up in feeling like you’re not an individual, but it’s vital to recognize that you have so much to contribute without even realizing. You have a story to tell and the journey that you’ve been on. Every single person on this planet has something to contribute to the larger conversation.” – Chidera Eggerue
- “Good morning stunner lemme pile up these, words and reminders, of how much you matter, so thick that when that bullet of doubt seems to knock you out of the sky, and we all gasp your eyes open, you pull these words out of your pocket with that bullet stuck in it, ‘Alive Stunner’. Get up.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “Difficulties come to grow you into something bigger.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “You are beautiful and loved by the universe that made you, with every atom and star moving in perfect alignment to make you, you.” – Iain Thomas
- “You are so loved, and we like having you around. There. Stay put, you. Tug if you need anything.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
Difficult moments are a part of life, and one may try to find ways to be optimistic at such times. A different perspective during such periods is appreciated. If your friends or family members are having a hard time, tell them you will be there for them and offer comforting words. Help them gain a different perspective on their issue and realize that hard times are never permanent and shall pass. Even if you are not going through a difficult phase, reading these quotes to cheer someone up may help you gain strength for the future.
Infographic: Ways To Cheer Yourself Up
There can be days when you might not feel your best. During such times, it is important that you take out a moment to hit the reset button and regain your composure. But can’t figure out how to do it? Then save this infographic for those times when you need to unwind and get away from things for a little while.
View Profile ›